Suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenThumbBlackFinger

Reaction score
So these are my babies. I have them under 2 CFLs and a circular tube fluorescent, pH 6.8, getting 5-5-5 nutes, and as far as i can tell healthy. So my question is, why do the baby leaves die (the first set of finger leaves that is) and whats with the brown tips that appear on one leaf once in a while? Just showing a few pics of the weird "blemishes" on them, any suggestions would be helpful as this is my first grow and of course we stoneys get very attached to our girls. :)

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1424.JPG

IMG_1426.JPG

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

i think this batch is going to end up being the sacrificial lambs for more to come until i learn the do's and dont's. are you sure thats nute burn? they've only gotten it once because im worried theyre too fragile. what do you think of SuperThrive? I have some of that but like I said, dont wanna nuke em with nutes. ive been doing my homework and it seems like every person with the classic brown tips/curling is from nutes. And the fertilizer I gave them that one time was Dr. Earth, not MiracleGro if that is relevant at all.

the "baby" leaves die because they are only used the first week or so. once other leaves show up, those will die off- naturally- not to worry. and for the other yellowing? well i have found that over feeding a "weed" such as marijuana is all too common and causes all types of yellowing symptoms.

so I havent given them any nutes for a few days but added superthrive to their water and they have perked up a TON. Even the one i call "the retard" is looking better. I will make sure not to overwater, i bought one of those things you stick in the dirt and it tells you the pH, moisture level, light intensity, etc. If I run across any more issues i'll let you know. And when they're a little bigger i'll post some more pics so hopefully I could get more input again. Thanks guys

Another thing you want to take into account is the soil they are in, does it have food in it? If it does that would be another reason for the nute burn.

In fact many growers will push their nutes till they see brown tips and then they know it's time to back off and they have reached their limits

Latest posts

Back