Starting to get sick!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Unsleep

Under the Zion Curtain
Reaction score
So you can check my grournal in my sig, but so far I'm using these elements to my grow. Bag seed of varying quality. Some chronic, some swag, but who knows, right? Plants appear to be affected equally tho.

Soil mix:
2 parts MG Moisture Control
1 part Vermiculite
1 Part Perlite.

Light:
400w MH suspended currently about 3 feet from the tops

Water:
every 3-4 days, no nutes.
Regular tap water

From the pictures you can see a yellowing starting on the older leafs, but not limited to. It begins towards the inner area of the leaf usually and looks like yellow bruising. Later these yellow spots have developed dark brown "death" spots. The tops and outter edges of these leaves also are starting to yellow. What could be causing this? It thought it might be heat stress from that hot light, but I've moved it up again, and placing my hand over the plants is warm, but definetly not hot. You'll also notice the leafs are droppy and tend to curl under, where as the leaves affected the worst by the "yellowing" tend to curl slightly up along the sides, making a "cup", if you will.

sick.jpg

sick2.jpg

sick3.jpg

sick4.jpg

sick5.jpg

I apologize for the poor quality and size of the pics, but my camera on my phone is all I have atm. I don't have any great cirulation in my grow closet atm, but I leave the door open most of the time till I can invest in a couple of fans. Also a thing to note is the previous tenant left the house in a very dusty state. I've tried to collect and get rid of most of it, but could this be cause my a fungus, mold, or other illness?

Plants are currently about 3 weeks into growth and were doing really well until recently. They also are starting to smell more like a green plant more now. Not like weed yet, but the "green" smell of plant life is beginning to take. I've searched thouroughly for bugs, and can see nothing that alarms me. I have a tomato fert I have yet to use, was waiting till they got a little bigger and older till I introduced some food. The food is 18-18-21. The soil already has a limited amout supposedly able to feed "up to 3 months". Is this nute deficiency, nute burn, light burn or heat burn, co2/ventilation issues, or some kind of attack on my plants, via fungus or mold?

Any ideas guys?

I've checked MH lighting charts here, but I'm still a little scared to place it 12-18 inches away from the tops as referenced. That light puts off alot of heat. Maybe I'll get some ventilation going in my closet soon to offset that heat.

Did you do anything about the ventilation? Does it get fresh air? If not, that could have something to do with it??

Not yet, sadly. I can only leave the door open to my closet. There is an AC unit blowing directly into the closet from acrossed the room at maybe 6' away. Also have a ceiling fan on constantly that helps move the air a little.

I know I need to get better circulation though. I'll have to get a little creative as being in a closet, I'll have to cut holes in the ceiling, wall, or even the adjoining drawers or something. I think I have a solution tho for that. Now I need to get paid again before I can apply something.

I think it's something else tho, but I could be wrong. That's why I'm here =)

Just checked out your grow journal. Noticed your nice green seedling at 10 days on post #6 of your GJ. That one looks just like mine at day 10!;)

I think it's another example of MG soils being too hot for some strains, and fine for others. I don't think it will die, but it sure does fry them a little bit.:cool:

Latest posts

Back