Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my tent is up and running now. I posted a grow journal.

Herm said:

Yeah I saw that...nice clean set up. Welcome to tent growing.:)

Herm said:

What brand of tent do you have?
And how do you like it?

Looks like a nice tent.:aok:

I got a Grolab 145. I really like it so far it looks like I should be able to get some production out of it.

This is day 13 of my first tent grow (first grow at all). This is a Vanilla Kush - it is the plant at the back left position. The leaves have brown spots on them. No other plants are showing these spots - yet. I've been watering every day with a very diluted "Tea" as described in the Coco Bucket thread. I'm using about 15 cups water to 1 cup of the tea. For light I'm using a 400W MH Conversion bulb in an air-cooled hood that is approximately 14 inches above the plants. Am I burning the plant with nutes or maybe the lamp is too close? Is there something else going on?

Thanks for the help!
:farm:

IMG_3077.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

If you are watering everyday I am guessing you are watering to much.

I do water every day - the peat cups are only 4 inches tall - if I wait until the second day to water, the soil is bone dry - I thought it was bad to let the roots go completely dry?

Help?

They look overwatered in the photos.

I'm in tiny 2" cups for my seedlings and have extremely low humidity and still go 2-3 days before completely dry. And yes IMO they should go pretty dry before watering again. I water by weight of the pots, never fails. There's a sticky on the wet/dry cycle somewhere on here

What's your temps?

Yeah I wld agree with them looking a lil over watered....I like to let the soil get dry on the top to where it is almost cracking. I think I read something about it being good for them to hve to send their roots searching for water. So a good wet dry cycle is a big plus for good growth IMO.

Wow! My Bad!! I'll let them go longer before watering.

Thanks so much for the quick replies!!

Love this this place!!

OK - Here we are at day 16 - I have stopped watering every day, and have gone to every other day. I also stopped feeding with the diluted "Tea" and will only use water until I transplant these gals. But, as of today, 4 of the 5 still look terrible! The one nice looking girl is the "Sour Kush" and was not affected at all. Looking at the pics do you still think I was over-watering? Am I going to lose these plants or do you think they will make it?

Thanks again!

Sour Kush Day 16.JPG

Vanilla Kush 1 Day 16.JPG

Vanilla Kush 2 Day 16.JPG

Viper Day 16.JPG

Trans Love Day 16.JPG

bubba902 said:
Ooooh man, What kinda soil is that?

looks like MG to me... but what is it they are started in also, some kinda a mix there i can see

why start any sort of nutes at that age may i ask? especially in prenuted soil

sour kush is a heavy feeder, and resistant to heavy nutes to a point.

Tell me they are not in an Miracle Grow time release soil and you hve been feeding them with a tea? That soil looks rough bro. Kinda barky for my taste. Reminds me of that MG Organic soil. I use MG Seed Starter which is pretty much plain un-nuted soil. It has a lil something to promote root growth but thats it. I hve gone 3 weeks from seed without feeding in that soil. 2 weeks is the norm. Not a good idea to feed seedlings let alone seedlings in "hot soil".

Sorry to interrupt the growing questions... I just thought I'd ask the resident tent aficionados if you guys think that the Secret Jardin Darkroom II Twin DRT90 would be a good idea for a perpetual, small growth?

-> hxxp://secretjardin.com/~secretja/en/grow-tent-secret-jardin/dark-room-twin-grow-tent-secret-jardin.html

My plan would be HO T5's in the top, with a 400w HPS on the bottom, but would this be a good idea for turnaround growth or is the space up top too tiny? I'd also plan to only grow about 2-3 plants in the bottom area to flower, with some SCROGing to increase yield (hopefully). I'm completely new to this and I'm in the piecing-it-all-together stage. :/

I'm willing to patiently wait and save for the right things to make this personal grow room fantastic. So, I guess... That's not as big of a concern as space availability and I can't dedicate a room to a grow space (nor could I afford a severe spike in the electricity bill).

Sulfur ( Sulpher) burner in a tent?. 4x4 tent with powdery mildew. Dont have burner yet. What would you do for a sulfer burn in your tent with light off?

You guys know your soil! It is Miracle Grow Potting Soil. It was in the basement, so I used it. Once the seeds sprouted, I put them into the plugs from this "Seed Starter Pack" I received for free with an order I placed, hXXp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-6-Pack-Seed-Starter.asp
Then I put the plugs into the potting soil. At day 10 I started watering with the diluted "Tea" recipe which was made as:
2c mushroom compost, 2c kelp, 2tsp fish emulsion, 2Tbls molasses, .5tsp Epsom salt, 2 gal water.
For feeding I used about 2 cups tea with 1 gal of water.

Feb 3rd was last time I fed with the tea. I'm now watering every other day.

There may be hope yet! The Viper and Trans Love both have some new growth that is healthy looking and a deep green color. The two Vanilla Kush plants look like they may have just a tiny little bit of new green showing.

Should I try to re-pot these plants into something else? Should I remove the "plugs" from around the stems? I have an unopened bag of Roots Organics Original Potting Soil, should I try to transplant into this for now, before I put the plants into their coco buckets?

Thank you again for the help

Latest posts

Back