t8 flouros

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalejr13

Reaction score
well....after trying full spectrum cfls and getting crappy results, i decided to take an alternate route. i couldnt find any cfls within the spectrum so i went and got some regular flouros from lowes and after a nosey employee wanted to know why i was so specific to the lighting i decided to shove him outta the way and do it myself. i know t12's are better, but due to budget constraint i got 2-t8's 32w 2700 lumens apiece 6500k with reflector and ballast. got it all setup and after a weekend away im ready to start growing once again with new lighting. will t8 flouros work compared to t12's and if so how well? and when i add new lights to flower will i add the 2700k-3000k bulbs to the 6500k i have or just omit the old lighting and add the new? thanks guys!

will t8 flouros work compared to t12's and if so how well?
As long as it's the right spec and you have enough lumens i'm sure any fluoro will work.
when i add new lights to flower will i add the 2700k-3000k bulbs to the 6500k i have or just omit the old lighting and add the new?
Either way will work. I use the whole spectrum the whole grow;).

What is the rite spectrum for flouros and wat does the K mean? Also does ne1 know the correct lumen ratio for space?

when it comes to floro tubes, the strongest light point is in the middle. t12's are actually a more original light from the old days. they've improved their tubes alot since then...best out is the t5 models, your 2700 to 3000k are your best tubes for the blooming stage. 6500k is you "cool" blue (vegitation) stage. the "k" on it represents the kelvin scale...i dont know exactly what the scale is, just seen it written somewhere. you dont have to buy a special unit to run the t5's, and you can put them puppy's to work nice and close...i always run a fan and have not burnt any plants from an inch or so away. thats the same way with cfl's...nice and cool...i also have a 500 watt cfl 6500k, but cant find the 2700k one that'll fit it. hope that helps, if not...blame the stoner.

Yeah i've had these plant flouro lights with a wide spectrum from the start but while i was shoppin for other thigns at lowes realized these bulbs arent wat we should have been using. Before today i had 3 4ft fixtures where the bulbs only had 1600 lumens in a 3'x4' room and just added a 4th fixture tonite and i am getting 8 new flouros tomm which should put a nice dent in my pocket but have a lot more lihgt. So from my research i believe i am looking for a bulb with 6000 lumens each and about 5000-6500k.

octobong007 said:
when it comes to floro tubes, the strongest light point is in the middle. t12's are actually a more original light from the old days. they've improved their tubes alot since then...best out is the t5 models, your 2700 to 3000k are your best tubes for the blooming stage. 6500k is you "cool" blue (vegitation) stage. the "k" on it represents the kelvin scale...i dont know exactly what the scale is, just seen it written somewhere. you dont have to buy a special unit to run the t5's, and you can put them puppy's to work nice and close...i always run a fan and have not burnt any plants from an inch or so away. thats the same way with cfl's...nice and cool...i also have a 500 watt cfl 6500k, but cant find the 2700k one that'll fit it. hope that helps, if not...blame the stoner.

My T5's are alot smaller in diamiter to my T12's. I had to order a T5 light setup for my T5's???

Latest posts

Back