something important to ask again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need activities that improve self-knowledge and identity, develop talents and potential, build aspirations. The concept of personal development covers a wider field than "hXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-development"]self-development or [URL="hXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-help"]self-help; it also includes developing other people , and by extension refers to the methods, programs, tools, techniques, and "hXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assessment"]assessment systems used in personal development.

hXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Foucault"]Michel Foucault described in Care of the SelfhXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_development#cite_note-3"][4] the techniques of “epimelia” used in ancient Greece and Rome which included diet, exercise, sexual abstinence, contemplation, prayer and confession—some of which became the key practices of Christianity. Traditional Chinese techniques include breathing and energy exercises (Qi), meditation, martial arts (Wu Shu and Tai Qi Quan) as well as practices linked to traditional Chinese medicine such as diet, massage and acupuncture. In India, Yoga techniques make up a number of personal development disciplines including meditation (Prajna Yoga) stretching and postures (Hatha Yoga), breathing (Prana Yoga) sexual mastery (Tantra yoga) and others. In the Islamic tradition, techniques are classified into dhikr (mindfulness of the presence of God) which includes prayer, recitation of the Quran, and contemplation, and muraqaba (care of the spiritual heart) which includes music, dancing, singing and the unique technique of whirling done by Sufi dervishes.
Two ancient philosophers stand out as sources of what has become personal development today, constituting a Western tradition and an Eastern tradition.

That should get you started. Please report back to us in 2 years.

I say get thee to a nunnery or start a commune, or a think tank with like minded people. For me, I plan on staying high from 4:20 on today. Jimi got it right in my sig. What more do you need? More weed, less greed!

:yeahthat::headbang2::headbang2::headbang2::yeahthat: this guy has no idea, what are you priest of the guinea pigs.
dude its 4/20 all day:headbang2::headbang2::headbang2:

priestofknowledge said:
I see everyone for what they are. I can look at anyone's story and completely understand why they are the way they are. That is why I try to change them.

If the "anyone" is o.k. with why they are the way they are why would you want to change them? I decide if change is needed. I.

priestofknowledge said:
I want to have proof of another being higher than me. I want to meet someone who I can feel envy for.

Again, why? "I yam whad I yamsk, and that's allsk I yamsk." - Popeye The Sailor

Self validation is the only validation. I envy no one but my son and that is because he has a whole world of expereinces in front of him that he will be able to form his own position on.

preistofknowledge said:
No one wants to realize that they can never be comfortable again

Last time I checked, life was not supposed to be comfortable. You decide to start living, or you decide to start dying, and none of it is supposed to be easy.

priestofknowledge said:
My conundrum above is the engagement. I want to find others who support the philosophy and might want to interact to accomplish shared goals.

There is no conundrum. How can you ascertain my position from such a brief interaction. Certainly I did not offend your pride. If one doesn't see things from your perspective, it is therefore wrong or not worthy of your indulgence? I speak not from anger, but rather from puzzlement. You are a veritable font of contradiction. I admit that I am not your equal. I seek enlightenment. Define your philosophy. I again ask you- engage me.

I kinda want to keep the thread chill, because people were kinda telling me I'm retarded and should jump off a bridge when it's hot. lol

BBFan said:
There is no conundrum. How can you ascertain my position from such a brief interaction. Certainly I did not offend your pride. If one doesn't see things from your perspective, it is therefore wrong or not worthy of your indulgence? I speak not from anger, but rather from puzzlement. You are a veritable font of contradiction. I admit that I am not your equal. I seek enlightenment. Define your philosophy. I again ask you- engage me.

I don't have any right to tell another how to live. That is why I only ask to find those who support my ways... as in respect them... and learn what the hell to do next.

I personally follow guidelines based around finding a purpose, and being a progressive human until I find the purpose. Some people can write and others can create art, but all I can do is understand things. So I try to impart the knowledge of my understanding to those who are meant for more defined or abstract living, and I hope to change those that I can prove to be a deficit on the human race... or at least themselves.

