Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kinds of fans are you using? And could you go over your entire ventilation set up again?

Why throw the one 5 gal bucket into a tote?

well transplanted 4 yesterday into 5 gal grow bags and the 5gal is probably also right at the point of needing to be xplanted before root bounding im guessing and if i have to wait for the 4 i just xfered before flipping why not give the 5gal bucket more root room for the xtended veg period.

also i was asking how long is does it become beneficial to wait between final transplant to flowering.

one of those little clip on fans that came with tent i have hung by cord and string to sway back and forth and then a 6" round air moving on the floor canopy has a slight movement through out no direct wind to plant really

ventilation is a mess atm 8" inline hung from tent ceiling fed into a 6" reducer thru 10' 6" flex to two 6" inlines then out the oil burner xhaust
I know pushing theu tyhe side of the tent is inefficient i literally threw this together in 95 degree heat and high and was not in the condition to go buy 8" duct but iso a shopping list for lowes

my thoughts for what i have is to move teh 8" with reducer to the end of line and get some 8" flex come out the top instead of teh side of tent and then the 10' flex run to the 8" inline reduced right there into 2x 6"inline into the final 10' horizontal run then a 90 to the chimney 30'? So i know i need a real puller that they are just inline but its all i have Guessing 50' total feet of duct run 50/50 vert/horiz.

also have 2 more inlines but was going to build a drying cab with one and use the other maybe in a air box cab with co3 and carbon filter in it and then at that point buy a cool tube 8" hood and go from out side tent to light then out top to (a real puller at some point) then into the air cleaner box then out the chimney.

So i have nothing but time any input on what to do immediately will be put to use I assure you thanks you all again for all and any help as always!

I go from seedling/clone cup to 5"x5"x5" to 3 gallon grow bags or smart pots. My last transplant takes place at least 2 weeks prior to moving to flower tent.

I use to use 5 gallon smart pots but switched to 3 gallons. With my 5 gallon there was no root-bound unless I vegged for a long time.

ya they been vegging for a while it's the biggest plant i dont want tit to suffer and like you are saying wait 2 weeks so that puts me @the 23rd (they are already 3') for a flip if i transplant the 5gal today i know its gonna bind up just off what i seen from the 3 gal and those had just been upped from 2 liters 2 weeks ago or maybe 3 now even.

these are all just test plants really i have a whole hydro setup lurking beside the water heater ;) just swimming in the experience with these. then it's on to satori and a 6 pot hydro run i want them to finish by Christmas if possible ?.?

thanks for the info pcduck, glad to have you guys and all your knowledge available

floor is 85/62
canopy 88/61
ceiling is 86.5/67
sensor is in corner of tent now

plants are looking amazing no issues from transplanting that are noticeable yet though one had a fist size piece of the bottom most roots fall off but was very minor to other things I have experienced

SO HAPPY SEEDS HAVE ARRIVED probally going to pop them all we will see maybe 6/6

10 Satori
1 Critical cheese (auto fem)
1 Deep cheese (fem)

plus have this lurking just need to flower out what I got in tent or get another tent ;)

Big Boy 6 Site Complete Hydroponic System:

IT'S FINALLY HERE: an affordable ebb and flow system that's smarter than the rest!!! The Big Boy Ebb & Flow Hydroponic System is an unbelievable value to any indoor farmer! This system offers all of the versatility of much higher priced systems and MORE, at nearly half the cost. Using the digital timers included with the system, the fill and drain cycles can be timed down to the minute. The layout of the 3.5 gallon site pots can be easily condensed to meet spatial limitations, and also arranged to allow easy access for maintenance purposes. The unique setup of the Big Boy also gives it the ability to transform from the basic six pot model, all the way up to an 18 POT HORTICULTURAL POWERHOUSE! Six Bucket expansion kits, including the necessary tubing and connectors, can be added at any time to fit your growing needs. The Big Boy also includes a water level adjustment feature, which is not available in other more expensive units.

As with many things, the simplicity of the Big Boy Ebb & Flow System is its beauty. The system works by pumping the nutrient solution in your reservoir through a controller bucket and into the sites. As the solution in the sites and controller bucket rise together, the float valve in the controller bucket stops the flow at the desired level. When the drain cycle begins, the solution is pumped through the controller bucket and back to the reservoir. After assembling and testing the system, simply set the flood and drain to begin delivering life giving water and nutrients to your plants! With the Big Boy System, there are no complicated and expensive control modules to go bad on you. Plus, if there ever are any issues, don’t sweat it. The system is covered under a 5 year warranty, and our knowledgeable sales staff can even make repairs on the spot at your local retail store.

