Spider mites?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NexDeus

Reaction score
Ugh...we've had a downhill battle with these little ****'s... Im wondering if anyone knows how long they can survive in an empty room (no plants). Ive had my main room empty and in the dark for like 4 days now. My brother is saying we should drop a fogger in the empty room but it occurs to me they should have at least mostly died out by now. Foggers are dangerous for me because my sleeping area is literally one wall away from the grow rooom (I sleep in the basement) and I dont want to harm myself of my fiancee or damage any of my delicate studio equipment. So, long short of it is, is it safe to get that room back and operational without fogging? Oh, we had power mildew also, curious on that as well how long till it dies without a plant to grow on. Thanks guys! =D

you need to treat the room somehow, i had them and left the room empty for 6 months, then i threw 2 clones in there under a floro, within a week they were covered in mites. they go dormant sort of like a hibernation, then when conditions are right, they wake up and multiply like mad.

JMO, but treat your room or in a few weeks it will start all over again.

treat the room now and continue a treatment even dureing the grow..Mites are a PITA..and need to be battled..not delt with...JMO

take care and be safe

Well I got the dr. doom foggers. Hopefully they will help. Thanks all :)

Well just an update, I set a fogger off in one of my rooms and It doesnt seem to have done anything. Im losing this fight. Ive used Dr.Doom spray and azamax in attempts to control/kill them off but its not working it seems. Do they make a product that you can feed to the plants when watering to help this? Or what other products come recommended? Also, how would ladybugs fare in a moderate-severe infestation? They actually started to turn the tops of my buds brown...gotta do something before its too late. Thanks!

FORBID or FLORAMITE. Search ebay for them. The only thing I know that is 100% effective.

Are you in flower? You really can't use these in flower. A 30 day residual and at a dose of a few DROPS/gallon, a bit on the toxic side.

Wet

Yeah, I have 5 plants about 3 wks from harvest. But at this rate I fear there wont be much left to pick. Darn things...

i picked up sum "Mite X" treats many mites thrips and aphids. any1 heard of or used this product b4??

Heres is a site that for $50 you can get all 3 of the top fighters hXXp://www.avidgardenpro.com/garden-products/abamectin-e-pro-0-15/

NexDeus said:
Well just an update, I set a fogger off in one of my rooms and It doesnt seem to have done anything. Im losing this fight. Ive used Dr.Doom spray and azamax in attempts to control/kill them off but its not working it seems. Do they make a product that you can feed to the plants when watering to help this? Or what other products come recommended? Also, how would ladybugs fare in a moderate-severe infestation? They actually started to turn the tops of my buds brown...gotta do something before its too late. Thanks!

This late into flowering, about your only option is cold water showers....and only then if you do not have high humidity in your area. The only products that I have found to be effective are Forbid and Floramite (haven't tried Avid, but it is good too), but you cannot use them this late into flowering. Anything systemic would only be worse. Ladybugs are quite ineffective. Mites are not their preferred food and they seem to die fairly easily.

I have had mites really bad several times, but never had them turn the tops of the buds brown--I believe that that is being caused by something else.

Well thats unsettling...What else can cause the tips to turn brown and crispy? I know its really hot in that room but I really thought it was the mites. The buds arent touching the lamps but they are kinda close...could that be it?

Yes the heat from the lights can burn the growth tips or too much nutes(nute burn) can cause the tips and edges of leaves to brown and crispy.

Avid once and they've been gone since, flora mite and follow up with sns217

Your welcome, and mites are actually pretty easy to get rid of. I do whole plant dunks in early veg just to ensure they dont show up. Sns217 is organic and actually kils eggs.

Mites are nothing, just keep reading

Cooler temps at night, higher humidity, ice water showers from a spray bottle all keep them away

bong ripper said:
My friend had problems with spider mites. He went to cbmercantile.com, and ordered a spray for it, and hasn't had a problem since.

Yeah i know we heard you, you said it in 10 threads about spider mites, more Canned Ham:eek:

ozzydiodude said:
Heres is a site that for $50 you can get all 3 of the top fighters hXXp://www.avidgardenpro.com/garden-products/abamectin-e-pro-0-15/
:yeahthat:

Haven't bought the combo, but have done bizness with this guy. 100%++

Wet

Latest posts

Back