Strain recommendation

lowrydergrower775

The Lowryder Guru
Reaction score
Hi it has been so long since I have posted on here but I do know alot of you guys and gals. I am looking for recommendations on a strain to grow as most of you know it has always been autoflowers I would like to avoid this route this round and try something different something that does stay short not as short as a lowryder of course lol. Heavy indica if possible gonna be running a 1000 Watt hps in a tent. Would appreciate any help you guys could give.

JustAnotherAntMarching

Smot Poker Since '93
Reaction score
Hi it has been so long since I have posted on here but I do know alot of you guys and gals. I am looking for recommendations on a strain to grow as most of you know it has always been autoflowers I would like to avoid this route this round and try something different something that does stay short not as short as a lowryder of course lol. Heavy indica if possible gonna be running a 1000 Watt hps in a tent. Would appreciate any help you guys could give.
Yo :48:

sawhse

Growing for Me
Reaction score
:ciao: I am smoking the blue dream. It does get alittle big without training. Good finisher great mix leaning towards the indica side.

Reaction score
I am partial to Larry OG. It is not Heavy Indica. More like a 50/50 hybrid I believe. If you let her go 70-74 days of flower she is like a heavy indica though. Very Narcotic. Two downsides are the longer flowering time, and she is a real PITA to clone.

skullcandy

Reaction score
i would recommend the critical kush I picked some up from i think it was barn farms or ch99 i think that was the name can't remember anymore but critical kush was short healty and good bud

lowrydergrower775

The Lowryder Guru
Reaction score
mmm I like the sound of the larry og how tall does she get? i know that has alot of depending factors but can you keep her pretty short?

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
I had very little trouble keeping the Larry OG under 3' with training, and is one of my all time favs. I found that scrog works very well for the Larry, and it gives great yields. Another very good smoke that stays rather short is White Rhino. Its a solid producer, nice smoke, 70/30 indica/Sat stone :)

Reaction score
mmm I like the sound of the larry og how tall does she get? i know that has alot of depending factors but can you keep her pretty short?
She can be kept on the smaller side with proper training. I usually top at least once and use lots of lst via tying down. If you don't do anything she can grow like a bean pole. It's still my favorite strain to this day. Good yielder as well.

lowrydergrower775

The Lowryder Guru
Reaction score
Think I will try it out check out a couple of grows including yours hammy and it doesn't seem too hard to keep short and since you say it is real narcotic I have a feeling I would love it. I am also thinking of doing a bit of bubba kush from what I hear that is very indica heavy and shouldn't have a problem with staying short either not limited by height I would just like it if I didn't have 7 foot monsters lol

Reaction score
I would really try and go with a strain that is more indica and stays short naturally your first go with photoperiod plants rather than getting something like Larry OG and trying to keep her in check.

I grew a God Bud x OG Kush cross from Jordan of the Islands (I think Hemp Depot has the best prices on his seeds) that was great and stayed nice and short. It also has a short flowering time, is heavy indica and finishes up nice and frosty. I really like the taste of kushes.

lowrydergrower775

The Lowryder Guru
Reaction score
Do you have any pics on here of that grow? I will search and see if I can find them. I think you are right though best thing on first go would be to make it as easy as i can on myself. Have you ever grown any white rhino I hear that stays really short as well?

Hackerman

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, AK-47 has won more cannabis cups than any other strain. They finally asked them to stop entering it so others would have a chance. LOL Or, so I have heard.

It's definitely my next grow.

Reaction score
AK 47 is good, but can be very smelly--your odor control has to be top-notch. I have never been a big fan of white strains--I find them harsh.

Sorry I don't have any pics here of the God Bud x OG Kush.

DEREK_FOREAL

Custom Deluxe
Reaction score
Maybe look into Sour Bubble. It is not going to get huge on you and it is definitely a sledge hammer Indica . On the subject of BOG, his Bogbubble is fast flowering, good yield, and real stoney. 49 day pheno is very nice.

Herijuana is a HEAVY Indica that is great for just vegging out or insomnia. Not a great yielder but adequate.

Pakistan Chitral Kush from Ace may fit the bill but not as heavy of a stone as the above. Beautiful plants, aromas, flavors.

Bean Ho has some great deals on solid genetics as well.

Hope this helps!
Best

Latest posts