SO I found an entire field of all male plants... can I do anything?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you need a outdoor shower, and a change of clothes everytime you leave your house, if you grow inside. I'd be the first one to get out there with a weedwacker.

GrowinGreen said:
haha I highly doubt that is true. I'm originally from a small midwest town and my friends and I use to swim and camp at this sandpit outside of town... and ditch weed just surrounded this place and I mean allll over! You could just tell it was crap, it had a minty smell to it and looked just like a mj plant but was on the small side. I don't even know if they could ever produce bud even if they were female, at least it is weird to think now they they never had bud on any of them.

I use to take some of the leaves and press them... haha I probably still have some back home somewhere.... good memories.

sure your not thinking of spider plants, they have kind similar leaves, just the spider plants to have the jagged look to the leaves. i think they were called spider plants. my mom used to have those in the garden. i always hung leaves in my room lol, just because i was like hehe hey look it looks like a pot leaf he he. lol

schoolboy420 said:
sure your not thinking of spider plants, they have kind similar leaves, just the spider plants to have the jagged look to the leaves. i think they were called spider plants. my mom used to have those in the garden. i always hung leaves in my room lol, just because i was like hehe hey look it looks like a pot leaf he he. lol

Hey man, yeah I'm sure of it. This was just wild ditch weed all over the place... very common back home. Tall *** plants too!

I don't think I've heard of the spider plant, actually I think I have but it looks more like an aloe vera plant doesn't it?

Here are pictures of a spider plant and a hemp plant.

spiderplant.jpg

hemp_smplant_071701.jpg

it is hemp more than likely, they grow it around here and its just like you describe. i just ride by and laugh, then fire up a good bow:hubba: l pac

ive got a lot of wild weed growing in my area too...10 to 15 foot plants arent uncommon....when igrow outside i spend a lot of hours walking around and killing the males...of course you missa lot but its better then just letting them grow.....sometimes if i have a male that i know is of "good stock" then ill let it grow nice and big in hopes that it adds some better genitics to the wild weed and maybe after a few years ill have some decent wild weed....i know i usually find at least one ditch female a year that i dry andsmoke and catch a buzz...thinking that if i keep introducing good genes to the wild ones then maybe one day ill have some kick *** weed that grows wild! that would be like a dream come true......

yeh i guess u all right who knows anyway u look at it **** this field of ditch garbage ima have my own piff

str8t0thetop said:
yeh i guess u all right who knows anyway u look at it **** this field of ditch garbage ima have my own piff

that's exactly what i was thinkin....

I do also agree with hemp. sounds perfect to me. There is money in hemp. lots of money if you can legally grow fields of hemp.

I'll still stick with my original post. If it's someone's crop or not; you can take pollen. If it's ditch weed; then it won't matter. If it's a field of good genetics, yay. If it's anything else... meh. The fact of the matter is, you don't know what it is right now. Assuming it's ditch weed is just as short sighted and naive as assuming it's amazing genetics. You don't know what it is. You are completely entitled to collect up pollen and test it out on a branch of a good female. There'll be no harm to the field; which should be preserved as long as possilbe... preferably undisturbed. There's also very little harm done to any grow you might have going on. Contrary to popular folklore; impregnating a branch of a plant will not "ruin" you harvest or yield. I'm not going to say it won't affect potency. I will say that if it does, you probably won't even notice the relative difference.

Anyway, take a few baggies out there, look for the very best plant specimens, shake a little pollen out, then see what type of plant you come out with. If you're curious about the field, see what it has to offer. If you're not and you're not planning on doing anything with the information, then why'd you even bring the question up.

Whatever the case "DO NOT ASSUME IT'S JUST DITCH WEED". I and my friends toss/plant seeds all the time; either purposely or as a side effect of deseeding while smoking. There's lots of wild plants growing around here. I doubt there's any wild hemp in the area at all. If someone were to stumble across one of our plants, they'd be stumbling across genetics like AK47, White Widow, and Ice. I think it's worth taking a little pollen from something like that, to see what pops out of the resultant seed... or even taking a clone, if you stumble across a female (Iffy on that one, but still harmless, for the most part.)

I doubt there would be a field of nothing but male plants if there wasn't a reason. Marijuana grows in pairs, with a slightly higher ratio of females to males (If my information is correct.) If you find a field of just males, chances are, SOMEONE did it on purpose. Chances are, they weren't just wasting there time either. That's too much work for just putzing around. My guess is that someone has a grow going and couldn't stand to see all their male plants go to waste. Otherwise, they really are sorting out the best male for their own purposes. Either way... or any way, take some pollen. It's either a waste of a little of your time and effort (I can shake pollen into a baggie in less then the time it takes me to eat a regular sized candy bar; so the whole time effort thing is really negligible,) or a very good investment of your time. You don't know at this point and neither does anyone else here; including me.

