someone hermied on me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatjohnstamos

Reaction score
so im looking at my plants today and the have Edit Language seeds its so gay. I look at them hard core everyother day and i just saw this. Im about a week or two from being 50/50 on the trichs there all pretty much cloudy right now. but what should i do i cant tell which one is a hermie at least i didnt see the pollen sacs (they must be inside one of the buds) but do seeds affect quality cause if so ill just chop now. As of now I only saw a few seeds on each plant how bad can this get in the next two weeks?

What strain is it? If you are seeing seeds, they were pollenated some time ago. I would just let them finish up and chop them. The bud will have some seeds but will still be fine product. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

yea its not gunna get much worse in 2 weeks.

secret herms r comnon- u should let it finish up. i smoke buds ive completely seeded and they get me lit. obviously a huge difference from sinsemilla but u kno wat im sayin ;)

yeah ill just ride it out this sucks though, had 20 plants to start 9 female cut down 6 so far and now i get seedy buds. oh well i learned my lesson about growing bagseed

isthatjohnstamos said:
yeah ill just ride it out this sucks though, had 20 plants to start 9 female cut down 6 so far and now i get seedy buds. oh well i learned my lesson about growing bagseed

This is why I really do not like to use bagseed. If you get some seeds from really good bud (that really should be seedless), I am of the opinion that the seeds are most likely the result of a hermie plant. And as we all know, hermies reproduce hermies.

A whole crop that gets seeded is almost as bad as a spider mite infestation, IMHO.

isthatjohnstamos said:
so im looking at my plants today and the have Edit Language seeds its so gay. I look at them hard core everyother day and i just saw this. Im about a week or two from being 50/50 on the trichs there all pretty much cloudy right now. but what should i do i cant tell which one is a hermie at least i didnt see the pollen sacs (they must be inside one of the buds) but do seeds affect quality cause if so ill just chop now. As of now I only saw a few seeds on each plant how bad can this get in the next two weeks?

Well, my mate did the same thing but he left his and he got loads and loads of seeds with only a bit of bud. I have just cut 7 males down myself a few days ago! to lose 7 plants makes me sick but it has to be done.

This is why you need to find a strain that you like, keep a mother plant, and just grow clones. They will always be female unless you do something pretty major to them to turn them hermie.

And you will lose a little in the final yield and potency due to the plant putting energy into producing seeds instead of bud. But I dont think it will make a huge difference. Im sure youll still get some really good smoke out of the hermies.

Let it go it will still get ya ripped. I had it happen to me before. Live and learn is all you can do. Enjoy the smoke.

ok ill keep everyone posted but heres a question for you. Have a 3rd generation headies plant i just harvested..... havent smoke any yet but there is a possibility i might have some seeds in the buds. so my question is if i do find any seeds will they most likely hermie or would i be okay to grow them next year cause i really like the strain

Hermie gene is in the genetics, so you may be fine u may not. and since you chopped how many down (not sure if they were Hermie also) but if not u may be wasting your time then again you may not. hoped i confused you cause i confused myself

If they are seeds from a hermie, pollinated by a hermie... they are hermie seeds. No doubt at all!!

Hick said:
If they are seeds from a hermie, pollinated by a hermie... they are hermie seeds. No doubt at all!!

:mad: looks like dr. chronic is going to be getting some business then

oh yeah i live in the U.S. and i am moving at the end of july does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to arrive cause i dont want to miss them

got mine from the doc in 9 days, and 4 of those were weekends...:)

ok what about lowryder vs white widow (grown sraight from 12/12) cause height is going to be an issue

Latest posts

Back