Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! I signed up for BHC as well so seems I'm good to go. Not sure if I display my #'s or even what they are hah :)

animal454 said:
Welcome Mr Dragon..

Green mojo to you my friend.;)

Thank you kind sir and thanks for all you've done for me!

Could not have done it without you!!

DDragon said:
Thank you kind sir and thanks for all you've done for me!

Could not have done it without you!!

Sure you would..MP has any info you need..:)

animal454 said:
Sure you would..MP has any info you need..:)

Yeah,but without your "jumpstart" I would still be in the what if stage! :icon_smile:

Hamster Lewis said:
I bought my 4x4x6.5 on eBay for around 129 US free shipping. I run 1000 watts total HPS in flower in it. Have had zero issues with it.

Just read this and I'm just curious on how much (on an avg.) you can yeild in a tent your size with the same wattage. I have the exact setup and would like to ask someone who's had more of expierence on this tent than others. Thanks

JohnnyBlazeBK said:
Just read this and I'm just curious on how much (on an avg.) you can yeild in a tent your size with the same wattage. I have the exact setup and would like to ask someone who's had more of expierence on this tent than others. Thanks

I don't bother weighing many ladies I pull because I only grow for the wife and myself and at this point it's not hard to eyeball at the chop and know if you are in the ball park to where you consistently yield. This last run I had all new strains so I weighed at least one of each so I knew if they were light, heavy or normal as far as yield goes. Most strains I pull 3 ounces dry from my tent. Some of the elite strains that I am lucky enough to have come my way yield less but make up for it in all other areas....taste, bag appeal, potency. This year I had three strains that were better than average for me. WiFi, Albert Walker and Purple Wreck x Blue Moonshine all put out right around 4...AW was like 4.5. I grow in one gallon pots..both standard plastic and Smart Pots. The Smart Pots yield better for me. I use General Hydroponics 3 part series and I am a habitual heavy feeder. Hope this helps.

Hamster,
When you say "Most strains I pull 3 ounces dry from my tent"
is that per plant ???

Jimmy James said:
Hamster,
When you say "Most strains I pull 3 ounces dry from my tent"
is that per plant ???

Yes...haha if that was for my entire 4x4x6.5 tent I would have given up growing long ago.:D That's per plant in one gallon pots. Bigger pots, longer veg it might be more. I just prefer to work with one gallon pots. I am happy with where I have it dialed in. It's just for my wife and I so I am not complaining about my haul. I need to grow enough to make it through till Fall comes again since I take Summers off.

Now this doesn't mean if I stuffed 20 plants in one gallon pots in there under that amount of light I would pull just under 4 pounds...I think it's 3 and 3/4 pounds. :eek: Would need a lot more than 1000 watts to pull that off. :)

Jimmy James said:
3 X 9 = 18 === sounds good to me

2 x 9=18 If this was A+ Straight Fire...:D I would be more than happy. I am sure this is where I was around before dialing it in, and I say that as in "dialed in" for me. Everyone grows different and you have to kinda find your own sweet spots.

3 x 9=27 This is where I would want to be dialed in with the average strain I grow. If you believe in the "high water mark" of a gram a watt, then there would be room for improvement, since this is like .75 grams a watt. That would leave another .25 grams out there being wasted.:rolleyes:

Jimmy James said:
3 X 9 = 27 --- sounds even better to me:rolleyes:

Lol..it's all good. The easy the math the harder for me when I am baked. :D Algebra no problemo, multiplication? Not so much.

Hamster Lewis said:
I don't bother weighing many ladies I pull because I only grow for the wife and myself and at this point it's not hard to eyeball at the chop and know if you are in the ball park to where you consistently yield. This last run I had all new strains so I weighed at least one of each so I knew if they were light, heavy or normal as far as yield goes. Most strains I pull 3 ounces dry from my tent. Some of the elite strains that I am lucky enough to have come my way yield less but make up for it in all other areas....taste, bag appeal, potency. This year I had three strains that were better than average for me. WiFi, Albert Walker and Purple Wreck x Blue Moonshine all put out right around 4...AW was like 4.5. I grow in one gallon pots..both standard plastic and Smart Pots. The Smart Pots yield better for me. I use General Hydroponics 3 part series and I am a habitual heavy feeder. Hope this helps.

