Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4u2sm0ke said:
not sure where that would help me duct..temps arent bad at 85 lights on...with temps outside tent 71Im thinking it will heat up more ince I hook the scrubber up????....first night running this and will keep yall updated...I hooked up the speed controller but it dont work well....untill next time ...take care and be safe

Yeah once the filter is on your draw will be less.

I like to use insulated duct work as I do not like heating the space I want to cool.

Congrat dman :woohoo:

What kind did you get?

pcduck said:
Yeah once the filter is on your draw will be less.

I like to use insulated duct work as I do not like heating the space I want to cool.

Congrat dman :woohoo:

What kind did you get?

Thanks Duck, i got a Diamond Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent 2x4 for my new T5 its good to be back to having 2 seperate spaces:D

Yep those t-5's fit real nice in a 2 x 4 tent:)

Yeah that :) you will love the growth under the T5 lights. Just make sure you have a fan blowing across the underside of the lights as they do build a little heat bubble beneath them if you don't have air flow pushing it away. I have 2 small fans blowing across mine to keep them cool as I have 9 bulbs in one spot in a 30"x4' space. :)

but you also vent it right? im thinking a fan on the plants and a bathroom exhaust fan will do the job as the tent is only 40 cubic feet (4x2x5) any thoughts?

Should work fine

I have a 4" Vortex exhausting and a small circular fan in mine and I am have no problems.

Thanks Duck,

Hey talk about service, I ordered it at 8:30am Monday morning and its put together and im looking at it at 4pm Tuesday.

Yeah I have mine vented as well as having the fans. Gotta keep the fresh air coming in. :) That should do all you need for that size tent :)

OK newbie question of the day, my wonderful tent clearly shows light when they are on inside and it is dark in the room. Mostly the glow comes from the passive air entries near the bottom of the tent. And a bit around the front/top zipper. Last picture.
If I go inside with all the lights off it "seems" dark to me- but then again I'm not a plant.
I'm still vegging so right now it isn't an issue, just want to know if I need to do any McGyvering before I go to flower.
I did also discover a leak in the top center of the tent which will get some duct tape.
My tent is second hand 6.5' X 6.5' and is set up in a second bedroom. Have two lights 1000W / 600W : both HPS. One old nasty ballast and a slick new digital one (it is PURPLE!) that came with the 600W light. CFM is aroung 350 and I've got a filter on that. Also an oscillating floor fan.
Currently there are 14 plants in residence with 2 boys about to meet the chopping block today.
I plan to get a second tent for veggie soon as I can find the right dimensions for cloning and some mom plants.

IMG_9157.JPG

IMG_9159.JPG

IMG_9160.JPG

IMG_9153.JPG

IMG_9162.JPG

IMG_9147.JPG

I hve been flowering in tents for a cpl years now and hve never had any issues with the small bit of light that comes in down low on the passive intakes. I wld think the only problems it might cause wld be with a well trained SOG or SCROG, where the plants are real low. Jmo

I'm reading through the thread trying to catch up - but it takes a while.
Curious about how close to the top of the tent I can put my lights?. Lights are not air cooled. (1000W & 600W) They have simple metal reflectors and are hanging from chains. I do have CFM exhausting- hanging from the top of the tent with a filter on it. Temps ave 78 with lights on and 64 with lights off. There is also an oscillating fan blowing across the top of the canopy.
Some of my plants are really growing up and out and I would like to put the lights all the way up and then raise any of the smaller plants up to even out the canopy.
It is getting pretty crowded in there. Luckily I have a back up flowering space I can use if I have to. The last three plants are flowering there waiting to earn their place in the tent. Hoping for 1 girl and I'll be tickled pink.

UPdate: 8.29 : Two boys confirmed. the one possible girl was decapitated in a lighting accident. So none of this strain made it to flower. Will try again next run.

Need more light for a 5 x 5. A 1000 watter would work nice

No intake fan needed, go passive intake.

Need more inside circulation one 6" fan is pretty small.

for veg light 4 bulb t-5's

Thanks PCDUCK,

I have another question.
When I go on vacation -- how do I keep plants wattered?
Is it posible ? Gravity set up ?

Jimmy James said:
Thanks PCDUCK,

I have another question.
When I go on vacation -- how do I keep plants wattered?
Is it posible ? Gravity set up ?
Your setup sounds solid other than the veg lighting. Pretty much everything As PC said.
As for watering when you can't be there, that is where your ingenuity will have to kick in. you could use a 5 gallon bucket with a submersable pump connected to a digital timer that can be set for certain days and times very specifically. Then just put together a hose system from the pump to each of the plants. If you have a Home Depot or Lowes by you, check out their "rain bird" automated lawn and garden watering supplies. you can pretty much build any kind of system from there and the pet supply for the water pumps. or check out some "hydro system" supplies at some of the hydro stores online for better pumps and hoses than the "depots".

Being in 5gal grow containers will mean that you don't have to water as often but a lot more than for smaller containers. Once you set up your watering system, you will have to run it a couple times to get your timing correct so that they water enough and not too much. That takes a bit of trial and error but it is very doable. :)

Hey guys, how do I become a member of the Tent Grower's Club? I already have my 2tents set up and rockin :)

Click User CP then Group Membership then HL will check you in:)

Hushpuppy- :Welcome:
Glad to see some activity on this thread.

Tents ROCK!

Latest posts

Back