In addition to its simplicity and the common sense water level adjustment feature, the design of the Big Boy Ebb & Flow System addresses many of the other shortcomings of similar systems. First off, the Big Boy utilizes larger 3.5 gallon, low profile site pots which sit the same height as 2 gallon pots and much lower than an ebb and flow table. The higher volume 3.5 gallon pot system allows its owners to grow larger, more robust plants while conserving vertical space! Also, the Big Boy's convenient net pot style lids for its growing sites require less growing medium than other systems. Not only does this save you money on filling up the sites, but also makes cleaning and reusing hydroponic medium much less of a hassle. Anyone who's ever done so knows that is a big deal! Another advantage that the Big Boy offers is larger 3/4" tubing and connectors. Not only does this feature provide faster fill and drain cycles, but it also helps to reduce the chance of the hydroponic medium getting caught in the lines. The larger lines paired together with flexibility of the two Dual Outlet Digital Timers with battery backup, give owners the ability to run well timed, precision flood and drain cycles.

The Big Boy Ebb & Flow Hydroponic System is a perfect illustration of the fact that at HTG Supply, we want you to succeed. Our aim is to offer quality products like the Big Boy that not only save you money, but also help to reduce the time required for mundane tasks in the garden.

Check out the Big Boy Instructions below for more details on this system.

* This system does come with Hydrostone growing Medium. Each 10" Bucket lid holds 7 Liters of medium (6 pot complete holds 42 Liters of grow medium)

* As with any hydroponic system it is a good idea to add an air stone in your reservoir to keep it aerated and moving.

WP_20130710_012_zpsa71b0702.jpg

WP_20130710_016_zpsc90abacd.jpg

WP_20130710_017_zps9725f38a.jpg

Is your inline fan a duct booster fan or a centrifuge type fan like a Vortex?

inline fans are okay for helping push or pull air..not well for extractions...Im finnaly setting up this SJ and plan to have it in a room close toa window..you mentioned your outside run was 10 feet?...this is where an inline would work well...look into a vortex type extraction fan and a speed controller...Not wantting to counteract Hushpuppy but My flower room runs in low 80s and Dont seem to have issues..and No co2..Waste of $$$..IMO...Ill get some pics up soon...should have the tent up and ready for plants in 2 weeks...Mojo for you tent growers

:48:

they are all duct boosters but i figure added up they got some pull to them all i have money for atm

gonna grab some 8" flex duct and make the best of what i have for now vortex fans are a ways off for me atm

4 of these total using 2 hxxp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-6in-Inline-Duct-Fan.asp

1 of theese hxxp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-8in-Inline-Duct-Fan.asp

So you paid $95.00 for those 5 inline fans?

hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/Hurricane-Inline-Fan-6-435-CFM-/271119603776?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1ffcd840

Let's compare :D

Not to be too rough on ya N.E. I feel ya and know what you're going through! Do it 100% legit from the beginning no matter what you do, is what I've learnt in this process. Inline fans just do not cut it. You'd be amazing my friend. :aok:

By the way, the fan I linked you is a top quality fan.

Hope you get your temps sorted.. I've been in the 80's plenty and had no problems with my grow. I even hit 90 a few times. I believe, what 78 degrees is the magic number ya? Around there? :confused2:

I just use good ventilation fans, sucking the tent out (I get negative pressure too.. <3) and have some OSC fans going in there. 1 on top of canopy, 1 under it. My mold issues don't seem to exist, but certainly mites or some kind of bug "could" happen. Was lucky and have none of them in either tent yet, and both are nearly done so I guess I was lucky.

Save up the money and get one soon as you can. You can get good quality ones cheaper than I just linked, but that is a nice, large, quality fan and we're trying to compare Apples to Apples (considering) so I was trying to hit the price range you spent on those inlines compared to this quality 6".

