Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we were on the last spot of the 2nd page of the Indoor Growing section. completely unacceptable my fellow tenters :mad: grrrrrrrr

gotta do the :bump::bump: to get us back on top ;)

I am getting ready to order tent and equipment so I can get into this club! I need some help and guidance though. For reference, I'm interested in growing autos.

I decided to order a 2x4x5 tent and a (htg) 400W conversion light with remote ballast. I am having trouble deciding on the ventilation. I could use a 4" or 6" inline fan to pull heat from the tent or directly inline with the bulb. Does pulling heat from the bulb increase bulb life? One of my concerns is noise...what would be quieter, a 4" or a 6"? HTG also has what they call "inline duct fans" with a fan built into a piece of duct. They are not as powerful, but they might do the job for cheaper, any ideas on those? I will probably just use passive inlets unless I find there to be need later on. I will probably throw something little in there to help circulation as well. I'm looking for the cheap and quiet solution.

I think I want odor control, so I will probably order a carbon filter. Is a carbon filter overkill with this size of a tent, is it possible to just vent the exhaust through Bounce dryer sheets?

How many pots/plants should I be looking at to avoid overcrowding? I'm a newb, not sure what to expect even after staring at all the pictures here.

Anything else I should think about equipping my tent with?

sunwize ganjee said:
I am getting ready to order tent and equipment so I can get into this club! I need some help and guidance though. For reference, I'm interested in growing autos.

I decided to order a 2x4x5 tent and a (htg) 400W conversion light with remote ballast. I am having trouble deciding on the ventilation. I could use a 4" or 6" inline fan to pull heat from the tent or directly inline with the bulb. Does pulling heat from the bulb increase bulb life? One of my concerns is noise...what would be quieter, a 4" or a 6"? HTG also has what they call "inline duct fans" with a fan built into a piece of duct. They are not as powerful, but they might do the job for cheaper, any ideas on those? I will probably just use passive inlets unless I find there to be need later on. I will probably throw something little in there to help circulation as well. I'm looking for the cheap and quiet solution.

Hi there Sunwize. I use two 2'X4'X5' tents myself. I have a couple of the 4" duct style fans that you speak of. They do not move much air. I use them to blow some air into the tent. I use a 6" 435CFM blower to pull air through a carbon filter then through my 400 watt cool tube, then through ducting and out of the tent. I definitely recommend a carbon filter. I went without for a round, and I could not cover the smell with plug-in air freshners in every room, and incense burning constantly. With the fan: It's not the noise of the fan so much, but rather the sound of air movement. My 6" is as quiet as the small duct style fans to be honest. I run the 6" blower on a fan controller, so I can control the air flow, also controlling sound levels. Look into Soler and Palau fans if sound is a major concern, I've read a lot about em, and they are supposedly one of the quietest on the market. I would recommend also going with 6" fan run on a controller versus a 4" inch fan. The decibel ratings on the same model fan are virtually the same between 4" and 6". You may want to do more in the future, and it's easier if you go with 6". Hope this helps some.
BTW, dryer sheets aint gonna cut it!

Thanks for info! I will probably go with the 6 incher after reading that.

I can't wait to get a whiff of how stinky these plants are! :holysheep:

sunwize ganjee said:

I think I want odor control, so I will probably order a carbon filter. Is a carbon filter overkill with this size of a tent, is it possible to just vent the exhaust through Bounce dryer sheets?

How many pots/plants should I be looking at to avoid overcrowding? I'm a newb, not sure what to expect even after staring at all the pictures here.

Anything else I should think about equipping my tent with?

Definately check out the grow journal in my sig, my setup might help you out with what you are trying to plan. 8 plants is almost crowding up my tent because the himalayan blue diesels and the mystery hindu kush are getting bushy. I have a 2x4x5 tent with a 400w hps with just the normal htg maxwing reflector, so i have a $20 turbo fan you can find at target on the ground in the tent blowing up towards the light to get airflow over it. not as efficient as a cooltube but its doing the trick. I also have one of the turbo fans sitting on top of my tent blowing air into it as a little intake air to help balance out the 4" fan and filter exhaust setup i got (the combo from htg)

sunwize ganjee said:
Thanks for info! I will probably go with the 6 incher after reading that.

I can't wait to get a whiff of how stinky these plants are! :holysheep:

I use 6" ducting. My set up starts with a can 33 filter which connects to my 400w light with ducted reflector then thru a 6" 165 cfm inline fan, then out the top of my tent.

Hello fellow tent growers. I have a question about humidity in my tent. I live in the desert region where we have very low humidity. Currently in my 2X4X5 tent my humidity staying about 56%. Is that too high? What % do you guys have in your tents? What do you do to keep it in check? I am running a 400 watt cool tube with a 365CFM blower. Temps are great running between 72-78. Any input is appreciated.

erwinsweeney said:
Hello fellow tent growers. I have a question about humidity in my tent. I live in the desert region where we have very low humidity. Currently in my 2X4X5 tent my humidity staying about 56%. Is that too high? What % do you guys have in your tents? What do you do to keep it in check? I am running a 400 watt cool tube with a 365CFM blower. Temps are great running between 72-78. Any input is appreciated.

Are you in flower or veg? I only worry about humidity during flowering...under 50 and I am happy....

Hamster Lewis said:
Are you in flower or veg? I only worry about humidity during flowering...under 50 and I am happy....

Hi HL. I am vegging under MH. I transplanted a few days ago and wet the soil really good when I did, so maybe it will dry out some? Like I said, I live in the desert, and 20% outside is very high.

erwinsweeney said:
Hi HL. I am vegging under MH. I transplanted a few days ago and wet the soil really good when I did, so maybe it will dry out some? Like I said, I live in the desert, and 20% outside is very high.

I wld not sweat it right now...If you were in the middle of flowering it wld be a different story...and even then 56% is not that bad...you just don't want bud rot or mold issues...

Hamster Lewis said:
I wld not sweat it right now...If you were in the middle of flowering it wld be a different story...and even then 56% is not that bad...you just don't want bud rot or mold issues...

Thanks Hamster. Yeah, def don't want any mold! I will let it go for a while, if it stays up there later in flower, I will have to make change. Heck, I moved away from the state you live just to get away from that humidity s**t!! I imagine you have your battles with it from time to time. Thanks.

Welcome to our latest member Quiet Dez...QD the list of taken numbers is listed in the first post of this thread...let me know what number you wld like...welcome

Hamster Lewis said:
Welcome to our latest member Quiet Dez...QD the list of taken numbers is listed in the first post of this thread...let me know what number you wld like...welcome

I would request # 28.

Thank you.

Here's what we've got going so far.

tent is a Secret Jardin DR100L - 3.3x3.3x6
a 4" and a 6" fan
400W's of light

Plus a fun meter. :):)

EasyRyder2010-02-28.JPG

EasyRyder2010-02-28_2.JPG

Quiet Dez said:
I would request # 28.

Thank you.

28 it is QD....nice clean set up...looks like you cld perform surgery in there...:)

Quiet Dez ,
Looks very sturdy, Is the interior some sort of Metal? Anyways really nice grow fortress... because tent doesn't really cut it at that grade. :D

Yeah it looks like you cld get in and blast off to the moon...very nice..Secret Jardin tents are like exotic cars...:)my tents are like Ford Focus'

Latest posts

Back