Soil mix/nutes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonesBUD

Reaction score
Hey guys Im going to start my first indoor grow here in a couple days, I just have a few questions.

This is the soil mix/nutes I was thinking about:

60% pro mix
10% peet
30% perlite

For nutes I was thinking about the FF:

grow big for veg
tiger bloom/big bloom for flower

Does this sound right, im trying to keep it simple, but want killer buds also. Would I just follow the directions for the nutes from start to finish and not have to add anything else til harvest with this soil mix?

Thanks, all help is greatly appreciated.

BonesBUD said:
Hey guys Im going to start my first indoor grow here in a couple days, I just have a few questions.

This is the soil mix/nutes I was thinking about:

60% pro mix
10% peet
30% perlite

For nutes I was thinking about the FF:

grow big for veg
tiger bloom/big bloom for flower

Does this sound right, im trying to keep it simple, but want killer buds also. Would I just follow the directions for the nutes from start to finish and not have to add anything else til harvest with this soil mix?

Thanks, all help is greatly appreciated.
Sounds good and sounds like you have been doing a little reading.IMHO,you will be using the best nutes you can get and your soil will work.What kind of lights are you gonna use on this grow?How this helps,keep it GREEN:hubba:

60% pro mix
10% peet
30% perlite
Honestly, i'd just use the promix as is. Promix has a good amount of both of these already. I just bought some the other day for the 1st time and the only thing i'd add to it would be something like worm castings, something with nutritional value. Good luck though.

hey berserker!

Yeah you guessed it, been reading non stop, or so it seems. lol And still have so much more to learn!!

The grow setup for right now is going to be the "rubbermaid grow". Im going to start easy with the CFL's. Probably use around 175-250 watts. Im a broke college kid, so I'm on a small budget. lol:D

hey bombbudpuffa!

The soil mix/nutes are still in question, I may try just the soil mix, unless the nutes are going to make a dramatic change in potency/yield, then I'll probs go that route. thanks for the advice, you may have saved me some money on those expensive nutrients. lol:)

Im open to all suggestions/recommendations, lets hear em'

Use the promix alone with the fox farms nutes. Leave out the extra perlite and peat. When you buy a premix it is a perfect mix, doesn't need more of whats in it. Too much perlite isn't good, it has no nutritional value so adding more to your mix is lessening the nutes in your medium. Worm castings loosen and aireate the soil, just like perlite, but have hundreds of nutrients.

oh okay gotcha. Thanks again!

One more question:

When using the FF nutes, do you go by the directions, or use something like 1/2 or 1/4 strength listed?

I just ordered some FF nutes and haven't recieved them yet but thats my plan. You want to start with a weak solution with any ferts or nutes. Hope i've helped a lil and good luck:D!

Thanks again!

You've been of great help, and put up with all my questions. Keep us posted on the grow!!

Latest posts

Back