temp pissing me off!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ytrew

Reaction score
I have a tent grow (hydro hut 2x4) and the temp between the lights and the plants run 88! The light is about 5 inches above the plants. i have a hi output 2x4 floresent fixture with 8 tubes in it. they run very cool, i can put my hand on the bulb with no problems! i put a portable a/c in the room with a duct running directly on the light fixture! the water temp is running 75. the tent has a squirrel cage removing the exhaust and a fan inside moving air. the closest where the tent is has a temp of 73!What the ****! Help! i dont know what else i can do!

2x4hydrhut.gif

Even with a portable a/c unit the temp didnt drop? Is you system Hydro or Soil? If Hydro that water temp needs to come down some too. How big are the intake and exhaust fans and what CFM are they running? We will get to the bottom of this, we just need to go over all the details. Is the Hydro Hut in a closet with the doors closed?

i will upload some pics in 15 minutes.

the closet these are in is 5 foot by5 foot by 7 1/2 high. since i started this grow thing i got upwards of 3,000 in it. i am so pissed and discouraged. please help!

PA184620.JPG

PA184621.JPG

PA184622.JPG

PA184623.JPG

PA184625.JPG

PA184624.JPG

PA184626.JPG

i beleive the exhaust is 400 cfm, the hydro shop set me up with everything i needed. they told me that when the tent is closed that it pulls air in from the sides and bottom, it was supposed to keep the inside temp 2-3 degrees above the the temp in the room. i added the intake which is the a/c ran on high. yes it is in a closet and the door is closed.

Did I understand you to say that your a/c is running in the closet ? Forgive me, I am certain that I got something confused here cause that would be the reason for the temp issues right off the bat. a/c units throw a whole lot of heat just from the condenser alone, not to mention the inside fan of the unit. But naw, I'm certain that I read that wrong, straighten me out would ya ?

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

yes it is in the closet, see the duct, the condensor exhaust through the duct, it is a portable unit. The reason i put in there is because of the heat issue, it did bring it down 5 degrees.

Someone Help!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!1

Someone Help!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have 2 of the 4x4 tents with a 1000 in each and they stay 78 degrees but they are air cooled. Anyway dont put the a/c in the closet, it will heat it up for sure. If the temps are running 88 then the simple thing would be to use co2, 88 is perfect with co2. The temp in the res. need to be mid 60s, so freeze water bottles and drop a few in when the lights come on, and during the cycle. Also if you are vegging them turn them to 18/6 if they are on 24/0and that will give them a break. If you can make the ambient temp of the room outside the tent as cool as possible then a small intake fan will do the trick. Hope this helps GL

I Have A Co2 Tank From An Old Beer Meister, How Do I Do It? Just Turn It On For A Blast Once A Day, Turn All Vents Off For Maybe 10 Minutes? I Just Turned The A/c Off, It Was Hot Toward The Top Of The Room 93. The Ice Thing Seems To Be A Pain, I Cant Watch It All Day Long, Any Other Suggestions?

Damn right the ice thing is a bi***. I am getting a water cooler but they are expensive and I haven't found one that you can use with less than 40 gal res and looks like you have 20s. The ice works trust me, put a lot in when the lights come on and you wont have to for a while. If you dont cool it they wont grow, at all! You dont have to watch it all the time, when you are there throw some ice in, it saved my last grow. The beer meister thing I think you just need to get a regulator, dont just guess without a meter to measure it. An enviroment contoller sounds like youy best bet if you can afford it

actually each unit holds 4 gallons.
now the a/c is off and the temp at the light/plant area is 96.
F***!
the hydro shop said just keep the water temp below 80 and i would be fine. is this true. water temp is 78
I will look into getting that system.

No 65 degrees, 65. Unless you are cloning then its 80 degrees. Jorge said 60-65 in the growers guide, my water is 63 and they are blowing up. I think you have the fan set up wrong I cant tell is that a carbon filter in the room?

yes it is a carbon filter, this is what they set me up with at the hydro shop

It looks like the carbon filter exhausts into the closet.? You need to just a/c the room outside the closet and intake into the closet. 98 degrees will kill them soon turn the lights off til you figure it out.

no the carbon is in the tent which is the intake and then it exhaust to the attic.

i just opened the one door of the tent and i have the a/c blowing directly in there, it's came down to 88 and is falling. The reason i got the tent is to have all the smell contained, now the door is open and im afraid of the smell.
what a mess!

Latest posts

Back