Splitting Flowering room in half to lower electrical load....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer

Reaction score
So I am in the process of moving and have decided to upgrade my equipment. I am planning on turning over all my used equipment to a friend that wants to expand, but I have one question. He is currently running his grow on a 15 amp circuit and adding my equipment would double his power pull, causing a power draw well over 15 amps. He does not want to have an electrician out and he does not want power cords running all around his house in order to run the lights on different circuits.
So I mentioned that he could divide his flowering area in half, and run half his HPS lights from 8:01am to 8:00pm, and the other half from 8:01pm to 8:00am. Since this would never create more than a 12 amp load on his 15 amp circuit, he should be safe....right? I am not positive and don't want him to burn down his house. The circuit would not need down time and as long as the lights are not all on at the same time he should be fine right?
He would be going way bigger than he needs, and I know how we all feel about commercial growers, but he would give me more than market value for the equipment and I would be able to do some good upgrading.

Hey there nyc, my grow room is set up just as you said. 2 flower rooms 8 am to 7:59 then the other room 8 pm to 7:59 am. My circuit is also 15 amps. make sure what that circuit operates though. It could be tied to the bathroom or kitchen or whatever, then that could be a problem. Also make sure that the circuit breaker works properly, and always have a couple of dry chemical fire extinguishers located at a place close to your room. That goes pretty much for all of us. You could check out my grow room under grow room setup. I have one flower tent with about 1100 total wattage and my other grow room at about 900 total wattage. I'm nowhere near commercial just my own personal preference to grow my own. Hope this helps a little. Let me know how it works out

This would be okay unless he had a timer failure and one of the lights did not go off at its designated time. IMO, it is probably not a good idea. I would be for running a new circuit.

Latest posts

Back