start in small rockwool cubes and transplant to soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowUsome

Reaction score
is it ok to start in small rockwool cubes and then transplant to soil when seedlings have roots? i have better outcome when i start in rockwool but i want to do a soil grow. does anyone think that this will be a problem?

what about 4" blocks to soil? same deal or do ya think there might be an issue?

it's all good.. I've done it before, I'll do it again.

How long should i wait before transplanting to soil? My 1.5" cubes are sitiing in red solo cups with coco around them.. I want to transplant them to fox farm soil in 3 gal pots... How long should i wait? ive heard when u have three or more nodes. Any input? Thanks all

FFOF will most def burn seedlings. Transition with something light, like, Blackgold (or Happyfrog) then a stratified mixing between BG (or HF) and FFOF, gradually making it more FFOF, then at the bottom of the pot use pure FFOF amended w/ some perlite. I've done this with my last girls and they fared way better then the SnowWhites did b4 them:rolleyes:.

p.s. Always add perlite no matter what layer of soil it is. More oxy = happier girls. :)

:peace:,

7ge:D

Lemon Jack said:
How old are the little ones. Ffof can be quite hot and burn young seedlings.

They r 15 days.. Afgani from homegrown fantaseeds,White russian from serious, and original amnesia from dinafem... I started out the paper towel method and put them in grodan cubes once germed... When i had tap roots popping out i put them in plastic cups packed with coco .. I am wanting to put them in the ffof soon.... They should be vegging full on soon and i wanted to get them in before too long.. Let me know what u think....

I am growing White Russian right now and I can tell ya they are some finicky plants. You definitely will need to be careful with the nutes as they are light eaters and don't like temp fluctuations. Doing the stratified soil thing is a good idea.

I was gonna say since you have coco already, you can use that to mix in with the FFOF. I would mix in coco, FFOF and pearlite. To start, mix the bottom 1/3 of the planters with 3:1:1 FFOF/coco/pearlite, then the middle section go to 2:2:2 FFOF/coco/pearlite, then the top 1/3 with 1:3:2 FFOF/coco/pearlite. That would give the young part of the plant some nutrients but not heavy. Then as it grows, it will reach into stronger and stronger nutes at the points that it is needing them.

I have not done this myself but I have read about others who have. Good luck with it :)

Hey brother thank u... A friend told me to sit back and wait to see which pheno i have is.. He said his pheno loved a high EC but that the second pheno was a very light feeder... So i will be watching very close... Thanks for the advise....

Thanks for sharing your information. I was wandering for solution I got the idea now.

Latest posts

Back