Stoney's Hot Peppers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
banjobuzz said:
i think we'll pass on pepers in the garden this year. we still have about 50 quarts.:eek: .

anyone ever can 'em with green tomatoe wedges in with the peppers? you gotta try it. mmmm, thier soo good.;) :cool: ...bb...
50 quarts left from last year! Wow! That's awesome man. Have you thought about labeling and selling at the local flea market?

Peppers for the little ones....

GerberPeppers.JPG

POTUS said:
What kind are you growing? What's your favorite?

So far this year I've started Jalepeno,Anihiem chilli, Sweet banana, Thai ,and Hobanero. My favorite is the jalepeno because I think they are the most versitile. I can put then in chili, on steak ,in salsa, or just eat them of the plant.
Also when friends come over I can serve them to anyone because they're moderately warm. I've seen more than a few tough guys pop a habenero in his mouth just to end up crying.
I find for canning the best way to go is do a few of each kind then do some mixtures. I also experiment different things to put in with them like small pikling cucumbers, snow peas, radishes,rams,and strawberrys.
You can also try different flavor enhansers like cinamon sticks, annise seeds(gives a licorish taste) even fresh picked garlic.
There's probably a million other combos and finding them is half the fun of growing and preserving your own.
I think I'm going to try the green tomato wedges as suggested by Banjobuzz, sounds interesting.:D

Man, cubby, you sound like you've got it together! You made my mouth start going nuts just thinking about it. hehe

I love to make pepper vinegar. I have about ten types I use. Drizzle that on a big ole salad and you've got an entirely different meal. Takes a boring salad and makes it interesting as hell.

we can every year. the spaghetti sauce, and salsa's are my favs. we try to give away a bunch of the peppers. canned goods make excellent gifts.:D :cool: ...

i'll show you a picture of 1 of my garden protectors. best you can get.:hubba: .

i'll go dig him out...bb...

heres a few of them. i have many more we put in the gardens. we seen one the other da that has a motion detector in it. it hoots, and eyes glow when activated.

nothing will come near your garden with this natural predator in it. i guarantee.;) :D :cool: ...

banjobuzz said:
heres a few of them. i have many more we put in the gardens. we seen one the other da that has a motion detector in it. it hoots, and eyes glow when activated.

nothing will come near your garden with this natural predator in it. i guarantee...
I hear you man! I have the real ones here! Man, you can hear them all night, hooting from every side of my yard. Big, well fed owls. Watched one eat a big rattler one day. Mashed it's head with it's beak against a tree branch until it was mush and then swallowed it whole, about two inches per/gulp. What a sight! Good birdy.

banjobuzz said:
we can every year. the spaghetti sauce, and salsa's are my favs. we try to give away a bunch of the peppers. canned goods make excellent gifts...
Man, you're right! I've had a pantry since I was a kid. Nothing but a room full of shelves. Full shelves. About a full year of food if I ate nothing but what is in that room.

I love to eat... munchies, good food, they go so well together...

banjobuzz said:

nothing will come near your garden with this natural predator in it. i guarantee.;) :D :cool: ...

I'm gonna' have to get a couple of those. Do they work on cats? I have one black and white cat that just refuses to stay out of my garden. People have suggested "just shoot it" but I can't do that, It's the owners fault not the cats.
Acctually, the motion detector one gives me an idea.a motion detector garden hose would probably keep the cat away,and at the same time water the garden!:D :p

I've got two Trinidad Scorpion bushes with peppers on them now! Oh yeah! Big suckers too. One should start ripening very soon.

Stoney: Post that link to the really hot peppers again!

I want to wow my in-laws with them!

The Effen Gee said:
Stoney: Post that link to the really hot peppers again!

I want to wow my in-laws with them!
I'm not sure which link you mean. What was on the page?

I asked you where you could get some of the jolokia's.

there was also the collection of the "Hottest Sauce" I wanted to paruse agian...

POTUS said:
The plants are about 25 to 30 inches tall
:postpicsworthless:
gotta make sure you ain't growin bannana peppers or bell peppers :joint:

Mutt said:
gotta make sure you ain't growin bannana peppers or bell peppers :joint:
Ha! Sorry man, the pepper pics are posted on anther group that is linked via IP to my real self. Too easy to compare and link.

You'll just have to use your imagination.

Latest posts

Back