Supersoil or Miracle Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. That sounds like a good feeding schedule. I have used bone meal in some of my outdoor grows and it worked out pretty well for me. Experimenting around with organic and nutes is great isn't it? Not sure which is superior or if either of them are superior to the other but thats the only way to find out. Thanks for clearing that up TGB. Take care all.

haha thanks for stopping in and backing me up about this TGB lol and im starting my mg grow in a day or two tgb just waiting for seeds to pop :)

i wouldnt recommend the soil to a novice.

4-5 ph is to low, around 6.5 is optimal for most strians. never used the other soil your talking about, but if its all organic i would use it. i wouldnt recommend any soil with added time released nutrients to any novice. some soils there are pellets and others there re liquid capsules. these inorganic nutes applied directly to roots will cause leaf problems later in growth.

ive seen the results from these soils and if it works for you then keep at it, but i find it is not worth using.

for alot of ppl MG is a touchy subject, but if you have good enough results with it currently- then dont change what you think is best.

that goes with anything really....

nice input TOA and yea im using the organic MG so we will see how i can tame this beast here ;)

I am 6 weeks into veg and recently figured out my plants are suffering from nitrogen toxicity. I have flushed them but Because I am using Miracle Gro soil (oh how I regret that) I fear that it will only speed up and release more. With any luck I can pull through this, but I'm not very optimistic. My question is, do you believe that taking my remaining Miracle Gro soil and blending it with perlite or some non-nute soil mix, say 50/50, will cut down on the nutes released from the Miracle Gro? What might I mix the MG with in order to better minimize the nutes released? I'm new here, this is my first post, and thanks in advance!

Hey guys,
I use PROMIX and fox farm soil with additives such as bone meal,castings etc...exclusively. I have used MG soil a few times and had success and failure.I have found that it works well to transplant but not very well to start.With the current mixes I use,I have not had any problems.I am very superstitious and will not deviate,although I am sure MG is fine to use for most people,I am just a stubborn fella stuck in his ways :D I just wish all the stuff I use was a little less expensive :p
GOOD LUCK TO ALL, stay cool

i used MG to grow ten Auto-AK47 plants and it worked fine but whatever works out best from the soil test your doing i would just stick with that.

I have never used anything but MG indoors, mg soil, mg veg fertz and GH organic flower fertz
no problems, taste grrrrreat,

thats my 2 ¢

For those of you who think that MG grows good cannabis, I invite you to visit california and sample some high grade organics.

From growers who laugh at MG grows.

If you cannot tell the difference, you are not a good judge of finished cannabis.

Period.

bottom line marijuana is completely different
than any other plant on the planet.
This being said, buy nutrients and soil that is MEANT
for cannabis. jmo

The Effen Gee said:
For those of you who think that MG grows good cannabis, I invite you to visit california and sample some high grade organics.

From growers who laugh at MG grows.

If you cannot tell the difference, you are not a good judge of finished cannabis.

Period.

i could careless what your "california growers" laugh at,
i know several experienced canadian growers, who swear by mg soil and veg fertz, no problems, great smoke.
and i do know good smoke, im not bragging i just know good smoke.

I mix up a combination of MG garden soil and MG potting soil and it’s a perfectly fine mixture. The MG garden soil gives the plants the right ph balance and the MG potting soil provides the proper moisture and nutes.

dman1234 said:
i could careless what your "california growers" laugh at,
i know several experienced canadian growers, who swear by mg soil and veg fertz, no problems, great smoke.
and i do know good smoke, im not bragging i just know good smoke.

no one ever said mg WONT work. Its made for typical house plants.
I think its good that you think highly of canadian people, as i am canadian and love my country. Although you have to realize theres experienced people on this site from all over the world. You think you know everything? Then get off the site, go try and grow in a dark corner somewhere, alone.

take it easy don i never said i know everything, i dont think i even implied it, i was responding to your comment.
re read your post, you told me i didnt know my bud and smoke, your the one that comes across as they know everything, now go to your room and only come out when yur ready to play nice.

Latest posts

Back