Smoking after wisdom teeth removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budbrothers

GreenThumb
Reaction score
Hi all I had my one top wisdom tooth removed and the doc told me not to smoke (cigs im assumming). I did some research and found the reason is to prevent infection and a thing called a "dry socket" from happening. its been little under 3 days now and I was wondering could I still get one now? The tooth was a straight pull and he packed it with a special healing gel and sewed it shut now going on to 3 days would it be possible to get a dry socket if i baby toked a joint very lightly or should i wait out longer?

How long did he say not to smoke for? I personally would follow however long he said, a friend of mine had Dry Socket, and he was NOT HAPPY.

Keep it chill ma brother,
Peace

Seb

he said not to for 24 hours. But i read some other things on the net and it said not to for a while other wise they have to put a medicated gel in. But my dentist did that anyways so im wondering if it was a shortcut. which is why he said 24 hours.

Then You shuould be fine man, If its been 3 days it should be all cool in my opinion.

I smoked hours after i got all four wisdom teeth and 1 molar and i dident have any problems with anything. Only problem i had wuz wen they pulled out 1, they chipped a bottom tooth.

They told me the same thing,first time I got dry socket,but the 2nd time,drank some water before pulling the cone,then a sip of water after pulling the cone,maybe just luck,but had no problems the 2nd time.

Y'all should inhale through a straw or something. ;)

i was smoking cigs and MJ hours after i got mine pulled. (didn't mean to, but buddy came over with some good chronic he wanted to share)
i didn't have any problems.

i think the main problem is the sucking (or puffing, you know what i mean) so roll lose and don't puff to hard and hopefully all will be well (or just hold off)

I got dry socket and it wasn't fun. I'd give it a few days. And no straws either, they also cause DS.

Good luck.

Not something I would chance. I agree with mom, give it some time.

I just followed my Dentists instructions and was fine, he said no smoking for 24 hours and I had some nic brownies and cookies instead. I was of the opinion that the dry socket is caused by the vacuum action when you puff{kinda like sucking a stuck piece of popcorn from between teeth} :hubba: A straw would make it worse, I'd guess. maybe if you just lightly inhaled from a cloud of smoke or vaporizer, with a wide open throat and mouth :confused2:

don't risk it man. dry sockets are no fun at all. just stick it out and do what the dentist says

if yer really that in need of a smoke... simply breath it in thru your nose... like... have someone fill a bag full of smoke for you, or hold a smoke under an overturned, open bag and just stick it over your face and inhale... simple :doh:

or simply just swallow down some bud... u'll be fried in a bit....

i had some dry sockets its not fun but a good trick is have a friend fill up a bong and you clear it, its pretty weak but if your trying to get high this is a good way to do it

Latest posts

Back