Smoking INdiana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffin Afatty

Reaction score
Howdy MP Folks Everywhere :ciao:

I was on my annual Labor Day Dove Hunt at my buddies farm in the great state of Indiana. Michigan is Home, but this was a very, very, nice place to be :aok:

We had an excellent 1st shoot yesterday and this evening should be even better as the birds fly faster after being to school yesterday ;)

Last night we had a barbeque and I got to smoke 4-5 kinds of the most excellent weed and then someone I didnt know, pulled out a jar of the most beautiful smoke I had seen since my years in the service, out of country :D

The person, my buddies daughter, said She grew it in a DWC set-up, under 1000w HPS [heavy sigh] It was from my very own thai seeds, gifted to Her by my buddy, unknown to me. I was so surprised I almost came to tears. She had done a superb job of growing and curing this beautiful weed. I was truely impressed and more envious than ever of those using this photon generator machine. :holysheep:

:farm: I didnt ask but She offered to show me Her grow. She has an indoor room, width10 ft by length12 ft by height10 ft and has the lamp on a horizontal mover. She grows 3-4 strains at a time, keeping Mommas in an enclosed cabinet under flouros. I was drooling so much I had to hold a hanky the whole time

:rolleyes: Then, I asked Her husband if He was interested in a wife-swap kinda deal, told Him I'd throw in a little harley 125 and couple $$ saddly, He declined :(

btw, the OldLady :angrywife: doesnt know a thing about my offer, keep it to yourselves eh or Poor Puffin will be subjected to no end of harassment

I decided to give her a clone of my SnowWhite, just to see what SHE will do under a 1000w hps, I'll take Her a couple snips when we go back today. Perhaps I can persuade Her to do a gj here

Gotta get ready for the ride, Have a Great Day MP :ciao:

2nd shoot was better, birds were really haulin it, I love it. I'm flying back down this weekend and we'll really see some doves with afterburners on :woohoo: I'm going teal shooting friday, we saw about 100 of the greenwinged yesterday on a nice marsh to the south of pigeon river, should be interesting :hubba:

I love to hunt, but the weather is a bit warm below the bridge, alas :rofl:

Teal are so much fun to hunt, I swear those little birds have built in radar and can dodge every pellet lol. Our early goose season started up a couple days ago, but I have to wait another month for duck :( I can't imagine hitting doves, they are so dang fast.

what year is your plane puffin? ive always wanted to get my pilot license and buy a little plane.how much is fuel for that thing runnin ya nowadays?

Mine was built in 1976 and then udated in the mid 80's, I filled my tank at the airport and the guy charged me $5 per gal for 100 octane, but I think He gave me a deal, could be as high as $6, marine gas was $6 earlier this summer :hubba:

oh,well thats not as bad as i thaught.how many gallons would it take to get where you are to indiana in that? is it cheaper to fly then to drive? i usually go down to either ohio or indiana to pick up fireworks..its about a few hours away from me

the flight takes less than 2 hours from here to my buddies airport in indiana, and we hunt just next door, it's about 390 air miles south of here and I cruise along at about 210mph. I can be sitting here drinking tea at 3pm and be shooting doves and/or waterfowl with him by 6pm

I run about 20 gallons per hour, I can easily go 900+ miles on a tank of 93 gallons, that's about 10 miles to the gallon of 100 octane :hubba:

so its really alot more expensive to fly than drive..you just enjoy the skys alot more im sure.how long was your training?

HMAN said:
And I thought my 4 wheel drive was bad at 13mpg!!! You just made me feel better..... course you cruise at 210mph!!!:hubba:

lol,i was thinking the same thing. (got a tahoe that'll do like 14-16 mpg)

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
so its really alot more expensive to fly than drive..you just enjoy the skys alot more im sure.how long was your training?

I figure it costs me $250 US per hour to fly the Seneca ;)

I have been flying since before I was born, Dad was a pilot and took Mom and Me UP all the time :woohoo:
I was flying as soon as it was possible I guess, I have my 1st ticket from age 15 to learn and at 16 I got my pilots license, so it's been a long while.

I think the requirement was for about 35-40 hours of flying time, 8-10 hours of groundschool [we didnt have computer simulators back in 1964] and then we took a flight test with the FAA examiner. my shirt tail is still on the wall of the hangar smeared with a big 11-7-64 :D

I used to make runs to Michigan City and get large quantities of commercial bud back when I was selling.My buddy also knows a grower up there and I always ended up coming back with a little kind.Miss the kind but don't miss the drive.

lol,yea its definitly around.ive seen my fair share of alot of good green around here.its just nowadays everybody around my ways trying to sell it by the gram ,and i hate the idea of payin 20 a gram so i usually stick w/ my midgrades.80-100 oz...gets the job done i guess.
anyways,lol 1964 huh puffin..the day you got your license to kill.
250 an hours kinda steep...how much were you payin for fuel back in the 80s?

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
[snip]

anyways,lol 1964 huh puffin..the day you got your license to kill.
250 an hours kinda steep...how much were you payin for fuel back in the 80s?

wow, the 80's, hmmm it was like 60-65 cents a gallon maybe, automobile gas was 55 cents I guess, it's always been more, just like marina gas:rolleyes:

I do recall when I first had to buy av fuel it cost me 20 cents per gallon and the single engine [C150 I think] rental time was 13 per hour :hubba:

Latest posts

Back