strawberry newb needs tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miah

Reaction score
very new to gardening, starting a strawberry plant inside
any tips or pointers....
what should i use as nutes?

You only want to give nutes on first transplant. SB don't need many nutes. If you feed too much fertilizer you will have more leaf than fruit.

I heard dont feed during veg wait till they start to bloom little strawberries the give them a mild bloom fert. their pretty self sufficent.

trillions of atoms said:
try the search button on the task bar...it works wonders....
lets try and not discourage questions, we all learn from them.

very new to gardening, starting a strawberry plant inside
any tips or pointers....
what should i use as nutes?.....

try the search button on the task bar...it works wonders....

lets try and not discourage questions, we all learn from them.

i helped on this post.....did you?

Whatever you decide to use (I come from the land of strawberries...no joke) use spairingly. Or you will end up tasting whatever you put into them.

Cover the topsoil with plastic (if you use soil) soon after flowering to keep the berries clean. DO NOT get ANY fertilizer on the berries once they start to develop. They have such a thin membrane they WILL immediately absorb the on-so delectable flavor of fish emulsion (recommended) or whatever you use.

Remember; Less is more, Keep 'em clean and use organic compounds only.

you can PM me if you have any snags, I may be able to be of service on this one.

-FNG

I have around 50 plants in the house:D. I love strawberries with a passion. They need feeding twice VERY lighly with a complete fert, on transplant and a few weeks later, the rest of the time str8 water or you will have plenty of leaves and a small amount of berries. They like light soils, i'm using promix hp and worm castings. They like an acidic ph 5.5-6.2. They are very, very easy to grow...so easy a caveman could do it;). Just plant and water, I have a 2 26w cfls over my berries.

bud 001.jpg

bud 002.jpg

bud 003.jpg

bud 004.jpg

bud 005.jpg

trillions of atoms said:
i helped on this post.....did you?
dude, seriously...loosen up your panties or something. this aint a fight site, you got a problem? take it to a moderator, i got better thing to do. keep it green and TRY to take things easy.

id admit, who wants to help someone that doenst even have a concerned question really. His/Her question was answerd, the seach button works, and that was just a pointless follow up post toa, did you?, but this should not be taking up room in this thread, when miah has some more questions, maby the seach button will help, but for me it never finds anything im looking for, google answers most my questions, but bring on the questions and guys take one of these :chillpill: this isnt the place, should just left it alone octo

headband said:
id admit, who wants to help someone that doenst even have a concerned question really. His/Her question was answerd, the seach button works, and that was just a pointless follow up post toa, did you?, but this should not be taking up room in this thread, when miah has some more questions, maby the seach button will help, but for me it never finds anything im looking for, google answers most my questions, but bring on the questions and guys take one of these :chillpill: this isnt the place, should just left it alone octo
sounds like you need your own advice...about shouldn't be taking up room on this thread...yet you post and call me out? or call trillion out? and your wasn't pointless? drama drama drama...
i was truly hoping to see advice on strawberries, got me interested in growing them...this is why i'm x-tremely choosy whom i ask questions to. good luck on the strawberries, would like to know how they come out.

Latest posts

Back