spider mites/how often to organiside.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleSativa

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I'm wondering when you guys put Eiststien oil or organiside on your plants. Once they are budding is it a bad idea to organiside your plants? Should i put antispidermite product on them revey 7 days? I dont see the sense in using a bug repelent after mid budding. I need advice on how you guys/gals use a bug repelent? I have a big problem with spider mites :hitchair: and it driving me crazy. Should i start a regement of every 7 days to put repelent on them? What do you all suggest i do to make sure these little buggers dont ruin my crop. I do great until budding then the spidermites appear. I usually use organiside and Einstein oil together then i foliar feed then for a couple of weeks. Foliar feed to get all the oils off. please advise. :(
Yer Unlcele Sativa.

before putting anyting on ur plants that has a wieght content, I would suggest to tie ur branches to ur main stock.. Other wise if u don't u could get brake ur branches or ur main stock with that extra wieght..
I thought my branches and stock was strong with all that fan going! But with the wieght of the water scared the crap right out of me and almost lost my plant but I was using the shower hose with low volume water coming out to wash them darn bugs off.. it worked and the girls LOVED it but keeping up with the water can be messy at time and do that when light come on to dry the water off..
Becarefull of the lights with any water....

Hit em once, wait two days, hit em again, repeat.

Just use this method (two day) multiple times to get the eggs.

The eggs are what you need to be most concerned about.

Be sure to lift the leaves as you spray and soak the bottom, than give em a good shake to remove the excess liquid, then wash the crap out of your hands.

After the third or fourth application you should be able to get them all.

Good luck with the spider mites.

P.S. don't forget to spray the soil and the outside of the pots as well and clean your tools, if any.

Goodd advice effen, but I would recommend an extended treatment. Every 3 days for two weeks or so. Then at first oppurtunity, disinfect the entire room, fixtures, fans, floors, walls, EVERYTHING, with a dilluted bleach solution. Those li'l buggers can be pretty resistant.

Hick said it ,it takes a little less than 2 weeks for the eggs to hatch and the larva to mature.Then it's a few days before the adults can reproduce.

MITES
MITES
and More MITE threads.. ALL helpfull/beneficail reads.. :)
A female lays about 100 eggs during her lifetime. Depending upon climate conditions, the eggs hatch in as little as 2-3 days, and the adult stage is reached in 7-10 days. The females reproduction is greatly affected by climate and humidity with a significant difference in the days till their maturity dependant upon the temperature i.e.) egg to adult. For instance at 60 degrees Fahrenheit, it takes 30 days for the egg to become an adult, at 70 degrees 14.5 days and here is the astounding number - 90 degrees Fahrenheit they reach adulthood in just 3.5 days! So now imagine those populations increases over a month when the offspring start to reproduce less than a week after hatching - at 70 degrees she and her offspring number 13,000; at 80 degrees she and her offspring represent a staggering potential of 13,000,000 individuals over a single month - huge population increases!

Mites evaporate large quantities of water from their bodies, so they must **** juices from the plants. This is easier for them to do in a dry environment. Humid environments (above 60% RH) slow down their metabolism, life span and reproductive rate. Mites may be controlled somewhat by lowering the temperatures (at about 50 degrees Fahrenheit they start to hibernate), thus slowing down their life process considerable. Even if you only decrease the temperature during the indoor dark cycle (when it is easier to lower temperatures), the progression rate of the infestation is slowed considerable

Latest posts

Back