Still waiting for seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niteshft

Reaction score
It's been a month and a half and still no seeds, Nirvana says they forgot to put stamps on the first shipment, they were replacing seeds that got crushed from my original order which, was a replacement for hermed seeds. So, they supposedly put stamps on it and sent it on it's way. Again, it was returned to them without any explanation to me and resent a few days ago. I've had so many problems with orders from Nirvana that the only problem left to have is a letter from customs. They are the only suppliers that I have delt with and I think it's time to move on and try the others. Attitude will be my supplier for my next order I think. I'm not happy with the germ rate and condition of the seeds that I have gotten over the past 4-5 orders I placed. Tiny or colorless seeds just don't want to germ for me. I produced seeds better than the quality I've been getting from Nirvana. I have rooted for them because they have resent seeds to me for each order I have placed with them but you know, if the replacement seeds aren't any better, what good is thier customer satisfaction efforts anyway.

I felt it was important to share my expereance. I have heard alot of good things about Nirvana but there is another side to it as well and felt it was only fair to share my bad expereance along with the good that I have in the past.

My first order was from attitude it arrived in 8 day with 100% germ rate in paper towel. My 2nd order was from Nirvana took 10 days which was fine but like you said the seeds were were light in color looked a little immature IMO, only 50% germed and the ones that did live grew so slow I pulled them up. Every order since has been from Attitude and having 100% germination rate.
Hope this helps. keep em green, bt

the chef said:
Didn't gypsy sell his seed co.?
I don't know if Nirvana Shop is a different company than gypsy or not.

there are 2 in is Nirvana Seed Co and the other one is Gypsy Nirvana Seeds

budtender said:
My first order was from attitude it arrived in 8 day with 100% germ rate in paper towel. My 2nd order was from Nirvana took 10 days which was fine but like you said the seeds were were light in color looked a little immature IMO, only 50% germed and the ones that did live grew so slow I pulled them up. Every order since has been from Attitude and having 100% germination rate.
Hope this helps. keep em green, bt

Budtender, going back oh, maybe three years or whatever, my first order from Nirvana did the same. IMO it's a gamble with them. I just ordered some beans from there and heaven only knows. . .

leafminer said:
Budtender, going back oh, maybe three years or whatever, my first order from Nirvana did the same. IMO it's a gamble with them. I just ordered some beans from there and heaven only knows. . .

This thread has convinced me not to order from Nirvana.

I got a "customs" letter last year following a BC-Seed-King order; they were cool, replaced it and whatever, germ rates just about 100% and prices are amazing - it still skeered me tho. (I dont wanna lose my house which I own :)

Just ordered some Larry OG - pricey! - from sowamazingseeds (thx HL ;)

I'll let you guys 'n gals know what happens w/ that.

The intention for this thread wasn't to stear everyone away from Nirvana but to inform. Some people have gotten good results from Nirvana Shop and thier prices are at the low end of the average price for seeds. It's just that you shouldn't get your hopes up that the seeds you get will provide you with a full garden and like in my case, it gets expensive running a 1000W light for just 3 plants when I had plans for 6. It would be wise to get enough seeds to plan for losses so you end up with the the count you are looking for. For myself, it's just too, much trouble but others might find that solution to work.

I always order my Nirvana seeds from Gypsi Nirvana Seed Boutique and have had 100% germ rate and nice looking seeds every time. Ive grown the following Nirvana strains and have got some amazing plants

White Rhino
Papaya
Blue Mystic
Afghani
AK48
PPP
Top 44
Northern lights
Bubblicous

Im sorry to hear you had such bad luck. Try ordering from the Boutique and I bet you will be happy.

maineharvest said:
I always order my Nirvana seeds from Gypsi Nirvana Seed Boutique and have had 100% germ rate and nice looking seeds every time. Ive grown the following Nirvana strains and have got some amazing plants quote]

That's interesting because I had read that Gypsi Nirvana was the rogue seed company. I tried to find the thread but I guess it was lost with the server. Something worth looking into so others aren't steered in the wrong direction.
So, what do you all think, Nirvana Shop or Gypsi Nirvana? Tell us your expereance if you have dealt with either.

What do you mean by rogue? Ive never read a bad review about Gypsi.Ive probably done around 15 orders with Gypsi Nirvana and have gotten every order within ten days and the shipping is only like $6.:D :hubba: :hubba: :hubba: :D

maineharvest said:
What do you mean by rogue? Ive never read a bad review about Gypsi.Ive probably done around 15 orders with Gypsi Nirvana and have gotten every order within ten days and the shipping is only like $6.:D :hubba: :hubba: :hubba: :D

Thats good to know and I might try Gypsi next. I received the seeds that I ordered from Nirvana Shop yesturday but the replacement seeds that were supposed to be included were a no-show. Also, the seeds were incredably small and I can't imagine them even thinking of trying to pull something like that off. I'm including a pic, the seeds on the right are what I received.
View attachment IMG_0205 (580x387).jpg

The size of the seeds don't mean a thing. Some strains have very small seeds other can be huge it's just according to what strain it is.

Ozzy is 100% right. I got a ten pack of Shnazzleberry #2 from the breeder Chimera and the seeds were small like yours and were actually white like a premature seed. I thought it was a some kind of joke when I got them in the mail. I got 100% germ rate and I got nine nasty females. Size and color dont always matter.

I've yet to get small seeds like that to germ. Hopefully, I will have better luck this time but I must say I'm not very encouraged. Must be because of all the other problems I've had with this breeder.

I put them in water untill they sink (usually within 24 hrs) and then in paper towel in zip-lock till they form a taproot. I like to see what's going on doring the germination process. I then put them in soilless mix in party cups like alot of others do before I put them in thier final growing bucket.

I've done three orders with Nirvana. Never had any issues, and to date have had 100% germ rate.

I've never understood the whole placing them in water and then a paper towel thing. I stick them straight in to a pre soaked 1" rock wool cube.

Like others have said, size has no bearing at all and varies from strain to strain.

In four days it will be a full 2 months since I first ordered my seeds from Nirvana Shop and received an email that they will be shipped today, after I notified them I was going to reverse the charges with my credit card co.
I will believe it when I have them in hand.

Latest posts

Back