So I have a problem...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draston

Reaction score
Here's my problem. To begin I've let my plant get root bound. It happened some time ago because I had a small gal pot. but thats beside the point. Because my plant is root bound and has gotten bigger than its pot will support I have to water more often to make up the difference. A few weekends ago I went home for 3 days and because I'm supposed to water so often it missed a lot of waterings and had direct light on it and thats why it burnt up. Well I'm a week or so from harvesting her and I need to go home this weekend. I need a way of being able to keep the soil moist until I get back so she doesn't dry out again, I doubt she could handle it.

How can I keep the soil moist? Can I get a tray and fill it full of water? Will that do the trick or do you not think it will be enough even through the weekend? Is there any kind of drip system I could rig up made with things from wal mart or something? Or do they maybe sell drip systems or something?

I don't know what to do at this point.

Repot it in a biger pot. Or you caN SIT THE POT IN A TRAY AND LET IT WICK UP INTO THE POT UNTILL ITS RALLY SOAKED and leave it sitting in about an inch of water The plant will use some of the water and some will evaporate and as long as you just going for the weekend it should be fine either sitting in a little water or going with out for half a day till you get back. or you can take a gallon jug and prick a needle size hole in the bottom side of the jug and let its drip into the pot slowly over a day or so. Good luck

the only other thing i could tell u is to soak some sponges, and place them ontop of the soil and in the tray with the inch of water that should hold enough water to last for at least 3 days in 90 + degrees.

I think I'm gonna sit her in a 5 gallon bucket I have and fill the water in it half way up the pot and make sure the soil is wet beforehand. That should do it I believe.

i'd be careful with that, water doesn't evaporate that quickly when kept in containers like that. think smaller than 5 gallon unless u got like a 3 gal pot.

longtimegrower said:
you caN SIT THE POT IN A TRAY AND LET IT WICK UP INTO THE POT UNTILL ITS RALLY SOAKED and leave it sitting in about an inch of water Good luck

:yeahthat:

ktownlegend said:
i'd be careful with that, water doesn't evaporate that quickly when kept in containers like that. think smaller than 5 gallon unless u got like a 3 gal pot.

True. I might go to wal mart tomorrow and see what trays they have that will fit my pot and then do a test run tomorrow night or something to see if it will work or not.

Latest posts

Back