Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D Great job, multi. Wish I could have helped you with the trim. How fun would that have been..;)

Wow they are bigger than i imagined Multi id err on side of 6+ per plant.
Nice haul but still say they dont too solid.
T4

Lol 10 weeks n 5 days wow thats a long flower time anyways looking nice n denserer.
Lol
T4

Hi Tenters,

My tent in the closet makes the guest room hot. It has not been vented yet. Does this sound right to you: If I run ducting from the tent to the ceiling and put a hole in the ceiling with an inline fan in the attic, is that a good thing or is that overkill for the t5's I am using.
I just leave the closet doors open until I have company coming, and I do, so I have to vent the tent better. HELP PLEASE.

Thanks guys. I love the tent.

Rosebud said:
Hi Tenters,

My tent in the closet makes the guest room hot. It has not been vented yet. Does this sound right to you: If I run ducting from the tent to the ceiling and put a hole in the ceiling with an inline fan in the attic, is that a good thing or is that overkill for the t5's I am using.
I just leave the closet doors open until I have company coming, and I do, so I have to vent the tent better. HELP PLEASE.

Rose I always worry about venting air into the attic....is there a way you can tie into something in the attic to actually vent the hot air out the roof? I am no contractor so all my concerns cld be for nothing.

The roof has vents. That is where our bathroom fan goes. I don't think it is vented outside... What is your worry Hamster? Tell me. I ask Mr rb if he would put a hole in the floor, he said no. So I don't know what else to do.

Rosebud said:
Hi Tenters,

Duct it right to the gable vents in the attic so the hot air goes directly outside.

My worry is mold in your attic....I wld do like Nchef said. It's not like you are running a grow show like NorCalHal so I am probably worrying about nothing. Plus it's T5's and not an HPS but if you do it right now then down the road if you need to vent a hotter light or more light you wld already be covered.

Thanks for the information. Its a good set-up. Hope it will work.

.I saw in one of the magazines they are selling pre-made set ups like you just described.

can someone direct me to where i can find pix of TENT in flower. Im trying to get an idea of what it should look like. This is my first grow in im getting ready to flip them. I kind of need a visual or something.

thnx

here is my tent. im trying to build the flower tent.
I want to put out an idea and maybe u guys could tell me if it would be a proper set up.

on the left side of the reflector i would have ducting which will connect to my filter. on the right side i would ducting connect to my 6' inline fan which would sit outside the tent on the top and ducting connected to that going out the window....

please offer me some insight!

Photo on 2012-03-18 at 10.10.jpg

Photo on 2012-03-18 at 10.11 #2.jpg

Photo on 2012-03-18 at 10.11.jpg

What kind of inline fan have you got?

The configuration you are talking about will work fine if your fan has enough oomph. I would not connect the filter until you need it. Keep your ducting as short and straight as possible.

Most people do run: filter>duct>light>duct>fan>

this is what i have. i will disconnect the filter right now... tho is connected in these pix

Photo on 2012-03-18 at 12.08 #3.jpg

Photo on 2012-03-18 at 12.08.jpg

Photo on 2012-03-18 at 12.08 #2.jpg

Photo on 2012-03-18 at 12.07.jpg

Photo on 2012-03-18 at 12.07 #4.jpg

I took my tent down til a new one is built, going 7x4x6 just for flower.
4ft walls will house the 8bulb t5s, both 400s ontop still.

It will be a week or two still but no biggie, be looking for a grow tent build lol.

Heat rises and the air at the top of the tent will be the hottest air. Therefore, the filter and intake ducting should be located closer to the floor where the air is cooler. Do not use the filter until things start to smell--it puts extra stress on the fan. I would disconnect the ducting from the outlet side of the fan outside the tent--you have it turning 180 degrees--unnecessary IMO. What is the cfm of your fan? Filters usually list a minimum required CFM--does your filter?

I did disconnect the filter. Are u saying when i do connect it again, i should have it closer to the floor rather then hanging? And have the inline fan on the inside, closer to the bottom intakes? the cfm of my fan is 400 and i dont know exactly how much for the filter until i get home and look at it. i appreciate ur help. im new and kinda lost. i just want to get it right today.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Heat rises and the air at the top of the tent will be the hottest air. Therefore, the filter and intake ducting should be located closer to the floor where the air is cooler. Do not use the filter until things start to smell--it puts extra stress on the fan. I would disconnect the ducting from the outlet side of the fan outside the tent--you have it turning 180 degrees--unnecessary IMO. What is the cfm of your fan? Filters usually list a minimum required CFM--does your filter?

Latest posts

Back