spider mites HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev2779

Reaction score
just found them on one ov my plants but there nearly 4 weeks into flower so i cant spray help please:eek:

popular subject

try FoxFarms Dont Bug Me,
as a matter of fact, i got to go get some more.....

Fumigate the mongrel things.

Get a gas mask or hold you breath for a few seconds whilst attending to the creation of the gas.

Take a 1/2 teaspoon or so of condes crystals and approx 45-60ml of fomalin or formaldehyde. It forms a gas that will neatralise the little buggers permanently.

If this gas concerns you never eat commercially grown poultry or eggs.

so is it ok to fumagate without harming the buds then?
also how do you use dont bug me if not in a spray thanks for the tips

kev2779 If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find related links to your subject that may help you

just put pest strips up after doing abit of reading up on them cudnt find any hot shot ones but sounds like the same thing fingers crossed :watchplant:

The fumigation won't harm the buds, same can't be said for the bugs.

yeah thanks but after one day with the pest strips i cant see any sign of the little bastards so im gunna stick with it and keep watch

Pest strips are toxic. Its a bad idea to use them during flower. Use half alcohol and half water in a spray bottle. I have battled spider mites for over a year now and that was the ONLY thing that worked. I have tried every method known to mankind and that was the only thing that worked and it worked fast. I got the info from a published study done at a University and they said the half and half method killed 100% of the bugs and eggs. Ive had at least ten grows ruined due to spider mites so I know the struggle.

maineharvest said:
Pest strips are toxic. Its a bad idea to use them during flower. Use half alcohol and half water in a spray bottle. I have battled spider mites for over a year now and that was the ONLY thing that worked. I have tried every method known to mankind and that was the only thing that worked and it worked fast. I got the info from a published study done at a University and they said the half and half method killed 100% of the bugs and eggs. Ive had at least ten grows ruined due to spider mites so I know the struggle.
yes sir... I read the same study maine'..http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184851&postcount=5
highly recommend the iso/water. but "Wilt Pruf" does pretty job good too. Especially on the adults, and its organic ! :D but it might 'flavor' th buds too. I've never used it in flower..:confused2:
WILT-PRUF® is an organic polymer consisting entirely of carbon and hydrogen. It is relatively nontoxic to mammals, with an LD50 IN EXCESS OF 20,000. beta-pinene meets specifications of the Food and Drug Administration for use in cosmetics and chewing gum and edible crops.....
........WILT-PRUF® is a natural product derived from the resin of the pine tree which we call a polyterpene polymer or more specifically a beta-pinene polymer which is a film forming short chain polymer component. When our product is sprayed on plant surfaces, the water evaporates leaving a soft, flexible film which degrades one molecular layer at a time when exposed to air and light. The film immediately starts a polymerization into a longer chain, higher weight molecule. However, the entire thickness of the film does not polymerize at the same rate. Only the surface molecular layer is going through rapid polymerization. The molecular layer of the film that is attached and sticking to the leaf is staying a low weight, soft, sticky substance. The film slowly weathers away through this polymerization mode where the top layer fully polymerizes becoming a solid material. It powders away in microscopic flakes which are either washed or blown away, as the rest of the layers go through the same process until the entire film is weathered away. This normally takes about two months under hot, summer conditions and four to six months under cold weather conditions
htXXp://www.wiltpruf.com/Home/Properties/tabid/394/Default.aspx

sounds like good advice so im gunna take the pest strip out and try the water and alcohol but i am worried about burning and mould any advice on how to spray and avoid these would be helpfull

..."air circulation".. a fan should dry them sufficiently,...AND it impedes mite movement/reproduction.. IMO

i have 2 fans on one osilating 24/7 and 1 blowing over the tops ov plants so i can have the light closer if i spray when the lights are off will this be enougth time to dry before they come back on?

Yes they will have 12 hrs to dry/evaporate and this will not be a problem for you ! Peace and all the best !

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. ...

Ha Ha Crazydog...good "Aliens" quote. I use That Stuff Spidermite Destroyer even in bloom and it does the job. natural and safe.

how strong dose the alcohol have to be? vodka or sumthing stronger 40%

Latest posts

Back