Strange Bagseed Clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kefi

Reaction score
I cut some small clones from what was my mother plant awhile back. Thought I was doing every thing right - I made a cloner out of an old mini-fridge, used sterile scissors, rockwool cubes, and rooting hormones. Unfortunately, 9 of the 11 cuts I took died off. The two that survived are possibly the strangest looking marijuana plants I've ever seen. They do not have serrate leaves, they're no more than a month old and are exploding with preflowers and they're growing extremely slow.

I’m hoping one of you know why at least one of these things are happening.

I’ve attached a few (shitty quality) pictures to help explain what I’m talking about.

6-16-08[04].jpg

6-16-08[05].jpg

6-16-08[07].jpg

Just remembered that you’ll probably need the following information:

Growing medium:
½ Canadian sphagnum peat moss
¼ perlite
¼ topsoil

Lighting:
1 x 13 watt blue (460-470nm) LED
2 x 23 watt blue spectrum CFLs
2 x 23 watt red spectrum CFLs

Not using any nutes/ferts/etc.

man thats crazy! How close are the lights? dont know if that makes a difference.

Maybe there just a short stubby strain how tall was the Mother plant??

Im puzzled

Hick knows what hes talking about.....Good guy!

RAD said:
Maybe there just a short stubby strain how tall was the Mother plant??
Mother plant is currently flowering and ~3.5 feet tall. She was probably ~2.5 feet tall when these cuttings were taken.
Hick said:
The smooth, unserrated leaves indicate 'revegging' to me. They'll grow out of it and be fine.
The clones are not revegging though. They were cut while my mother was still vegging, however she was old enough to have massive preflowers.

hey dude i dont know if it will make a different but have you tryed transplanting into bigger pots...Also if there a month old they will start needing some kind of food...right??

are the light's really close to the plants? that somtimes can keep them small..

I wish i had some better answers for you bro....

kefi said:
Mother plant is currently flowering and ~3.5 feet tall. She was probably ~2.5 feet tall when these cuttings were taken.
The clones are not revegging though. They were cut while my mother was still vegging, however she was old enough to have massive preflowers.

.. give them a week or two. ..bet ya' a dollar to a donut they grow out of it.

Hick said:
.. give them a week or two. ..bet ya' a dollar to a donut they grow out of it.
Okay, thanks. Kind of disappointing - I want the plants to continue growing without serrate leaves.
RAD said:
hey dude i dont know if it will make a different but have you tryed transplanting into bigger pots...Also if there a month old they will start needing some kind of food...right??
I highly doubt the plants are rootbound, but I'll keep transplanting in mind. As for food, I've never used any nutes during veg. From my understanding, you want something high in nitrogen, right? What would you suggest?
RAD said:
are the light's really close to the plants? that somtimes can keep them small..
The lights aren't too close to the plants - probably a good 8 inches away.

kefi said:
I highly doubt the plants are rootbound, but I'll keep transplanting in mind.
I dont wanna give you any bad info but...IMHO I think there there good enough to transplant into bigger pot's.

kefi said:
As for food, I've never used any nutes during veg. From my understanding, you want something high in nitrogen, right? What would you suggest?
Everytime i have grown i've always used medium with a month's worth of food right in there... What country do u live in?, i live in england, so i can tell you what i used if you live in UK. Usualy there labled "GROW" for vegging and "BLOOM" for flowering (at least the ones i've got!). I ALWAYS use my Nutes, plus i use SUPERthrive, people love Superthrive or hate it...I personaly love it, it makes my plants grow much stonger and bigger.
I know you already know this but when you give them nutes make sure your ph is what they say on the bottle.

kefi said:
The lights aren't too close to the plants - probably a good 8 inches away.
Thats cool, have you thought about putting more CFL lights's up or a more powerful light? That would help alot!!

I hope it all goes well for you bro!! im gonna be watching out for those kids turning into awsome monsters!!!. Just take my advice with a pich of salt because im no expert like some of the others in the forum...

Take care..

Okay, thanks. Kind of disappointing - I want the plants to continue growing without serrate leaves.
The serrrations will return, once they have totally re-vegged.. ;)

Latest posts

Back