Starting a Clone Dispensary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
id take the chance & pay the 1500, its like buying your way into the system. i just payed 200 to join a assosiation & i can have stuff tested in a lab, get patients, have support, legal, growing ect. certificates of being organic, so on. so sometimes its a scam but if its not, it might just help. best of luck my friend

Ahhh Genetics. I have allways said that dispensing clones is more profitable then grwoing herb, IF you have an outlet for clone stock.
The big problem with clones is timing. Once they are rooted, you are "on the clock" for getting rid of them.
As we all know, once rooted, they grow fast.

Does your Law allow multiple Mother plants of the same strain? Or are you only allowed 1 mother of each strain? That will be your limiting factor on how many clones you can supply.

If I were you, I would skip everything to do with seeds and "aquire" clones to start your process. That will save you quite a bit of time, and alot of headaches, and wasted space/time/nuits/soil.

As far as what strains man, alot of choices. I would stick with at least 2 true "OG kushes", perferably Skywalker for sure and maybe a SFV OG.
Granndaddy FOR SURE. Super popular and easy to grow.
Blue Dream...super easy to grow and high yeilding.
Girl Scout Cookies. The new (gotta have it) strain causing major hype.
Last but not least, something from the "Family", either Chem 91' Sour Diesel or the sort.

Hope it works out Bro! It's a GREAT Biz!

Another note is to be the guy that does the testing. Big $$...Small risk.

so Ya saying you will have a set price for the clones?....funny thing is here they call it "Donations"..:rofl:...but when I say Ill donate 5 dollars for that...they laugh...Ive seen many disp...that sell some awefull crappy clones...went to one that called me for some my Gooey cutts and when I got there they had all 5 of they crappy wilting clones sitting on counter...no grow enviorment anywhere....simply told them I wasnt placing my healthy girls in there...unless they paid for them upfront...and I been to others( I do supply) that have a tent set up and or seperate room for the clones..and in order to suply them They test your plants as well as some Bud..then if they like they will call...I also share My screan name with them so they can look at how I grow and what I do.....right now I have a hard time keeping up with all them..I have 3 cloners going full bore right now...:lama:

take care and be safe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The big problem with clones is timing. Once they are rooted, you are "on the clock" for getting rid of them.
As we all know, once rooted, they grow fast.

Yeah ..I had that a few weeks Back...cool thing is there are Tons of Dispenc here..I just go "Donate" the extras to a new dispenc...works for me..but the timeing is tough...I cant clone in the SHED as I can outside..so Ill take avantage of this now..
:48:

There are no rules in place yet NCH this is just one of the ideas they are kicking around.

To sell clones you can not bring in clones from other states. You will have to show a documented grow of the plants you want to use from seed. 3 mothers of each strain is the way they are talking and each clones dispensary will be able to set their own prices. No one but the original clone provider will be able to sell their Strain.

bro! Go with purp strains, and girl scout cookies! That strain is ridiculously popular out here in the bay area. I'm sure others will be just as happy with it. This girl scouts has the same effect as when kush first hit the scene in cali, Everyone loved it, and everyone wanted more! But then again this is cali standars... Personally I would go with this line up, Durban poison, Girl scout cookies (which is i think a cross between durban poison and kush) Purple Urkle, Purple Princess, Blue dream, and the last would be between White grapes or platinum Kush. If i were to start a clone only dispensary, I would be sold out all day long with this type of inventory. Hope this helps on your decision a bit! Good luck to ya brotha ;')

Ozzy, in your step-by-step you said that the plant has to be tested by a lab. Exactly what does this lab report cover? What do they test? How do they assign a 'signature' to the mother plant?

I myself would vote to include 2 non-defined (take your pic) strains: one pure sativa and one pure indica. Allow people a place to obtain core breeding stock for hybridization. Meself, I'd pick an Afghani or a Pakastani Indica, and either a Durban or Malawi sativa, or maybe an Asian sativa (Thai, Viet, etc). Gives new breeders a consistent starting point for new strains. But I'm grower-centric and not patient-centric (smile).

