Someone make this easy on me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorsman101

Reaction score
Ok so I'm planning a very small grow, roughly 2.5' x 2.5' space to grow 6 or so lowryders so that i can stop supporting drug dealers with my weed habit :)

anyways, i'm planning on buying four 125W compact fluros. Two are cool for veg and two are warm for flowering.

I will only be running two bulbs, hanging vertically, without reflectors at a time.

is this sufficient lighting for 6 lowryders? or should i throw some small fluros on the sides as well?

cool!

Should be enough for little original lowryders.
Wouldnt hurt, only help, to add a couple small bulbs around it.

You could grow 6 in way less space than that.
Probably could do them in a 20x20 inch area or under easily.

For the price of 4 of those bulbs with sockets, cords and reflector (I do not recommend not having a reflector) you will be in more than if you purchase a HPS...

I could not find the lumens on these bulbs? You have a little over 5 sq ft. You are going to want about 25000 lumens.

so, one 250W HPS will be plenty for 6 plants? that's 27000 lumens. i just feel like its not enough for some reason, am i wrong?

Those 6 little plants will equal maybe 2 regular plants. They are small. Very easy for light to cover the entire thing.
Just a foot or so tall. While regular plants are 3-4 feet or more.

Even go LED if you wanted. That would save you from any heat.
Worth the investment too for autos considering the electric bill in the long run. You will be running the light around 20 hours a day, not just 12 like regular during flowering.

outdoorsman101 said:
so, one 250W HPS will be plenty for 6 plants? that's 27000 lumens. i just feel like its not enough for some reason, am i wrong?

The number of plants has nothing to do with how much light you need--light is figured by lumens per sq ft. I am quite sure that your 2 125W fluoros will not come close to matching the lumens of a 250W HPS. I am guessing the 2 125W will have somewhere around 13000-18000 lumens total.

Latest posts

Back