Taking Clones at 5 week flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDISGUD

yes it is
Reaction score
iv seen a couple of posts that say you can take clones from flowering plants,mine are at around 5 weeks flower,wich would be the best part of the plant too take for a clone as all the ends etc have buds on ? :)

At week 5, your plant's in motion to make flowers. Success of rooting would depend on how tempermental your strain is (for rooting), also your strain, as indicas and sativas are on different time clocks before the end, and conditions.

It would not be my choice to try to root at week 5, but it sounds like you have no choice.

I would say pick a nice healthy couple of cuttings around 4" to 5" long. Top or midway down the plant. Lower cuttings may work, but they might be light starved, and may not have enough stored energy to stop flowering, and make roots. Use root hormone, and give it the same conditions as a normal clone or cutting for rooting. Optimum temperature would be around 80 deg F. Below 70 degrees with an already stressed cutting in flower my keep it or them from rooting.

Didn't mean to get long winded. Good luck.

No need for two of the same posts man...... Things are cluttered around here as it is

sorrrrrrrrrry guys it must have happened when i posted it as it said server busy when i tried posting,hadnt realised it had posted twice,can a mod delete one of them please as iv got my answer anyhow :)

No biggy man, next time just edit one of them directing them to the most popular thread so nobody is taking there time to answer a question someone has already given. Just when I hadn't seen the Server Busy screen too.... hadn't seen it in so long I forgot it existed.... So like a week :p

Latest posts

Back