Soil ph question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey bro. what did you do this round, change up your medium program completely? what are you doing different, from last grow? are you still brewing your teas? remember when testing a new product to go at it low/moderate to begin with. ya gotta make it work for you bro.

you guys know i love my molasses. but i do have to clarify, i normally start it 3.5-4 weeks in flower. i will use it a couple spread out times in veg, and then minimal, like a teaspoon/gallon. then i bump it to a tablspoon/gallon in flower, and not every watering, more like every third...

hope this is'nt the 8mile?...holler. let us know what you find bro.Don.

Hey DD!! I can't think of anything that I did differently than before. I fed molasses 1 tbl per gallon twice during veg and once so far during flower in a tea. I am going to pick up some fungi today and brew up a tea; I haven't fed them in a couple weeks. No it isn't the 8 mile, they turned out to be males LOL, it is my Satori's :eek: and as you know they are precious to me.

I have some Peace of Mind steamed bone meal which contains mycorrhizae and humic acid; would this work well in a tea to increase the level of beneficials?

The shop only has Humboldt's Mycorrmax which you add to your tea. I am wondering if the steamed bone meal would give the plants enough beneficials to get a good start and save some $.

Well I ended up biting the bullet and picking up the mycorrmax and also a little bottle of superthrive.

GSS! Check into that stuff from fungi.com Droopy turned me on to them a month or so ago, and it's the same dang thing you will be buying at the hydro store, for alot less money. I have yet to have to feed my plants anything other than water....but they are sitting in nute rich soil, with added micro life.

I think alot of us fall into that pH trap...we see the hydro folks haveing problems with it, and stressing it...but I'm really just putting my faith in the guys who know this stuff...and trusting the microbial life. To be honest I have not checked my pH in 4 weeks...becuase my plants look healthy and happy. I'm beginning to wonder when I'm going to need to start adding some bloom nutes to these, because they are just looking beautiful living off of the soil.

This is all new to me...I've not tried total organics before, so it's a learning experience for me.

subcool said:
Sounds like your using way to much molasses I only start that application in at day 45 of bud and without a citric acid kicker to break it down your just wasting sugar. You cant stimulate the krebs cycle without both sugars and acids.
Sub

hey sub i am using your supersoil and have been adding just molasses. prolly a newb question but what are you using for the acid to stimulate the cycle?

legalize_freedom said:
GSS! Check into that stuff from fungi.com Droopy turned me on to them a month or so ago, and it's the same dang thing you will be buying at the hydro store, for alot less money. I have yet to have to feed my plants anything other than water....but they are sitting in nute rich soil, with added micro life.

I think alot of us fall into that pH trap...we see the hydro folks haveing problems with it, and stressing it...but I'm really just putting my faith in the guys who know this stuff...and trusting the microbial life. To be honest I have not checked my pH in 4 weeks...becuase my plants look healthy and happy. I'm beginning to wonder when I'm going to need to start adding some bloom nutes to these, because they are just looking beautiful living off of the soil.

This is all new to me...I've not tried total organics before, so it's a learning experience for me.

Hey LF thanks for the help. I will send out for that fungi next week; I have to get my butt in gear and get some veggie seeds ordered too :eek: LOL. I really do enjoy growing organically and I consider myself in my infancy at this stage in the game. I am trying to really dial everything in and have a great time in the process ;) I also enjoy growing in MG soil as well. I think it is good to be versatile and learn to grow in different conditions, ya never know when money is tight and that $30 bag of soil has to be replaced by that $9 bag. Thats how I started growing in fact. I could only afford MG soil and had great results with it. I really want to learn how to grow in DWC at some point. The plants that grow in DWC :holysheep::eek:

you would love it gss.(dwc). i can give ya a cheap lesson, when your ready to try a bucket. so cheap, it's free.:hubba: :cool: ...

I agree GSS...everytime that I feel like I've got it down...well it's time to try something new...lol...you can never learn too much my friend!

Dank Don said:
you would love it gss.(dwc). i can give ya a cheap lesson, when your ready to try a bucket. so cheap, it's free.:hubba: :cool: ...

Now that's what im talkin about ;) I think I will be ready this fall to do my first dwc bro, so I will definitely be picking your brain on this one.

legalize_freedom said:
I agree GSS...everytime that I feel like I've got it down...well it's time to try something new...lol...you can never learn too much my friend!

Absolutely LOL. You just never know what's around the next corner in life; best to be versatile.

green feen said:
hey sub i am using your supersoil and have been adding just molasses. prolly a newb question but what are you using for the acid to stimulate the cycle?

Good question!

Got my curiosity going as well.

DD

hey green, and droopy, you can pm sub bro's he wont bite. lol.

so then, i got your back come fall bro. i know you just got a new ph pen, so you'll be good there. you'll need a cheap ppm meter also. something to think about saving up for man. thier not much, i got one thats still going over two years strong, and it was only $30...

so, you got snow still? we've had a week of sun, and just starting to see grass in splotches. i found an outside, secured grow spot bro. but i'm going into this one knowing anything could happen...nothing elaborate, maybe 75-100...:D ...i knew that would get you up outta that chair. lol...(watch the liberals jump on that one. lol)...i better clarify.;) ...outta every hundred outdoors, we may end up with 15 good plants. you know the score...rabbits, deer, hunters, bird watchers, rippers, and the most powerful thief of all, mother nature:eek: ...

you had some pretty nasty storms last year too, eh? bout darn near gotta build a head tower round them. aint no tomatoe basket holding up a sativa:hubba: ...later bro...Dr Dank...lol...

Dank Don said:
hey green, and droopy, you can pm sub bro's he wont bite. lol.

so then, i got your back come fall bro. i know you just got a new ph pen, so you'll be good there. you'll need a cheap ppm meter also. something to think about saving up for man. thier not much, i got one thats still going over two years strong, and it was only $30...

so, you got snow still? we've had a week of sun, and just starting to see grass in splotches. i found an outside, secured grow spot bro. but i'm going into this one knowing anything could happen...nothing elaborate, maybe 75-100...:D ...i knew that would get you up outta that chair. lol...(watch the liberals jump on that one. lol)...i better clarify.;) ...outta every hundred outdoors, we may end up with 15 good plants. you know the score...rabbits, deer, hunters, bird watchers, rippers, and the most powerful thief of all, mother nature:eek: ...

you had some pretty nasty storms last year too, eh? bout darn near gotta build a head tower round them. aint no tomatoe basket holding up a sativa:hubba: ...later bro...Dr Dank...lol...

I picked up an ec meter not too long ago and found a ec - ppm converter online. I added the mycor yesterday and brewed a tea lastnight with more mycor...etc... and 1/4 tsp superthrive; they really responded very well.

Yeah I hear ya on the outdoor; you did make me almost swallow my chew there LMAO!!! Nothing like a wad of cherry skoal down the suck hole at 11:30 at night ;) Last year I had 48 or 49 and harvested I think 18. I actually had 57 to put out but got sick of digging holes after 48 and chucked the worst looking ones LOL. This year I am going for around 12, getting them out early, and growing them big. It will be fun :hubba:

We had a ton of rain last year come flowering time; I am surprised those Mandala's held out so well with no bud rot problems. Mike wasn't kidding, they are a stocky line of plants he has. Just before deer season, it has frosted countless times, rained, light snow...... I walked the patch one last time just in case and I found 3 more little plants the deer had topped early on. Got about an ounce from them, they were so purple and amber; real couch lock ;)

Latest posts

Back