But yeah... kinda seems contradictory. I don't tell people what to do, just information that hopefully will make them change themselves.

A sense of reality is what I would name my contribution to society. I would like to hear yours.

In real life, not this cartoon world I sell words--this has me scratching my head and my arse at the same time. Where's HIE when we need a steady, guiding hand? I mean, I love psuedo-intellectualism good as the next guy, practice it daily, but come theedit on. We gone over to little more than gibberish here.

I guess my point is, I wish they allowed profanity on this site so I could fully express myself. GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS: What the $@#@*&@@#&@#$%^&*$^ are you wasting precious bytes here for?

Sounds like your surfin' the 'net, looking for weak minded, not like minded, folks to manipulate with impressive speach and a dash of intelligance and the best part....wonder and amazement.

Thats how Jim Jones started. Look how that ended.

I agree with NCH. And I think you are searching for the weak minded people not the like minded. People like you, looking to prey on the weak and innocent. Trying to CHANGE people from who they are to whom you believe they should be? Not me you won't, I think for myself, I believe in what I want to believe in, not what you or anybody else thinks I should believe in. I think I kinda know what your trying to say here. That you think there has to be more to the world than just living. You say you have lost your *drive*. Well it happens to all of us from time to time, and it's called life. So deal with it. And move on...take care..

so... yeah. King bud and fadeux aren't around much. I guess I'll pm them.

You guys are a trip though... preying on the internet. Yes, I only look to manipulate the smartest people instead of relating to the more numerous and easily fooled.

Back in the 70's I used to write stuff like this all the time - usually aided by blotter or microdot. Since I became an adult and stopped praising myself for my superior intellect and understanding, i got a real job, raised a family, and enjoy growing my own weekend relaxation. Priest, there is much to be said for humility - think about that.

priestofknowledge said:
My conundrum above is the engagement. I want to find others who support the philosophy and might want to interact to accomplish shared goals.

At first glance, i found your post rather perplexing. Philosophy and Relativity have opened my eyes to another world within our own existence.

I feel the same as you, selfless and gifted intellectually, going to ends to help those around me with little or no return.

But, i carry my head high, knowing that knowledge is true power and the only power to be had, usually in the form of wisdom some may say.

I dont think your crazy, i seldom find someone i can carry a "good" conversation with, as i myself am a little out there. Philosophy is about finding the truth.

The fork in the road, well, its the story of my life friend.

scatking said:
Back in the 70's I used to write stuff like this all the time - usually aided by blotter or microdot. Since I became an adult and stopped praising myself for my superior intellect and understanding, i got a real job, raised a family, and enjoy growing my own weekend relaxation. Priest, there is much to be said for humility - think about that.

humility, funny you say that, this is one of first characteristics i look for in someone as i feel it is worth its weight in gold.

The true value in a friendship is the honesty and learning that comes from it.

I think we all could be a little more humble, but pride, well, its a female dog.:D

BBFan said:

This insinuation made me laugh, sorry.

It's gotta be a ***** to have a double helping of brains and only one body--I'd be frustrated too. But instead of posting threads on totally unrelated sites and wearing out my Thesaurus, I'd probably try to get a buch of guys to detach their testicles, wear black Nikes and enjoy some cyanide pudding while we wait on Halley's comet. JMHO.

PencilHead said:
It's gotta be a ***** to have a double helping of brains and only one body--I'd be frustrated too. But instead of posting threads on totally unrelated sites and wearing out my Thesaurus, I'd probably try to get a buch of guys to detach their testicles, wear black Nikes and enjoy some cyanide pudding while we wait on Halley's comet. JMHO.
so true yet i am glad she's not my wife carrying on like that and posing as a priest ! OFF with the nanners !

You're clearly suffering an "existential dilema". On the one hand, you extol your own virtues while claiming to seek like-minded others...and not finding any. This could well be BECAUSE of the oozing self-assumed superiority, my friend, combined with equal measure of evident self loathing.

In short, you seem to be one helluva self-involved intellectual who's gift isnt paying off in that most common of all denominators, that illusive thing called "happiness".

