Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aww bummer man i don't like when that happenes to me either, i would keep plucking mine if i had not seen that the trichomes have just recently started showing them selfs.

photo.JPG4 Nl auto and 1 Bubbleicious vegging while the autos flower

Thanks for the bump!

Browsing the thread now..

I'm a bit confused on setting up a tent in my space and what size tent I would need.

I have a 4 x 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 foot (not square) closet that needs a tent because it is not fully enclosed. All the ones I see via Google and EBAY appear to be way too big.

The_Rice_Kang said:
Thanks for the bump!

Browsing the thread now..

I'm a bit confused on setting up a tent in my space and what size tent I would need.

I have a 4 x 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 foot (not square) closet that needs a tent because it is not fully enclosed. All the ones I see via Google and EBAY appear to be way too big.

I just got home from work brosef...I will peruse the internet for you once I smoke a bowl and decompress.

The_Rice_Kang said:
I have a 4 x 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 foot

Okay confused on those numbers. Tents are usually listed by Width x Depth x Height. Is the 4 for you Width and you only have 2.5 feet of height?

I am hoping that 4 is your height. I found a 30" Wide x 18" Deep x 36" High (2.5' x 1.5' x 3') Tent for US $72.95 with free shipping.

$(KGrHqJ,!pwE9eHf5fq(BPk(cLK5h!~~60_12.JPG

Here is the link to it>>>http://www.ebay.com/itm/30-x18-x36-MYLAR-HYDROPONICS-GROW-TENT-ROOM-2-5X1-5X3-CLONE-T001-/290826411099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b69adc5b

Welcome to our two newest members, Malignedone and killah706. I added your names to the first post guys. If you have not already done so, post a pic or two of your set up when you can. Nice to have you with us.

okay....last grow is done..now on to the next...

last time..........................................................................................................................this time

thanks for the link! I'm seriously considering buying this tent, a 400 watt HPS system and some fans with carbon filters.

I would need to look for centrifugal fans correct? and with the duct work how does that work and I'm a bit confused on it's purpose.

I would love some help compiling a list of everything I would need to set-up the tent correctly, with good ventilation and odor control. :)

Thanks you for having me in the group! I'm really excited. filter & fan combo 195cfm 400watt ipower dimmable ballast 60"(L) x 60"(W) x 78-3/4"(H)grow tent
1-IMAG0227.jpg

3-IMAG0229.jpg
I want to get a 600 watt ballast can anyone help me out with some good name brands?

Attachments

• 2-IMAG0228.jpg
    2-IMAG0228.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 85
Good luck and green mojo killah...thanks for posting a couple pics.

The_Rice_Kang said:
thanks for the link! I'm seriously considering buying this tent, a 400 watt HPS system and some fans with carbon filters.

I would need to look for centrifugal fans correct? and with the duct work how does that work and I'm a bit confused on it's purpose.

I would love some help compiling a list of everything I would need to set-up the tent correctly, with good ventilation and odor control. :)

Off the top of my head:

Tent
Light
Inline fan
Carbon Filter (Odor Control)
Flexible ducting
Light hangers (Pro Grip are the best)
Timer

Other things that will be needed:
Nutrients ( General Hydroponics is cheap and works great)
Soil ( a soil with no added nutrients is best)
Pots
A ph meter (Eseasongear.com has good meters for good prices)
A pocket microscope for checking the trichomes

check ebay, a 600w digi setup with vortex fan, hood, bulbs, ballast , yo-yos, timer for under 250 bux shipped.

i ordered one and they sent me a xxxl magnum hood and a digi 1k setup for 230 bux shipped via ups....

very nice setup for the $.

:D

The_Rice_Kang said:

The centrifugal fan is what you need. It serves 3 purposes; first is to remove the heat that is created by the hps lights so that you can maintain a good mid 70s temp in the tent.

Second is as it pulls the heat out of the tent, it also pulls fresh air into the tent. Plants need to breath just like we do. They breath in CO2 and exhale O2 and moisture. By having "passive intakes" at the bottom of the tent, and the exaust fan connected to the light by way of flex hose and mounted at the top, the hotter CO2 depleted air which is lighter gets pulled out and the heavier, cooler, co2 enriched air gets pulled in at the bottom.

The 3rd thing is this setup allows you to cool the lights, suck out the old air, and in the process, keep all of the odors contained in the tent because of the vacuume that is created by the centrifugal fan. All that odor can then be trapped and neutralized by a carbon filter that you would connect to the fan-flex hose-light setup.

Different people set it up different ways to suit their individual needs. I have 3 tents with my lights held in cooltubes that are connected on 1 end to the carbon filter that I hung at the top of the tent, and on the other end (outside the tents, close to the exit of my building)connects to my exaust fans.

This allows the fans to pull the air through the filter first then through the cooltubes to remove the heat from the top of the tent and then from the bulbs themselves. All of this is connected with flex hose that goes through the premade vent holes in the tents.

I hope this helps you :)

trillions of atoms said:
check ebay, a 600w digi setup with vortex fan, hood, bulbs, ballast , yo-yos, timer for under 250 bux shipped.

i ordered one and they sent me a xxxl magnum hood and a digi 1k setup for 230 bux shipped via ups....

very nice setup for the $.

:D

Good info bro...not sure this cat needs a 1000 watts in his small space but I guess if the ballast is dimmable he could run it on the 400 or 600 watt setting. I hate those yo yo hangers though. I would see if you could upgrade to Pro Grip. I don't get moist in the panties for many things I buy but those hangers are just plain awesome. So quick, Sturdy and well built. I can raise my 4 foot HO T5 set up in 2 seconds with them and get it back down and in position over the plants in about 5 seconds. Hands down best hangers I have ever used.

thanks bruh, for the green mojo! I'll keep everyone up to date on the grow. rocklock,la musa, afghan, raspberry kusk,auto blueberry,afghan kush ryder, and blue dream

killah706 said:
thanks bruh, for the green mojo! I'll keep everyone up to date on the grow. rocklock,la musa, afghan, raspberry kusk,auto blueberry,afghan kush ryder, and blue dream

:icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back