Cheers bud :)

no i got the 8" in the tent and the other 4 were like 40$

so that's a 435 CFM my question to someone smarter then me is what is the total cfm after decrease in efficiency if my 3 total = 800cfm 2x6"250 per so 500cfm then teh 8" is 300cfm

they are pulling thru 10' then it goes into the 10' slight incline feed of solid 6" to the chimney

currently
88/64

so that's a 400 cfm or some thing

The one I linked? It's 435 CFM.. you'd even want to get a speed control for it (another $20) because sometimes, maybe in the winter, you won't want to run it on "high" (the fastest speed it goes is the only speed it goes.. the controller is well worth it!) :aok:

ya i hear ya i'm broke i'm disabled 0 income. i gotta beg and borrow for loot to fund this..

so reconfigured it a bit after a 30$ trip to lowes for some tape and reducers

now bear with me i know that this is incorrect but again i have no loot, so what i did was hang the 6" carbon filter in rear of tent then added all before hanging mind you lol a 6" to 8" increaser then the 8" inline fan with a reducer to 6" on output side of it, out the top of the tent 10' to now 3x 6" inline fans running directly into the 10' steel run to the chimney. Thinking i shoudl just run it right out the side to eliminate a 90degree in the flex

now i'm at 1050cfm cut that in half even and i'm moving 525 with a filter

I would try and eliminate any turns and bends and run it as straight as you can.

This is why I don't even try to grow in the Summer anymore. I hate fighting the heat. I have everything shut down except a 2x4 tent with a 5 gallon tote running a DWC set up to try and hang onto my cuts as long as I can. Another week or two and I will have to take cuts and put them in the fridge for 30 days till Summer is on the back end and I can run a bubble cloner to revive them.

N.E.wguy said:
they are all duct boosters but i figure added up they got some pull to them all i have money for atm

gonna grab some 8" flex duct and make the best of what i have for now vortex fans are a ways off for me atm

4 of these total using 2 hxxp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-6in-Inline-Duct-Fan.asp

1 of theese hxxp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-8in-Inline-Duct-Fan.asp

Putting a bunch together doesn't help. Is there any chance that you can return these and get a centrifuge type fan? I don't think that you are going to be able to make those work. It irritates me that HTG sells those with packages like you bought. They KNOW that they are inadequate for the job.

I use a single Vortex to exhaust my 1000W.

I use a 4" on high with one 600w and a 6" on medium with another 600w .. I love em :)

Negative pressure is my friend! :) hah

i get negative flow i can unzip and smoke a bowl out side and it all goes right in my tent i think it's working better then u think maybe but who knows
i'm broke only option atm

i mean i have 4" jumpy house blowers if i really cared i could rig some thing the cellar is only so cool tent is pretty much even with room temp is real issue atm not venting so much and i did go straight with only one swivel 90 be for the 3 inlines you can see the 8" right on carbon filter pretty much i tightened all nuts wd40d all fans and taped all seams

i have been thinking of ways to get 75 degree air to tent asap the plants were out side full sun 4 90 degree days they look happy few cool days coming up they stay under 90 im happy till i can get a/c

here are few more pics, currently 81/68 @10pm

there is also a run of flex running air from a flower cab beside tent with a inline in that run to, that will become teh a/c it vents right on top of floor fan, which is directly beside the passive floor 8x16" or wtv it is

keeping the light pretty close thinking a morning watering

Does your fans suck in your tent tight when your fans are running?

no not tight but noticeable, it is defiantly inefficient cost wise. i don;t doubt that but to be able to stand next to the tent and smoke is telling me there is draw. i have the floor passive totally open and a 6" with an inline fan blowing air directly down on to the floor fan from the flower box beside tent (will become the a/c, feed) , gonna throw a osculating fan in today to help a bit more the **** lil fan sux. really need to figure out a/c been looking at the ducting no idea yet and gonna cost me loot for fittings and flex :( a cooled tube reflector would be great to lol

on a good note all are alive thriving and were just fed and held at 80/64 over night, might switch bulbs today so i can just throw my 3 flowering ones in there in the morning instead of outside don't want them found or taken wtv

gonna throw a osculating fan in today to help a bit more the **** lil fan sux

Yeah, the little fans are good for under the canopy and clipped up top for over the canopy.. but you really want (or at least I wanted) a larger OSC fan that gets right into that canopy and keeps circulating. I started with it on low then worked my way up to high... you want to make sure the plants are strong enough to take the breeze. I have one plant that contoured around my OSC fan.. so I do wish it didn't take up as much space.

Latest posts

Back