Soil Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokinmarine2008

Reaction score
Well its not really soil. 95% spaghum peat moss. With lime, buffered to about 6.3. The stuff is called bacto. I am currently using it straight out of the bag. I just recently added 1tblsp of pulverized lime per gal of soil, with 1tblsp of FF POM Japanese maple fertilizer. My question is what should the Ph of my nute solution be? Should i be looking lower around the hhydro range, since this is a soiless medium, or do i need to feed around soil range. I am asking becuase i seem to be haveing some spotting, and minor deficiencies, which seem to be from ph lockout. Now the FF POM and Lime mix, I have only put 4 plants in. So far they seem great. My runoff is over 7 though when i first mixed it up. Although the plants in this mix show no signs yet. I am just trying to figure out what others do with their peat moss mixes, and if it is necesarry to add anything. Thanks!!

Can an Admin move this to indoor gardening or the appropriate forum please. Posted it here in the wrong forum high.

Latest posts

Back