Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hamholfarm said:
We've made it to day 27. The four that were replanted are still pretty small. The one I did not transplant is the Sour Kush, and it is doing well. The Vanilla Kush No 1, and the Viper are really struggling. Are these gals going to get with the program, or am I wasting my time with them?

Thanks for the help, and looking in!
:farm:

root issues. they may not make it. hope for the best, make sure your giving them a good dry cycle for awhile to help, then a good water cycle thatll last a few days and repeat.

what is happening the plant is eating itself instead of getting it from the soil.

what kind of soil is it, it may not of been draining well rotting the root? some seedlings just dont make it, my blueberry gum didnt make it and was looking like yours (stunted growth, yellowing of leaves) (roots never formed/grew). but to see it on more than one at once something is wrong and is not the seed.

good luck to you.

Hey PNugs - if you go back to post 706 you will see where I first started posting about my problems. In short, I had unknowingly planted my sprouts in hot MG soil - posted here, received feedback - transplanted 4 of 5 into new soil. Now you're up to date.

Thanks,
:watchplant:

should i just give up? idk whats going on. i havent feed it nutes in over a week, omy water

Photo on 2012-02-22 at 17.18.jpg

Photo on 2012-02-22 at 17.19.jpg

GrowLikeU said:
should i just give up? idk whats going on. i havent feed it nutes in over a week, omy water
Don't give up on them :eek: I don't think that is nute burn. To me that looks more like nitrogen lockout most likely from PH being off. What kind of soil are they in? What are you feeding them when you feed? How fast does the water go in and through? They could be rootbound and are not able to get the nutes they need because of it.

Hey Multifarious; you got some good looking girls there. :D Nice work on the bondage. It looks like you supercropped them 6-8 times before they reached flower. How long did you veg them if you don't mind my asking? :)

Very impressive Multi so much so i think you should do a dIAry/thread on exactly what/how you do your above stuff for us idjuts and it could be a 'sticky' possibly.
T4

Time4Plan-B said:
Very impressive Multi so much so i think you should do a dairy/thread on exactly what/how you do your above stuff for us idjuts and it could be a 'sticky' possibly.
T4

I have to agree with T4. You could just give us a look around :rolleyes:. All that know-how ... Me want a little also :p:D

Lol it just didnt click what you were on about
Ven i luked again and sawed mi reel baad spelink.
Lol
T4

Hushpuppy said:
Don't give up on them :eek: I don't think that is nute burn. To me that looks more like nitrogen lockout most likely from PH being off. What kind of soil are they in? What are you feeding them when you feed? How fast does the water go in and through? They could be rootbound and are not able to get the nutes they need because of it.

im using FFOF. I feed them Pure Blend PRO grow (veg form) but i havent fed them this in 2wks bcuz i figured it was nute burn. in two plants, when i water them, it pour out the bottom fairly fast one takes a min to pour thru. I've only been feeding it water for bout two wks When i was using nutes I did a schedule like: MON-water, TUE-no water,WED- nutes, THU-no water, FRI-water, SAT-no water, SUN-nutes... etc

What do u think i can do. its like all my fan leaves are starting to yellow, then brown, then crumble and die.

In the pics it looked like it was only the lower leaves that were browning. Typically nute burn will show on most of the leaves all the way up the plant and it will start at the very points of the leaf tips and work inward with less initial yellowing. If the leaves are yellowing first across the leaves then browning, and it is occuring only on the lower leaves then that is typically something out of wack, like PH. Also you said that when you water, it runs through pretty fast, that tells me that they have used up the soil nutes and filled the containers with so much root mass that the soil can't hold the water and nutes to keep them from getting deficient.

If I am not seeing them correctly and they do have typical nute burn then it will take a while for them to recover. since you have cut out the nutes and are just giving them water for 2 weeks the overnuting should be corrected. If they are in enough soil (the FFOF is pretty hot) then you souldn't have to feed them pretty much throughout veg. If you have been feeding them from the beginning then it is a good chance that they are nute burning or the ph is getting way off. either way a good flush would ensure that any extra nutes is out of the containers and you can see what the ph is at the samne time.

I am honestly not sure which it is, but I would start with PH as that is most often a common problem. If you don't have one then you need to get an accurate ph tester, then ph neutral about 1/4-1/2 gal of water(adjust it to 7.0) then set the plant container in a bucket, of plastic tote or something that will allow the plant to sit in the water that you pour onto the plant. Then slowly add your water until it runs through and fills the container enough to come about a quarter to half way up the container. Try to find a container that is just a little bigger than the plant container so that the plant isn't swimming in a gallon of water. A quart is ok. Let it sit for about 1hr then test the ph of the water.

If the ph is outside of the range of 6.5-7.5 then that is a problem. may not be the problem but is a problem that has to be corrected. At that point you will want to flush the soil by pouring(slowly) 1-2gallons of straight water through the planters and let it drain to waste. Then get 1 quart of water or the normal amount that you water with and add a minimum amount of nutes to it and adjust the ph to 7.0 and slowly pour into the plant(s), let drain and then let dry out for a couple days.

If the plant IS root bound you can either transplant them to bigger planters with new soil added or you can just feed them with ph ballanced solution each time you water. I think all my info is correct here. I am not a soil guy so if any soil folks see something that I am incorrect about please correct me so we can get these girls back to healthy :)

do i have to go to the store to buy some ph solution to make it ph correctly?

Would a 600W light be overkill for a 4x2 tent? Or would a 400W do the job?I'll be getting the tent soon and want to make sure I'm not going to be like "I should have gotten the 600W".

400 w hps will be fine dude but a 600w hps would be better.
T4

oldsman said:
Would a 600W light be overkill for a 4x2 tent? Or would a 400W do the job?I'll be getting the tent soon and want to make sure I'm not going to be like "I should have gotten the 600W".

i have a 4x2 and feel its underlit with a 400watt so i run a 600watt in it. gets hard to keep cool in the summer, but managable

A 400w hps is sufficient for 9sq ft and a 600w hps for about 16sq ft but its massively dependent on the reflector used.
T4

Alrighty then,I see a 600w cool tube in my future.Thanks

oldsman said:
Alrighty then,I see a 600w cool tube in my future.Thanks

Cooltubes r junk imo. Jus get a nice aircooled reflector.

Latest posts

Back