Some leaves yellowing, but not all. Sick or no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
I am in like the 3 week of flowering and some of the bigger fan leaves of my plant are yellowed and yellowing while some of the smaller leaves have yellowed out edges that I think are expanding. The bud sites look nice and crystalized though and everything else is kinda fine. Is this normal or is it a N-deficiency I should worry about? I wasnt addding nutes either until recently because I was scared of hurting them. Initially when I first started my little girls I burned them accidentally because I didnt realize that MG moisture control soil actually came pre-nuted. So ive become paranoid when it comes to nutes.

I would of posted in sick plants section but I dont know if its actually sick or not. Im thinking its normal.

Some of the larger, older leaves yellowing and dying off is not uncommon at all during flower. The smaller ones showing yellow on the edges would concern me more. Are they yellow and getting crispy, are they curling up or down at all? Can you give us a pic?

here a pic...and I think it now IS a problem..

tmpphpxq05Hd.jpg

Looks like burn to me bro. I'm no soil pro but I'd do a good flush, get the pH back to normal and watch the new growth. What nutes did you give it and how much?

Thats the thing. I have not been giving it nutes. The leaves just started to yellow. Im thinking its yellowing because of a lack of nutes.

When MJ is flowering, it uses a LOT of nutes. Your plants are dying because of not having any nutes.

Get some good quality flowering nutes and start with half strength. You won't see any improvment in the old leaf, but the undamaged leaf should start picking back up in a matter of a few days.

You have been watering them properly, right?

Good luck man!

That makes more sense. I didnt realize it needed more nutes during flower. I guess its sucking out the nitrogen from the leaves. Shoot, I just flushed also. I guess Ill have to up the dosage of nutes. I water every 2 days.

omnigr33n said:
That makes more sense. I didnt realize it needed more nutes during flower. I guess its sucking out the nitrogen from the leaves. Shoot, I just flushed also. I guess Ill have to up the dosage of nutes. I water every 2 days.
It needs to be flowering nutes. It's not just a nitrogen issue.

Do you figure all the MG is out of the mix Stoney?

Stoney Bud said:
It needs to be flowering nutes. It's not just a nitrogen issue.

Flowering nutes....thats high in in like Potassium?

Biffdoggie said:
Do you figure all the MG is out of the mix Stoney?
Yes. The problems I see in the photo are either lack of watering, over watering or lack of nutrients.

He's already said that he waters regularly, so the nutes are almost for sure the problem since he also said he gives them none.

That's my logic anyway...

Oh ok. Well hopefully after I make certain changes the leaves will stop dying off. Im starting the 4th week of flower and I cant have none of ths.

Yeah, I havent fed my plants much either for fear I'd burn them but after seeing the same thing in my plants, I've learned to feed them as they need it, it takes time to learn, you 'll get there...good luck!

Latest posts

Back