Tent setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kefner

Reaction score
It's been awhile since my last post. My Blue Dream grow turned out to be all males. Bought off CL.

Since then I've been getting some gear to make my life easier. I now have a 4x4x79 tent (in addition to my 4x4x84 cabinet), 4' 4 bulb T5 light (veg), 1000w HPS/MH ballast with HPS bulb and 6" hood, 12 3gal buckets and a 440CFM fan for venting.

I'm doing E&F and plan on SCROGing my next grow. I have been using the Lucas formula and before I pulled the BD, it was working really well for me.

Questions:

Do you all put your res outside of the tent? If so, do you punch a hole and patch around the tube coming in?

Also how many plants can I grow inside a 4x4? One person told me 32" on center for each plant which puts me roughly at 4 plants in there. It looks like 6 might also work but be a little tight. Or maybe 5 in an 'X' shape?

Does the space matter if I'm scroging?

Thanks for reading (and hopefully replying!) :)

-Kef

Thats a good idea. Its the batter way for spending life easily.

(You actually bought seeds off CL?) :eek:

How many plants you can get in a given space is partially dependent on strain and how long you veg for. I would probably go with 4-6 in that space.

No, I bought clones. Still just as risky so I found out. Still learning...

Thanks for the replies all! I'm going OG Kush for my next batch. Got the clones from a local clonery LOL if that is even a term. Got to see the mother plant and final product and it all looked good.

I'll go with 6 and see how that runs for this one.

If your buying clones you can garuntee the sex by getting them from a female. Sounds like they burned you homie. Sorry. New setup sounds really nice. Are you starting from seed this time or clone?

depetreono said:
If your buying clones you can garuntee the sex by getting them from a female. Sounds like they burned you homie. Sorry. New setup sounds really nice. Are you starting from seed this time or clone?

Yeah.....you got ripped. Is this supposed to be some kind of legitimate place? I have never heard of a place just selling clones...

Wow selling someone male clones takes balls....no pun intended.

My first clone purchase (BD) was from a random person on CL. After talking with some other people, I found out that he has been selling from the same male plant as other strains. So we all avoid that now.

The second was a referral to another patient who happens to do clones for other patients. Really nice guy. So it's not a shop in a true definition, but he has selection. All the clones I got all have nice pistil pre-flowers on them now (I got them a month ago). In fact the OG Kush plant I have from him smells exactly like the cured version I'm using now. LOVE IT!

Yeah I got burned but it was a good learning experience. Also I had ripped some clones off the BD before I knew it was male. All sprouted so at least I know how to make clones now. Even though I tossed them.

Since the BD was my first grow ever, I was sort of learning on them. Now I understand what to look for a little better and have better contacts.

Tonight I'm laying out the grid for my scrog and will start bending and guiding them along.

Oh, what about the res? Do you all just punch a hole in the tent for the tube?

hey man .. sounds like you have a nice lil set up there.. or in progress...
ive seen many ways for pluming out of a tent..
#1 just cutting and patching...
#2 bulk head fittings which gives you a nice look and a good seal just need to get the size that will allow you to slide pipe/tubing threw
#3 or plumb out a lower port if you can..
theres a few

i use the 3rd method.. works good..
if i couldnt go out the port i would do the bulk head fittings.. and all you gotta do is cut the bh back close to or into the threads a lil and have nut side in your tent.. ping pow poo an instant port...

LH

Latest posts

Back