DO you care about others? I hear you SAY you do...yet your post is all about "I,Me" as intelligent, gifted and oh-so-sensitive, perceptive and RIGHT... while "they" are clods without perception of your excellence, supiority and RIGHTMESS. Why, those silly fools believe in LOVE...too stupid to realise it's just a "squirt of dopamine.". Try to see the irony, there. You have contempt for their very happiness, which IS their ability to feel Love.

Most of those stupid silly fools can hold a flower in their hands and know the Wonder of a Presence greater than they. But you, alas, cannot. When you hold a flower, you only see an adapted evolutionary arrangement of celulose,chloraphyl and plant cells.

Happiness IS "comfort" and you disdain comfort. So...? Do you want to be happy and comfortable or intellectually "superior", "right" and alone? How has that worked out for you so far?

Consider this: Comfort is more than a desire to not change. Comfort is being content with the present moment, being IN the present moment, not judging it for content.

I think you may be clinically depressed. The loss of drive, the inability to connect with others, the overall pain you seem to be experiencing indicate depression. I recognize it because I know it all too well, myself. Fortunately for me, mine is cyclic rather than chronic, giving me periods of time in which the glass is half FULL.

I can tell you this: Nobody does anything without a pay-off, including experiencing depression. The pay-off is, depression gives one the opportunity to lavish one's self with absorption IN one's self at the exclusion of everything else, sort of like a baby contentedly sucking it's thumb. Baby and thumb are all that matter. The universe is reduced to self-sucking-self...which simplifies matters, considerably. But is the pay-off worth the cost? In fact is not the pay-off the cost? (I have nothing to think about but ME" is the pay-off. "I have NOTHING to think about but me" is the cost.

Consider therapy and an anti-depressant. Getting our heads out of our asses improves the view. Better yet, find a girl, get laid, fall in love.

LassChance

You're clearly suffering an "existential dilema". On the one hand, you extol your own virtues while claiming to seek like-minded others...and not finding any. This could well be BECAUSE of the oozing self-assumed superiority, my friend, combined with equal measure of evident self loathing.
In short, you seem to be one helluva self-involved intellectual who's gift isnt paying off in that most common of all denominators, that illusive thing called "happiness".
DO you care about others? I hear you SAY you do...yet your post is all about "I,Me" as intelligent, gifted and oh-so-sensitive, perceptive and RIGHT... while "they" are clods without perception of your excellence, supiority and RIGHTMESS. Why, those silly fools believe in LOVE...too stupid to realise it's just a "squirt of dopamine.". Try to see the irony, there. You have contempt for their very happiness, which IS their ability to feel Love. Most of those stupid silly fools can hold a flower in their hands and know the Wonder of a Presence greater than they. But you, alas, cannot. When you hold a flower, you only see an adapted evolutionary arrangement of celulose,chloraphyl and plant cells.

Happiness IS "comfort" and you disdain comfort. So...? Do you want to be happy and comfortable or intellectually "superior", "right" and alone? How has that worked out for you so far?

Consider this: Comfort is more than a desire to not change. Comfort is being content with the present moment, being IN the present moment, not judging it for content.

I think you may be clinically depressed. The loss of drive, the inability to connect with others, the overall pain you seem to be experiencing indicate depression. I recognise it because I know it all too well, myself. Fortunatly for me, mine is cyclic rather than chronic, giving me periods of time in which the glass is half FULL.

I can tell you this: Nobody does anything without a pay-off, including experiencing depression. The pay-off is, depression gives one the opportunity to lavish one's self with absorption IN one's self at the exclusion of everything else, sort of like a baby contentedly sucking it's thumb. Baby and thumb are all that matter. The universe is reduced to self-sucking-self...which simplifies matters, considerably. But is the pay-off worth the cost? In fact is not the pay-off the cost? (I have nothing to think about but ME" is the pay-off. "I have NOTHING to think about but me" is the cost.

Consider therapy and an anti-depressant. Getting our heads out of our asses improves the view.

LassChance

Latest posts

Back