Hey Thanks for the info. Only thing is I forgot to mention that I'm growing the hydro way not soil. Just wanted you to see my setup and tell me what you think. They are on 2 week into flowering. I usally have them in a closet where the ceiling is high so I usually veg dem for two months before flowering. So when I got the tent I put them in there to flower, but with a 600 and 250 watt on top and a 150 watt at the bottom. This is all new setup for me. I again usually had them in the closet with 250 and 150 on top. So I just got the 600watt with the tent. I just decided to throw the 250 and 150 watt in there to max the yeild.

What you think about the setup and do you think they might out grow the tent.

Also do you guys recommend I flower next grow with like 6 smaller plants rather than two full grown plants.

I appreciate you advice and experience.

Thanks for your help.

P3300025.JPG

P3300026.JPG

P3300027.JPG

P3280022.JPG

P3300029.JPG

Wowwww!!! This thread is still going!!!!???!?! Love it!!!!.
Well sence my last timeposting on this thread, i only had 400w hps, now i upgraded to 2 400w hps and 1 400w hd florecent light.. For a total of 1200w.. By far im not done with the upgrading, wann add another fan to combat the heat issue and 2 corban filters.. one for the 6inch fan i already have(400+ cfm) and one for the 4inch fan i plan on getting.. it get up to 88* sence the weater changed and i added a ceiling to the room that my box is in, will have to do something bout the window thats in there to help combat it... but wht i have growing right now is a cross that i did useing a chemdawg 91' cutting (f) and a red diesel (m).. they jus got cut down yesterday, really nice, 2nd round with them see wht other pheno's i can get.. the other is super lemon haze.. i love this strain they got about 2 more weeks at the most till they be cut.. in my veg box, i have a Og kush started, got it lst'd, no sign of the sex.. but if its a male, i will be hooking him up with the slh ladys that share the same space.. i have them topped(not og)and wont let them flower till either i now the sex of the other plant or in 1 r 2 months.. im hoping i can get ya pics up here soon so yall can check me out, till then.. JusBlaze

I should add pics of my set up when I get home...also gives me an excuse to finally calculate my total lumens. I have a 4x4x6.5 tent (painted blue exterior, soon it should say "police box" across the top...because I'm a nerd). With my current lighting and ventilation, it has leveled out at around 77F with approx 40%RH. I am, however, starting to wonder if something needs adjusting. The 2 clones I have in there currently look healthy enough and they have new growth, but they aren't getting taller...just bushier. It's that normal for clones at about 1.5 weeks? One is Jack herer, the other is chemdog. At any rate, happy tenting!

Edit: So, from my brief look on the interwebs, the T5 is rated at 2900 lumens. Each LED grow light is approximately 3000, and each CFL is 800.

Growtent.jpg

I just got my DWC single buckets set up a few days ago I set them up with some compression couplings that way I can fill the extra bucket with nutes and just have to switch out the buckets when ready to clean the girls are three weeks old from seed . and looking alright in my opinion I am useing the advanced nutes micro grow bloom for this grow with two different types of LED lights . I can clearly see the difference in how thelights are working if you get LED lights I would say the DS lights work best .

the first picture has the diamond series light it is a bit bigger then the other plant which uses the other light

downsized_0428131753b.jpg

downsized_0428131753c.jpg

downsized_0428131753d.jpg

JohnnyBlazeBK said:
Hey Thanks for the info. Only thing is I forgot to mention that I'm growing the hydro way not soil. Just wanted you to see my setup and tell me what you think. They are on 2 week into flowering. I usally have them in a closet where the ceiling is high so I usually veg dem for two months before flowering. So when I got the tent I put them in there to flower, but with a 600 and 250 watt on top and a 150 watt at the bottom. This is all new setup for me. I again usually had them in the closet with 250 and 150 on top. So I just got the 600watt with the tent. I just decided to throw the 250 and 150 watt in there to max the yeild.

What you think about the setup and do you think they might out grow the tent.

Also do you guys recommend I flower next grow with like 6 smaller plants rather than two full grown plants.

I appreciate you advice and experience.

Thanks for your help.

I would move the 150W or get rid of it. Plants neither need nor want to be lit from the bottom. It confuses the plant.

I just wanted to give my tent growing peeps an update. Here is a couple pics of some MK Ultra that I have growing in one tent. They are at 7wks :) The next pic is another tent that is at 3weeks and has Nirvana's White Rhino in the front and Blue Mystic in the back :)

MKU5-27.JPG

IMG_20130525WRnBM.JPG

Latest posts

Back