Technical question for Experts!

SmokeStar21

Reaction score
I have a fan and it pushes out 72/cubic feet of air per minute. That is way above what the formula calls for(length x volume x height of the grow room =total volume in cubic feet) "The fan should be able to replace the air in the grow room every 5 minutes." My grow area is 70 cubic feet. I read that it is 4 times harder to push air(say thru a air duct) than to push it through a 1'' thick door. See I just had a fan mounted to the inside of my door pushing air out. Now I want to redirect the air out my window through air ducting. It is sixteen feet from the closet to the window. So the question I have for you think tanks is how powerful does the fan need to be now that I have to reroute the air. Or will The one I currently own suffice?

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
ok your dealing with "Static Pressure". Each fan has that amount listed. Are you pushing through a carbon scrubber or just duct? Also what is the diameter of the duct? They also make "in-line duct fans". These are designed to work with ducts. Here is a pic of one. (home depot 30 bucks). I got one similar @ 120CFMs and pushes the air though a duct through a homeade carbon filter fine.

066028000033_4.jpg

GanjaGuru

Reaction score
I like to exchange air about 5x more than that formula.

The easiest way to do this is with an INTAKE as well as exhaust fan. So there is a constant light breeze going on.

2 fans working in concert should provide enough power to send the exhausted air through ducting.

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
smokestar..check the OG FAQ's. There "used" to be a section with a 'formula' covering loss of effeciency due to corners, distance, ect. I had it saved somewhere, sometime back, but don't find it now.

Latest posts