Strange marks on my leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJer

BigJer
Reaction score
Growing outside, PH 7.0, and I used Fox Farm big grow in the beginning and Big Bud once it started growing buds and used every other day. The soil was a bagged soil recommended by local grow shop.

I have looked through hundreds of pictures and didn't see one like this. leaves are green and just starting to bud. Thank you for any help.
thumbnail (3).jpg

I'm thinking some kind of nutrient deficiency and a pH that is too high. Fox Farm's Grow Big is really not meant as a stand alone nutrient, but is made to use with Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom throughout the season. Big Bud is an Advanced Nutrient product and is a bloom enhancer and not an actual nutrient. Your pH is too high also. It should be kept around 6.5 to 6.8 to assure uptake of all the nutrients.

I would suggest that you get an actual flowering nutrient and follow the feeding schedule. I would also knock the pH down to acceptable ranges.

1.jpg
Thank you Hemp Godess. I went to a grow shop and the gentleman there agreed with you. He told me to use Sensi Bloom part A + B when I water and only use Big Bud once a week not every watering and to also use Sensi Bloom Cal/Mag also once a week. He also said to snip the effected leaves off. She is a whole new plant today and looking very happy!

Last edited:
Looks much better!
Down curled leaves are also a sign that the plant is severely rootbound, and now that you've shown the size of the pot, I'm going to suggest that on your next grow, you should move into a larger container than a 5 gallon pail when the plant is about 2/3 the size it was in the last pic. That will help a lot with overall vigor! It's already late enough in the season that imho the risk of transplanting that beast outweighs the potential benefit.
Unless you have bugs or mold that make it absolutely necessary, don't clip leaves. When the plant is done with them, it will draw nutrients it wants back out of the dying leaves to feed the living ones, and they will drop naturally on their own.
Nice work recovering from that deficiency!

Latest posts

Back