Stoney's Hot Peppers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

POTUS

BBFan said:
Potus-
You never give up do you!
Gotta go- I heard you grow peppers. So it must be true that adding capsaicin to your plants makes 'em grow big!
Dude! I crack me up! btw, you heard right. I'm growing some world class hot peppers right this minute. The plants are about 25 to 30 inches tall and I wish I could move them the hell outside in another week or two. It has to be constantly above 50F before putting them out. It's dropping below that at night still.

Bhut Jolokia

Trinidad 7-Pot (I like that name)

Trinidad Scorpion

Cholate Habenero

Red Savina (of course, she was famous for a few years)

and a few ornimental bushes with multi-colored peppers on them and respectable heat.

I love my peppers almost as much as I do my pot.

Oh yeah! Eat these suckers much and your farts will have different colors....hehe

POTUS said:
Dude! I crack me up! btw, you heard right. I'm growing some world class hot peppers right this minute. The plants are about 25 to 30 inches tall and I wish I could move them the hell outside in another week or two. It has to be constantly above 50F before putting them out. It's dropping below that at night still.

Bhut Jolokia

Trinidad Scorpion

Cholate Habenero

and a few ornimental bushes with multi-colored peppers on them and respectable heat.

Oh yeah! Eat these suckers much and your farts will have different colors....hehe

OMG those pepper put out over a million scoville units. You can't even pick them without taking precautions to not get the oil on your fingers. I don't know anyone who actually eats them. RESPECT man. Totally.

POTUS said:

Bhut Jolokia

Trinidad Scorpion

Cholate Habenero

Yeah, you crack me up too.
But seriously- Are all your peppers in the same grow area? Ever had any problems with them cross pollinating? 2 years ago I grew 5 different peppers- from Anaheims to Habaneros with varying scoville heat- they must have cross pollinated cause they all tasted about the same- heat wise.
But a little mollasses and they were fine.

I'm growing some world class hot peppers right this minute. The plants are about 25 to 30 inches tall and I wish I could move them the hell outside in another week or two. It has to be constantly above 50F before putting them out. It's dropping below that at night still.

Bhut Jolokia

Trinidad Scorpion

Cholate Habenero

BBFan said:
Yeah, you crack me up too.

But seriously- Are all your peppers in the same grow area? Ever had any problems with them cross pollinating? 2 years ago I grew 5 different peppers- from Anaheims to Habaneros with varying scoville heat- they must have cross pollinated cause they all tasted about the same- heat wise.

But a little mollasses and they were fine.
To answer the cross pollinating question, the only thing cross pollinating will do is corrupt the seeds from the cross pollinated peppers. The original peppers will be exactly what the species is. No change of heat, taste or anything happens to cross pollinated peppers. Just the seeds from those peppers.

If your Anaheims had the same heat as your habs, you had some wussy habs...hehe

Try a chocolate hab...it'll get your attention. Damn they're hot!

umbra said:
OMG those pepper put out over a million scoville units. You can't even pick them without taking precautions to not get the oil on your fingers. I don't know anyone who actually eats them. RESPECT man. Totally.
I have a box of surgical gloves on my kitchen counter. I never mess with these peppers without putting on gloves first. I like to make pepper vinegar from them. I sterilize my jars and put ONE pepper cut in half into boiling vinegar. Boil it for about 10 minutes to extract the oils and then pour it into the jars. I use this on all types of foods, but my favorite is on salads. A few drops of this on a salad makes it a totally different meal. Oh Yeah!

potus did you just move in down the street from me and have a googly eye? he's groing some of those too...

Well, the real fun begins when you try to dry one in the microwave-
hoo boy talk about choking.

I grow alot hot peppers myself. The first 2 -3 harvests are canned. I usualy make some of each type, but also some jars of a buch of each. I let them sit in my basement over the winter, so they can marinade real well.
They are great on steak.
I also use a good ammount to make fresh and canned salsa.
It seems once you start gardening, no matter what kind, MJ, flowers, or eddibles, you just get hooked;)

i have a question for whoever can answer it. when i was younger my granny canned peppers, they were great with pinto beans and cornbread. now she's gone and nobody knows what type of peppers they were or how she canned them. the were long skinny green peppers not real hot but warm and after being canned for a while seemed to have a slight sweet taste. any ideas of what these peppers were and how she canned them to get that sweet taste would be awesome.

city said:
potus did you just move in down the street from me and have a googly eye? he's groing some of those too...
Nope, that's my evil twin, ston-eye-bud. He was always an U-gly bastid. hehe

slowmo77 said:
i like to eat hot peppers, its just what happens after i eat them i hate. sitting on the toilet prayin for a splash of water or a cold baby wipe.. lol
When you eat them and want to rid your mouth of the heat, milk or milk byproducts break the bond between your nerves and the capsaicin. Nothing else does it as well. It works on the other end as well. hehe

Or, you could eat them until you develop a tolerance to them. They are a natural laxative however...

cubby said:
I grow alot hot peppers myself. The first 2 -3 harvests are canned. I usualy make some of each type, but also some jars of a buch of each. I let them sit in my basement over the winter, so they can marinade real well.
They are great on steak.
I also use a good ammount to make fresh and canned salsa.
It seems once you start gardening, no matter what kind, MJ, flowers, or eddibles, you just get hooked;)
What kind are you growing? What's your favorite?

ArtVandolay said:
My favorite is Thai Chile peppers :D
Hey Art, Thai's are yummy! Nice heat to the new ones called "Thai Super Hots". The flavor is great. Get yourself a pack of Thai Super Hot seeds. You'll love em.

maybe she added sugar to her brine slowmo.

we dry our peppers, then grind 'em up, and put them into shakers.:hubba: . the stinky cheese ones work well. we write " Turd Softener" on the container.
this stuff only needs a small shake in a big pot of chili. it gets hotter once heat activated...bb...

banjobuzz said:
it gets hotter once heat activated...bb...
That's a common misconception. They actually just seem hotter after they're rehydrated. The oil is more readily available to attach to the nerve endings then it is when it's dry or recently moist. Soak some of your powder in some hot water for 30 minutes and then try it. It'll make smoke come out your nose. hehe

thanks potus, i don't really have a problem eating hot peppers, not as hot as what you grow but pretty warm store bought peppers. its them coming out that kills me. im gonna study up on canning peppers.

i think we'll pass on pepers in the garden this year. we still have about 50 quarts.:eek: .

anyone ever can 'em with green tomatoe wedges in with the peppers? you gotta try it. mmmm, thier soo good.;) :cool: ...bb...

Latest posts

Back