Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gourmet: that is a good idea about hanging the fans to keep them out of the way, but I like to blow from under my plants so that I keep the heavier, cooler air pushing up around the plants.

I just saw an amazing thing this morning. I got some dry Ice a couple days ago to make some dryice hash, and I had a bunch left over out of the 10lbs that I bought. Just for the heck of it I took the left over and put in the grow house and let it evaporate over 2 days. This morning when I checked them the growth and healthy look nearly knocked me over. I have regular air-flow into and out of my grow house and shouldn't "need" CO2 so I was shocked to see the level of improvement that the dry ice gave me. I think I am going to start doing this about once a week as I go right by the store that sells it regular, and its only 99cents a pound. :)

Tasty: I think you have something going on within your system if you are not able to keep the temps down as before. What size and number of lights are you using in your tent? Are you able to touch the fixtures on your lights without getting too hot? I actually touched one of mine this morning because I was wanting to warm up some calibration fluid and the fixture wasn't warm enough to warm the liquid, and that is after running for 12 hrs. You say you have the tent in a spare room, what kind of temps are you maintaining in the room? Are you exausting into the room or completely out of the house?

Tasty: I just went back and looked at an earlier pic and answered my questions about the lights and fixtures. Depending on the answers to how you exaust your air and the room temps, I think you may have to go to enclosed and vented fixtures to keep the heat down. That or invest in a cooling system of some sort for the room or tent. :)

I have a Virtual Sun tent on the desk in my bedroom. As you can see from the pictures, I have a 5000btu window fan a couple of feed from the mesh passive intake in the tent. I have the output fan inside the tent with a 400 watt mh light (hps for flowering) and ductwork leading outside the tent to the filter.

I found great desk fans at Walgreens and taped them to the corner posts of the tent. You can fasten them low or high and change the height. The tent is only 2 by 3 so an oscillating fan takes the room of an entire plant. I find the plants are blowing in the breeze of the three small desk fans so I think there is plenty of airflow.

With the ac unit I can keep the temps inside the tent at 74 to 77 (now that I replaced the ac unit as the old one needed a recharge and was not working properly).

This of course is a soil grow as you can see.

tent.JPG

windowairconditioner.JPG

lightoutput fan.JPG

outputductfilter.JPG

passive intake.JPG

Hushpuppy- what changed is winter is over- spring is sprunging ~
I knew that would be coming, but didn't know exactly when. And of course plants are a bit bigger as time goes by. No chance to change room temp.

Venting directly into bedroom- my hubby is Uber paranoid about smells escaping. We have a second carbon filter that can go into the mix.

Had some cooler weather last night--
DanK- didn't see your post in time- so I opened the tent for a while and got the temps back into range. I'll keep it closed back up from now on.

Going to hook up dehumidifier with bigger tank today- it did the auto shut off thing yesterday when full and that always takes me a while to recover from.

Only 4-5 weeks to go and I'm hoping to finish them in the same excellent health they are in now.

Yeah, given that you are exausting into the same space that you are drawing from makes it difficult to lower it unless you are airconditioning the room like Gourmet. However, if you are able to bring down the temps by leaving the tent door open tells me that you just aren't getting enough air flow through the tent to pull all the heat out fast enough. But if it is only getting up around 85, you should be able to finish without problems as long as the plants don't get up too high. :)

In winter I pull the a/c out of the window and just leave the window open a slight bit. Of course I keep my door closed so I don't waste the heat in the house, but with the heat coming off the filter in the bedroom, I can stabilize the temp in both the tent and the bedroom.

Thanks for all the great ideas.
Temps dropped again yesterday- big help. Top was 76 deg and 55% humidity (AFTER FOOD/WATER)

Gourmet- afraid to leave my windows cracked we have crazy wasps here. When I first opened my veggie room one flew in and scared me half to death, he snuck in through the tiny crack in the window I had opened. (I'm allergic and I just hate them)

I don't usually go looking to kill wasps and bees but if I have too I get some stuff from the autoparts store called "carbeurator cleaner". If you shoot them with it, they fall straight away to the ground and die. It knocks them them right out of the air as soon as it hit them. I have a neighbor who is also allergic to them and he had a huge nest of them in his stove exaust in his kitchen. I hit them with that stuff as they started coming out of the exaust vent, and they piled up on the ground below the vent like pile of fire wood. :)

This got back to page 4:eek: . Thought I'd bring it back to top. Its neat to see others tents and such.:icon_smile:

I put in a application to join the TGC. Thank to all who post so beginners like me can get a look at how to set it up.

:welcome:
I'm sure hammy will get you set up shortly with membership.
PM him what # you want to be.

Tents rock!

Thanks Tastyness. I know he's a busy guy and will get to it when more important things are done. Btw, love you grow journal and you really got skills with the camera. I love the clairity of the close in shots. I can almost smell them growing..lol

Thanks again for the welcome.

Happy Happy, Joy Joy!

Thanks Iams- I'm so glad you enjoy the pictures. I sure enjoy taking them.
It's my old canon SD1100 that I got back in 2009. Might be time to retire it- I'v got my eye on a newer model. (It's purple) - not sure I want to switch though- in spite of it being very, very beat up it still takes great pics. And I can find all the settings in my sleep.

Ren 'n Stimpy... oh my!
I was always more of a Pinky and the Brain fan :rofl:

I found my wife old Olympus dock and done. It seems to do well for my pics. It has macro and supermacro settings that are nice, if I could just hold my hands still enough.:)

The Brain: Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but if we get "Sam spayed," we'll never have any puppies.
:holysheep:

Wondering what members may have a Virtual Sun tent and what you think of them.

Just wanted to get the formalities out of the way and make it official with my tent posting pic.
tgc shot.jpg

Thanks again for all your help.

Gourmet, I have no experence with the tent maker you are refering to.

Nice set up Iams :aok:

Has anyone tested the LED lights in a tent?

I was thinking about trying with a BlackStar light in a tent.

420ftw said:
Has anyone tested the LED lights in a tent?

I was thinking about trying with a BlackStar light in a tent.

I am pretty sure a couple members have tried growing with LED lighting in their tents. JAAM comes to mind. It's safe to say that cheap LED are exactly that...Cheap. The LED's that are showing some promise are also not cheap. jmo.

Latest posts

Back