Sunlight Supply Threatens Shop Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knowboddy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just saw this on a few other forums and thought it was important that everyone hear it.

Apparently Sunlight Supply has been threatening to put a lot of hydroponic stores out of business if they don't go along with Sunlight Supply's "rules". Stuff like kicking people out of the store if they mention the word "marijuana", not being allowed to sell certain competitor products (like Advanced Nutrients) and so on.

Regardless of whatever other politics and business practices might be going on, that kind of behavior is just totally uncalled for. These hydro shops shouldn't have to play by anyone's rules but the local laws. That's just strong-arm bullying at it's worst.

There's a video on YouTube about this that one of the owners of Advanced Nutrients put out, but if you look around there's a lot more people getting stepped on by Sunlight Supply's attempt to control how the entire hydroponics industry is run.

For my part, I'm not going to buy anything they sell until they grow up and stop terrorizing shop owners. We need to work together, not against each other.

There are 2 sides to every story...don't fall for Advanced Nutrients propaganda...please...it's bad enough that they claim to be the best in the industry, so that they can justify charging outrageous prices for their product...But they have to pay their "scientists" somehow...lol. Most hydro stores in my area already ask you to leave if you say the magic word...and alot of them don't carry AN because they cater to mj growers, (it says sensi right on the bottle) remember most of the country is not even medicaly legal yet...I think Big Mike has his panties in a bunch because so many hydro shops aren't carrying his products, and Sunlight supply is makeing a killing, poor mike isn't getting his peice of the pie. So he has to point a finger at someone. Personaly I could care less about these companies...either one...although I do have a nice light by sunlight supply...lol

Oh yeah...no live links, don't any of you guys read the rules before you start posting???...lol

i was in my local hydro shop the other day and a middle aged man and his wife came in...somewhere durring the store guys sales pitch of a $600 light system, the guy mentioned that he was gonna grow some weed and they trew him and his wife out of the store...retarded for anouncing his true intentions but equally retarded to throw him out...unless they are just covering their asses like gas stations carding 60 year old men when buying beer.

i wonder if sunlight supply knows that 70% of their sales/products go towards growing squeef ?

PUFF MONKEY said:
i wonder if sunlight supply knows that 70% of their sales/products go towards growing squeef ?

I'm sure they do but they would Never admit it.

"P"

Damn...all **.

IE. A new shop opened in the Bay Area that CATERS to MJ growers. CATERS. They sell EVERYTHING. It is the size of a Home Depot.

They have classes on MJ growing. Dude is tryin' to get a license to sell herb too.

Sunlight is thier biggest supplier.

Big Mike is a clown.

This is so lame--the stuff's not even legal yet and the ***** fighting's started. This sort of behavior just begs for regulation, and we all know what regulation equals, right? Regulation equals revenue and enforcement.

Puff I have been asked to leave a store for talking about a medical expo that had happened in Detroit, I was not even talking to the sales clerks, but was talking to my GF, about a product that I saw at the expo. They told me I had to leave, but that I could come back tommorrow (LOL I give these folks alot of money) It's the city ordinance that they have to worry about I think. Much like head shops asking you to leave for the same reason...they know what you are buying a "water pipe" for, but if you call it a bong in my area you will be asked to leave the premises.

Latest posts

Back