Sudden die-off: help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
This is the most potent of my moms, I do have clones but I was hoping to reveg her again. This has happened really fast - I can't understand why I didn't pick up on the first signs, except that the grow room is pretty crowded and the affected parts were at the back, almost out of sight.

As you can see from the pic, some of the bud is still fine, but some - you can see that even the stems have dried out and gone brown - has died completely.

I successfully revegged this plant before, since then she's been LSTd and the bud is terrific judging by the early samples, but the trichs are still clear, mainly, no way are they all cloudy let alone amber. The other mom seems ok and the clones and the hybrid all seem ok too.

Tech stuff: coco medium, using the same nutes as the others, MG 15-30-15, temp of the grow room is about 30C thanks to the fan, (outside is 27C) falling to 12C at night. Lighting about 5K lumens/ft, mainly HPS supplemented by CFLs.

What to do???

die-off.jpg

Something happened to the roots. Not sure because I am a hydro guy but I have had it happen when transplanting in a DWC system before. I just hope it is not root rot or some kind of fungus or pest.

thats what i was thinking. possibly root rought. i cant really tell though. i hope not. And if its drying out then i agree with buddyluv, something has to be wrong with the roots if the stem's are not broken.

I dont know dude. good luck.

Could it be mold coming from that wall behind the plant?

Looks like mold to me. I have had that happen. seems to happen where u can least see it. Maybe bad air flow back there or something.

BuddyLuv said:
mold doesn't dry a plant out it will make it soft and mushy.

Yea has to something with the roots or the stem cracked at the bottom. Sorry to see this mate :eek:

Id def take the dead leaves off so people can get a better view

I think that buddyluv and pimpdaddy have it. Overwatering. I'll let them all dry out pretty well. Normally I water once a week but for some reason I got it into my head to start watering more often. That probably caused root rot. I'll wait and see if any parts survive. Thanks for the notes, pretty much on target!

that looks like mold, your plants wont necessarily be soft and mushy from mold, they can be pretty crispy after the mold has set in. But, im not there in person so i cant say for sure, just what it looks like to me.

Yeah if ya over watered for awhile you could have root rot.

looks like a root problem to me also.as stated above mold makes the plant mushy.no problem detecting mold problems.

I'm sure it's overwatering. The bud that died is perfectly OK to smoke. I've had mould in England a few times so I know what it's like (a total bummer is what!)
I just checked on the plant and the remaining stems don't seem badly affected, I will keep a close eye on it. I just had a thought, this pot is from over a year ago, it may be a mix of soil and coco, what I used to do before I started to use 100% coco, and a mix would be more prone to overwatering problems.
I really can't see the point of cutting any of the branches loaded with bud and trying to do reveg clones. If I lose that plant it will be unfortunate but not a disaster because I do have some clones from it. Thanks to everyone who commented.

Latest posts

Back