soo i want massive roots any suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1kushseed

:confused: i am in search of methods to get bigger roots i have done ok will my harvest's in the past but i heard i could produce a much stronger plant to yeild more and it will be able to hold itself up... thanks!! :cool: oh and im using all H2O for further comments thanks

Maybe a much bigger pot?? Bigger pot, longer veg time will gve you more root development I wld think...

:yeahthat: its like when u transplant to a bigger pot.. normally (atleast in my experience) i see a substantial spurt in growth in the first 2 weeks.. but ya.. long veg and mayb some LST and thro it in a big pot..i would have to say that seems like the best way to get a strong root development

when you start growing, start in very small pots and let the roots create a solid ball before you transplant into a bigger size. I usually have mine in peat moss for a few week while germing, then I place that into a 4-6inch pot for another 2-4 weeks to create an even bigger root ball. After that I usually double the size pot for one, maybe two more transplants depending on whether or not I want a huge plant.

Actually watch the grow video on the home page, they have a segment on transplanting your plant but it's also a really good informative film to just watch.

This is what I use, a little bit goes a long way. Just 3/4 of a teaspoon per gallon for soil/hydro apps.

GreenFuse® Root Stimulator is a highly concentrated, 100% organic plant growth nutrient supplement blended from pure plant oils and extracts.
While not a fertilizer, GreenFuse® Root Stimulator is a plant biostimulator that serves as an organic catalyst. This synergy invigorates the natural root development in plants which in turn can facilitate healthier plants, larger yields and superior quality fruit and flower.
Suitable for use in soil gardens, containers, as well as hydroponic gardens, GreenFuse® Root Stimulator works best when used in conjunction with other organic products.
GreenFuse® Root Stimulator is available in a variety of convenient consumer and farm friendly sizes.

I've been on the same quest....

More root structure = bigger "engine" = more uptake = bigger yield

Couple things I've found....

B complex vitamins seem to be a trigger for root growth. If the tap root stops "seeking" it seems to trigger the smaller root structures to fill in the area it has claimed. Once the tap starts to curl its difficult to get it to fill a larger pot when transplanted without pruning the rootball. Keeping a fan on them seems to encourage not only stem strength but root mass to hold the plant up. Mycorrhizae and a loose soil promoting good root zone conditions helps a lot too. Also don't forget the trace elements and P & K of your N-P-K balance during critical root growth. You don't need the levels as high as early flower but they feed cellular growth. I also keep them under a 24/7 light schedule in early veg. This seems to retard stretch but encourages "fill".

Having messed with some of what I'm pretty sure are genetic triggers I came up with this....

DSC00001-1.jpg

She's a lot bigger now and has a good root fill inside her 1 gallon, ready for a 3.5 or 5. I start most of em out in beer cups for hardening but It gets tricky when to transplant without binding so I start everything out in 1 gallons now.

ive never seen the roots i got with my new airpump. get some bubbles in the water with good airstones, the bubling creates an atmosphere for the roots to grow huge, also try foilar feeding, however strange it might sound, foilar feeding actually encourages root growth

Sea-shell and sea-weed compost with added Myco created bigger root systems under organic methods than any other in my experiences.

W/ my normal Earth Juice applications I find Hygozyme does the trick.

"Great White" is hella good, i just used it this last week when i transplanted my 4 black jack ladies into their new permanent 5 gal pots. Havent paid enough attention to tell if its really made a difference or not, but from what ive heard its the best..."Killer Roots for Killer Plants" - quote off the bottle.
:confused2: :48:

Latest posts

Back