Let me be completely clear on this. I'm not suggesting you cut, take, bend in an unsightly fashion, rub up against, or otherwise molest the plants in the field. Just don't miss out on a potentially good thing. That pollen may produce crap that you'll just end up tossing back into the wild. It could also produce the best smoke of your life. Why chance missing out because of inactivity?

probally ditch and it just looks like all male cause there are so many males all growing together and the female tops are so small and are probally later than the males all there showing are the first few hairs. Slim My old english teacher would love that run on sentance.

Whatever the case "DO NOT ASSUME IT'S JUST DITCH WEED". I and my friends toss/plant seeds all the time; either purposely or as a side effect of deseeding while smoking. There's lots of wild plants growing around here. I doubt there's any wild hemp in the area at all. If someone were to stumble across one of our plants, they'd be stumbling across genetics like AK47, White Widow, and Ice. I think it's worth taking a little pollen from something like that, to see what pops out of the resultant seed... or even taking a clone, if you stumble across a female (Iffy on that one, but still harmless, for the most part.)
you and your friends produce/purchase/smoke "seeded" AK, Ice, ect?????...
Either someone isn't growing properly to produce sensi, they don't know how to grow it, or they are hermie genetics.

I was once told by a very well respected and knowledgable breeder, that even the 'designer' strains of today will revert to hemp within a few generations, if left feral. Why?... Because in nature, the Paternal side of the gene pool will be dominated by either "early flowering males or hermies".
For decades, if not centuries, conscientious, knowledgable breeders, that have brought us the potent, drug quality strains, worked diligently to eliminate hermie tendencies/genetics.

IMO&E kill the ditch weed, if you have plant within a mile or so, it is possable for them it to seed your ladies. that cross breeding will hurt the genetics. You get seeded smoke with a unknown strain of genetics in the seeds.

Hick said:
you and your friends produce/purchase/smoke "seeded" AK, Ice, ect?????...
Either someone isn't growing properly to produce sensi, they don't know how to grow it, or they are hermie genetics.

I grow my own and would never pay for it at all. They buy... and yes, they get seeded stuff often enough. Sensimilla bud isn't easy to come across here, unless you want to pay an arm and a leg, or have a "hookup". Most of my friends eek out an honest living. They get the best reasonable deal at the time. As for the Ice, WW, and other seeds. I generally make my own seeds from any strain I purchase. I share some of them with nature and my friends. So yeah, there's some of everything I've grown (Give or take) growing somewhere around here. There's even some genetically mutated hybrids running around.

Anyhoo, I'm starting to sound like an activist of some sort, and I'm not; so viva la Kill the Ditch weed!

I still think all those plants are male hermies. I bet if you take a look you will find those plants have small colas lower down than the pollen sacs. Take a few of the small colas, dry and try. Just to satisfy your curiosity. They are no good as a crop, too seedy.

The chances that miles of roadside, smokable MJ is growing without Andy and Barney knowing it are slim to none.

Of course, I did see an entire police station in Nevada one time with pot plants growing as bushes right next to the building. The prisoners tending it probably got a lot of laughs from it.

The stuff you're looking at has to be commercial hemp. It's used for tons of stuff and has virtually no thc content. It's been bred to have none. The seed can't be sold until the DOA has seen the documentation proving it to be genetically grown hemp seeds.

Let's not let our fantasies get crazy. hehe

Now, in Nevada, I did see a mile of real MJ once. Both sides of a canyon river were planted and had ten footers about 50 feet in from the river on both sides for a mile. I walked through it until I discovered it was full of big azz rattlers too. I got out of there, back in my boat and boogied. Ever heard ten rattlers go off at once? It's not a good sound. I think the owner was catching the snakes and throwing them into the area. Way more than nature would let happen. Scared the hell outta me. I whacked a bush with a stick pretty hard and I heard rattlers start up in several directions at once. Freaky sound.

Be careful if you find yourself around that field again. For all you know, law enforcement has been keeping a watchful eye on it, and if you are seen amoung the plants, you could get charged for it. Either that or you may find yourself being shot at by a farmer trying to protect his crops from thieves. lol Sounds crazy, but I have heard of such things.

man just take it,its da ******* fault who left them there.
help urself to em make weed tea wit em or put em in oil n a sauce pan and make ya self some killer brownies..
u got any pics???

Latest posts

Back