Space Invaders!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blancolighter

Reaction score
So yesturday when I opened my flowering box, this guy was there to greet me, sitting on my light hood. What the hell is this guy? Are my girls in danger? My girls all look fine, so I didn't post this in the troubleshooting thread, but dang this guy is scary lookin.

DSC_1156.JPG

I know right! Thing is, it was the size of a tick, and well, lets just say this isn't scorpion country. Maybe I shoulda kept him in there, those pinches like like spider mite maulers!

It doesn't look like any of the pests described in my books, and it looks like nothing described before here on this site. I don't think he or his kind is a pest.

you might have discovered a new insect species lol

eeek that is a scarey lookin little blighter! I have no idea...and i'm usually good with bugs! Please do let us know if you find out though :)

think i found it:
hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscorpion
pretty wild looking creature (amazing the critters we have on this planet eh?) from the description, they sound like they could be beneficial.

that things effin nuts! be cool if grew larger to keep as a pet. thanks kaotic.

Thanks alot kaotic, this was an interesting read. I'm def letting those critters chill all they want in my grow room, I just wish I hadn't thrown the one i photographed out!

Thanks everyone for thryin to figure this one out! maybe if I see more I'll ship em out to ya, guard dog for your plants!

its an ARACHNID???? Its a bloomin spider! I love spiders but that is something else hehe!

Hey blanco, maybe it was doing an elaborate mating dance for you :giggle:

OMG! I have never seen a bug like that!

reminds me of a sci fi movie but they where much bigger!:eek:

Thorn said:
Hey blanco, maybe it was doing an elaborate mating dance for you :giggle:

It wasn't love at first sight, but I've come to love its personality...

I think that bug does eat spider mites, watch em see how your plants is with that "maybe your new pet"

I have spiders as my "pets"

We'll I'm still mite free and I've seen another guy running around my plants. I let this one stay!

Latest posts

Back