Taking a trip to Amsterdam, trying to do it cheap. Any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
parkingjoe said:
well i reckon we should all meet up in amsterdam as its only 45 minutes flying from my local airport..

lol

timmy give me some indication of your budget for flights and accomodation and ill see what i can find for you as i know amsterdam pretty well now.

saying that i do tend to like some luxury when im in the dam

rofl

pkj

Haha... we must have the exact same local airport then... 45 mins for me too!

SHHHHH!

Thanks bro, ill check it out.. And let me know if you get anyother good info in bro...
benamucc said:
timmy, i'm plannin a trip right now too. if you've never checked out the "Lonely Planet" travel guides you really should. They always have alot of good info for us American's that can keep you out of trouble!!

As a side note, I traveled the Carribean for 3 winters on MANY islands. EVERYONE says their s*** is Jamacian...only ever got descent stuff when I met a cool local. It's there, but unless you really KNOW them you'll get the dirt 9 times out of 10...cuz they're more than happy to take your american tourist dollars.

Iv thoght about flying to a local city but most flights that leave way over here wont go there...

where did i say amsterdam is better then jamaica weed there totally different bro... i was simply suggesting it would be alot more for you money to go to jamaica. so instead i got bombared about how amsterdams better i did not say jamaicas better at all i said is its some fine herb for no lights, ferts, and what not and a fraction of the cost to amsterdam an some fine chicks with tans... they both know what theyre doing very well and shouldent diss eather country as they both known for the fine herbs... also if you do get a bad batch of bud in jamaica make hash outta of it, it was only 20 bucks for a half pound anyway.. just my opinion...

sounds decent... what'chyer planning... :cool:

know what I'd do?... check out some travel agencies and see what they'd do... then do it on yer own... couldn't hurt... just a thought

see what's available, right?

sshhhhhhhhhhhhhh:p

few airports in the uk though man:D

anyway back to timmy man 1.5-2k usa $ ya would have some trip man in more ways than one with that amount of money to spend.

ok dude try continental for flights as they have routes to all major destinations.

you wouldnt even have to pre book a hotel or whatever if you go non peak season as there are thousands of places to stay.

what month you thinking of going and ill try and sort ya some decent prices/places.

either way man you in for the time of your life so long as you steer clear of those dirty touting crack/coke sellers on most street corners in the main coffee shop areas:eek:.

dont even reply to them when they try to talk to ya man play the foreigner me no understand thing:hubba::p

pkj

Well it's about $1200 for airfare to London, and about $1500 for airfare directly to Amsterdam. I'd reckon that if you flew to London, and took the train to Amsterdam that would save you at least a hundred bucks right there.

if your flying from the states plan to book waayyyyyy in advance to try and get it cheep. maybe an underbooked flight when your ready to go may pop up while standing in the airport?

goodluck!

I was thinking October-December would be nice if i had the money saved.. And to go on a Wed and return the following wed. All the flights from here are about $890.00 after taxes. I just want to have everything planed way ahead so when its ti Alme to go i know exactly how to fill my stay there.. Also about how much is the weed, hotels,..... There??.

parkingjoe said:
sshhhhhhhhhhhhhh:p

few airports in the uk though man:D

anyway back to timmy man 1.5-2k usa $ ya would have some trip man in more ways than one with that amount of money to spend.

ok dude try continental for flights as they have routes to all major destinations.

you wouldnt even have to pre book a hotel or whatever if you go non peak season as there are thousands of places to stay.

what month you thinking of going and ill try and sort ya some decent prices/places.

either way man you in for the time of your life so long as you steer clear of those dirty touting crack/coke sellers on most street corners in the main coffee shop areas:eek:.

dont even reply to them when they try to talk to ya man play the foreigner me no understand thing:hubba::p

pkj

given a choice ya want to go directly to the dam man getting off at london the getting train man do you know how much trains cost in the u.k. flights are not that much more expensive yet a bit quicker.

go direct timmy do not pass go.