Many of the rest are mainly PR and experienced opinions. The strain name "OG Kush" has been abused and re-abused so many times that who knows what the accurate genetics are. I have tasted at least 5 different "Pure OG Kush" strains which were partially similar but clearly were different plant types to me. Kinda like the variety of "Thai stick" that flooded the country in the 70's and 80's, about 80% of which was not even sativa. So unless I ->really<- knew the grower who took the clones I would not trust many/any brand names they assign. To the seller it is always "THE" pure strain; to everyone guess but the breeder who created it. I think its going to get much worse before it gets better.

The lab test will be for the percentages of THC, CBD, and CBN, This will more or less be like the bench mark for the plant. The "signature"/number will be assigned to the plant. As a CD it will be your job to make sure the # is always right for the clones you sell. For someone willing to go thru the process, I don't think they will be messing up.

If a mother is approved and tested, can her clones be used as pre-tested mothers?

And do you happen to know the cost of the lab review? I would LOVE to have some strains tested.

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
If a mother is approved and tested, can her clones be used as pre-tested mothers?

That has not been addressed yet in the talks
Old_SSSC_Guy said:
And do you happen to know the cost of the lab review? I would LOVE to have some strains tested.

I have not had any labs in the state call me back yet besides the college and they said at this time they won't do the testing for non law enforcement

Sounds like outright scientific discrimination to me (smile).

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
Sounds like outright scientific discrimination to me (smile).

Scientific or Logic used by today's politicians would equal the end of the world as we know it.;)

I have seen some of the gas chromatography mass spectroscopy results of a few samples, and samples from the same plant can have different values. Its one thing to market weed, and another to get measurements that are...consistent.

ozzydiodude said:
To sell clones you can not bring in clones from other states. You will have to show a documented grow of the plants you want to use from seed. 3 mothers of each strain is the way they are talking and each clones dispensary will be able to set their own prices. No one but the original clone provider will be able to sell their Strain.

are there constraints on how and where you get your seed?

at what stage will the the plants genetics be tested?

what type of clones do you want to market---medicinal, recreational, or volume?

seems like you might be able to expand your search a bit if allowed to run 50 beans per strain in search for that perfect pheno

if i could run 150 total beans in search of the perfect 3 strains---i would be sampling more than 3 in search for the perfect pheno from seed---more like 15 strains of 10 seeds

forced to pick 3 mothers---2 indica's and a sativa

Jack Herer
Skunk
Kush (OG's and whatnot)
Northern Lights
Satori (everyone raves it)
Some long blooming Haze would be nice

Jack Frost
GDP (the light green potent and tasty pheno)
Gods Gift
Pineapple
blue dream
annnnd....c4 or a really skunky funky skunk lol

I wanted to bump this to the top. Keep it fresh. Any other people want to add to this list?

Im looking for your opinions on must haves in your garden. Seed form please. Looking to add to my limited supply of beans for next spring.

if it was me i would set up a free wordpress website & spend like 50$ on a couple thousand very basic business cards with the business name, adress, phone number, & website on them. hand them out to potential customers at events, festivals, hydro stores, garden centers & head shops. i would have a small description on the card explaining that if you log into the website, & vote on your favorite strains. the site would give you a reference number. that you could bring to the place of business get a discount on your first purchase of clones. not only are you marketing your business. but also being provided with good statistics about what strains your potential customers want you to sell.

the internet is a small business owners best friend

Good one Shortbus. But if you give them the first half of the discount code on the cards and the other half after they logged in, then you can track where the cards did the most good. And/or, in order to get the discount code they have to complete a second poll checking a box for where they first heard of you. You will usually find that about 70% of your marketing will primarily work in one place or approach. Finding that avenue is big time important to being able to target the next marketing push towards where it can do the most good.

Latest posts

Back