spider mites, 2 weeks flower.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoolboy420

greenybeanymeanies
Reaction score
will neem oil take care of it without harming the buds? says use up to harvest, but then again im not eating it im smoking it. or would i be better off pulling it and getting what i can before the mites get baaaad.

I battled those danm spider mites before as well but I did my battle at 5 to six weeks flower and I used neem with no side effects to the buds I just spayed with water after the mite were gone. Don't be afraid to put them in the shower after the mites are gone thats what I did anyways. hope that helps alittle. Phatparmer:hubba:

PS Neem oil sticks to everything so take precaution plus it stinks to high heaven! If you look up my post you'll be able to read about my battle

i would hit thanks on your name but it wont let me. thanks man. im gonna get some then. and some nutes, went to lowes 2 nights ago to price scope for tomorrow, when i get money.

Neem oil is pricey but it does work I think I paid 20$ canadian at Wally world for mine a 500ml bottle I think but you won't need any more than that unless your doing a forrest!

Phatpharmer:hubba:

As far as using the neem oil, some patients have complained of head ach and allergic reactions. Small yet noticable to some patients.
This idea is for a small grow room.
If you have access to the back of a restrauant or the local cocacola guy!!!!!!
Get that co2, seal your room, turn off all your timers on the lghts. Then Gas their *ss. The hard part is finding a way to regulate co2 without using the whole tank at once. Try to fashion a short rubbor hose onto a nipple that fits the tank outlet (not sure on size). It is now easier to fit the hose through a small hole. Let room st for thirty/fourty minutes, exhaust all remaining co2 before entering the room(air on side of caution and use plenty of ventilation).

alright, i only have one, the other 2 were male. and at lowes it seems things are cheaper than walmarts stuff. neem oil was not even 15 dollars u.s. for what would probably be perfect for my grow or even more than enough. idk though. and for cfls at walmart the equivelence to 150w bulbs are 10 and at lowes its 8.95 for a 3 pack of those.

and as for the co2. getting that done would cost a lot more than what i have to work with lol.

flushing it 2 weeks before harvest should take care of the taste of it right. or will i have to flush a few times?

greenrip said:
As far as using the neem oil, some patients have complained of head ach and allergic reactions. Small yet noticable to some patients.
This idea is for a small grow room.
If you have access to the back of a restrauant or the local cocacola guy!!!!!!
Get that co2, seal your room, turn off all your timers on the lghts. Then Gas their *ss. The hard part is finding a way to regulate co2 without using the whole tank at once. Try to fashion a short rubbor hose onto a nipple that fits the tank outlet (not sure on size). It is now easier to fit the hose through a small hole. Let room st for thirty/fourty minutes, exhaust all remaining co2 before entering the room(air on side of caution and use plenty of ventilation).

CO2 will kill mites?

I gave my girls a shower in the shower once a week until harvest, after I got rid of the mites to be sure to take the neem oil off the plants. It took about 2 weeks to get rid of mites totally so I only had 3 weeks until havest so for me it was three good showers, for you it depends on how long your battle with mites is and your flowering time. I hope this makes sense I'm really stoned rigt now! Phatpharmer:hubba:

my guess is ill have 4-6 more weeks in flower, but then again this is my first grow. well the mites deffinately arent horrible. because i look and look and look and dont see any but the signs are there. webs on the plant, no eggs so far that i notice (thank god) but im sure there will be a decent fight. and do you mean litterally give them a shower???? lol or spray the **** out of the leaves? my showers too powerful to just give them a shower. it would do serious damage to mine. plus the main stem isnt strong enough for that. not enough good circulation, doing the best i can do for it though. the mites probably also came from my dog. i have the one little white bugs around the start of the grow the name of them started with an A like archids or something like that, i think i got rid of those, didnt see them for a while.

and for the neem oil am i gonna have to spray it on the leaves or put it in the soil or both or how? and is there anything more organic that will take care of the problem in a safer way, seeing as im somewhere around 3 weeks in flowering. i wish i remembered the day i set it to 12/12. i cant and i smoke too much bud to be able to remember much after a day lol. i remember what i guess at the time is subconsciously important to me at the time.

You don't have to worry about the neem oil in the soil because it is autcually not bad for roots so give the top of the soil a spray its an all organic oil and the bottle I bought says to spray soil so spray away I would say. And as for the shower yes I literally give them a shower I have a speed control on my shower head so its not too strong but strong enough, but I'm sure if you spray the edit out of them it will be the same, I just found that the shower was nice and easy to claen up after!

will i mix it in some water or just spray it on and put some in soil? thanks btw, your helping me a lot right now.

One kind of treatment is not going to work. You have to have several different kinds--neem oil one or 2 treatments, then iso and water, safer soap, or pyrethrin the next. Don't use one treatment more than twice in a row. Be careful of spraying off flowering plants in the shower. This can cause bud rot and mold.

The mites I battled must of been wimps because I only used neem oil for 3 or 4 treatments and was rid of them! I didn't have to use anything else other than I mixed a little safers soap with the neem other than that nothing so before you go spending money on all types of mites killer start with neem and see where that gets ya! I hate to see money wasted! I grow C99 never had bud mold yet!:hubba:

what effect do smider mites have on your harvest when you get them around this stage.

Spider mites are little parasiitic insects that feed on the undersides of the leaves. They suck the life out of your plant basically. It doesn't matter when you get them, they will slow and kill your plant over time if left unchecked. I had a plant left and it was completely webbed up in under a week. I mean coccooned.
I also used tobacco to kill mine off. But I never got them all, and they always came back. I would have to agree with Goddess, multiple attacks with multiple products covers all the bases and hits them so that they can not come back. Also is the issue of your grow area. If it is contaminated and you do not clean it up whilst handling the issue with your plants, you are likely to doom yourself for a repeat.
Good luck either way, but I would suggest as soon as you harvest, break that room, closet, whatever down and bleach spray and clean it from top to bottom. Seal the door and such up to keep these things out.

ill get neem oil and safers then, they dont seem like i have em bad so hopefully those will work, ill probably make a thread or post more when i get it because im sure ill have more questions. also, spray where the buds are too or no?

Latest posts

Back