so just type in hotels in amsterdam and ya will be amazed but before ya book let us all know what hotel ya considering as ive been to quite a few and tons of mates too so maybe can cast some light on good/bad hotel and good/bad area.

laters timmy

pkj

yes i agree with toa book well in advance for best savings on flights its just too risky just waiting about at airport for unbooked seats as ya wishing ya holiday away if nowt appears.

pkj

Hey Timmy-
One option is a group thing- check out this link from a radio station in Providence, RI. I know the cost is pretty decent and the whole trip is about the herb, so you'd be going with a group of like minded people. Here's the link:
hxxp://www.whjy.com/pages/AmsterdamCharles.html
(replace the xx with tt).
My son went last year on his own and did it on the cheap. You can fly into anywhere in Europe (continental) and take the train to Amsterdam. Only thing is, you can't take anything out of Holland because they have dogs on the trains when you cross the border- he wasn't carrying anything- just spent some time in the coffee shops- and he got searched head to toe.
He stayed in hostels for about 10 to 25 euros a night- he had a blast. Good luck man- I'd say you've earned some R+R after the events you went through. Take Care. BB.

Yeah i looked into the hole "fly somewhere else and take a train" but after i added it up it was cheaper for me to just fly there. I think Berlin Germany was one of the cheapest places i could find to fly to. And i don't know why its cheaper then flying to Amsterdam. They make a stop in Amsterdam on the way... Its funny.. But yeah i think it will cost me around 900 for round trip tickets. But hay, can you get me the name of the hotel he stayed at? And when they searched him, the dogs don't go crazy for the smell on him
?
BBFan said:
Hey Timmy-
One option is a group thing- check out this link from a radio station in Providence, RI. I know the cost is pretty decent and the whole trip is about the herb, so you'd be going with a group of like minded people. Here's the link:
hxxp://www.whjy.com/pages/AmsterdamCharles.html
(replace the xx with tt).
My son went last year on his own and did it on the cheap. You can fly into anywhere in Europe (continental) and take the train to Amsterdam. Only thing is, you can't take anything out of Holland because they have dogs on the trains when you cross the border- he wasn't carrying anything- just spent some time in the coffee shops- and he got searched head to toe.
He stayed in hostels for about 10 to 25 euros a night- he had a blast. Good luck man- I'd say you've earned some R+R after the events you went through. Take Care. BB.

Hi Timmy....sign up for all the airline newsletters....you will be alerted to all special fares...about 6 months ago delta had fares from their hub cities for $192 each way....I don't remember what the restrictions were exactly...just that you have to travel within the time period given.

I have flown into London, cheap fares always seem to be had, and then taken a local carrier flight to amsterdam. I have only traveled there in Oct/Nov if you can be somewhat flexible in your travel dates...hotwire.com has some decent pricing last minute...used them last year...great direct delta flight and was very happy with the hotel.....priceline name your own price, if
you don't mind layovers.

Make sure to utilize the train at the AMS airport as a cab will set you back several grams! and depending on what time you arrive the traffic could be hellious. Exchange rates for money can very place to place, I have found the american express shops to be fair.

LOL, most importantly, there are different lanes on the roadways for the bikes, trains and walkers. The first time I went it is a miracle I wasn't killed! Those trains are way too quiet.

Have a great time!!

LuLu

Hiya Timmy
This is weed I bought last year in the dam. One was 10 euros and one was 12 euros forgive me for not remembering which was which but it was a year ago and I was sooo high I cannot remember! :holysheep: LOL

When you go into a coffeeshop just ask for a menu just like in a restaurant ;)
Have a good time and a safe trip!! :D

DamWeed1.jpg

DamWeed2.jpg

Bella420 said:
Hiya Timmy
This is weed I bought last year in the dam. One was 10 euros and one was 12 euros forgive me for not remembering which was which but it was a year ago and I was sooo high I cannot remember! :holysheep: LOL

Wow, I really can't wait to go to Amsterdam! Gawsh. Such service. :cool:

Nice, what you got there? an 1/8th and a 1/4?
Bella420 said:
Hiya Timmy

Latest posts

Back