Stems Purple in 2 days?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Rizzle

Reaction score
Between the night before last and yesterday evening, my clone started to turn purple on the stem from the fan leaves to the stalk on the four sets closest to the top. And when I checked on it tonight the entire stalk was purple all the way to the soil. I did top it two days ago, and the same day it was put under double the lumens of the same light. Is this because I topped it, or could it be attributed to higher temperatures? Or is it just plain Magnesium def.? You see, the reason I ask is because the mother plant never did anything close to this. Also I fertilized them todays ago, the lower leaves look lighter green and a little droopy. Ill post some pics tomorrow. But this is insane how fast it changed so drastically. I hope it stays purple.

Any Input?

POTASSIUM (K) Affected plants are usually tallest and appear to be most vigorous. Necrotic spots form on lower leaves. Red stems. Leaves appear pale or yellow. Add chemical fertilizer containing K.

???

PHOSPHORUS (P) Slow or stunted growth, red stems. Smaller leaves that are dark green. Lower leaves yellow and die. Add chemical fertilizer containing P. Affected leaves will not show recovery but new growth will apear normal.

???

..OR an "organic" fert' with high "P"..;)

i'd say dont worry about it. all my plants had purple stems in the starting stages, and apparently they're fine

noodlemasterr88 said:
i'd say dont worry about it. all my plants had purple stems in the starting stages, and apparently they're fine

I have the same thing, I didn't think it was a problem I figured it was just the stems being thicker from the increased wind of the fan. I guess its time to get some nutes, just to be sure.

Latest posts

Back