Tent vs built room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phmaster

Reaction score
ive seen positives and negatives In both but I’m after experience over opinion!

I like to think I’m fairly knowledgeable about growing outdoor and looking to do my first indoor to try new things and cause I can be done all year round!

I have a spare room available am weighing up the options between big tent and building room out ei lined walls floors etc etc

Pros Pin points for tent
Cleaner and ease of cleaning
Already has vent holes
Can be moved and stored away after use
Cons:
Very weak
Expensive
Made to a certain spec
Have to order online or face to face

Pros built room
Custom made to my setup
Strong frame
Fraction of cost
Utilise space
Cons:
Movable restricted
Waste of time building small

The list could go on but I feel like building a room is best suited to my operation but then again a tent would suit just as good!

It’s use will be frequent but will be cleaned and room used between as summer will switch to outdoors

LOL, fraction of the cost? my tent is a 4x8 Gorilla about $600. The custom built room $18,000. You don't have a clue about this.

I can assure you it won’t umbra it’ll be price for price other than tent will be more expensive. I have built many rooms before as extensions or renovations to people’s houses and the whole job doesn’t even cost $7,000. I have even got a growers guide That shows you which equipment can be used without breaking the bank!. have you ever built a room fit out before? When you first ever started growing and were looking for knowledge did you get told you have no clue about it? As I said earlier I’m after experience not opinion

My last 4x4x6.5 tent lasted me 5 years and I paid 120 bucks with free shipping. I only replaced it because I wanted one with more access. Same size and it cost me 125 bucks free shipping. A custom built grow room might be a better solution for certain people but I doubt it is cheaper. Not to mention I shut down for the summer and being able to drop the tent and put it away is a great plus.

phmaster you state you have a spare room available, correct ? I would go that way. It wont cost that much to get it grow ready. A few years back I built a two story garage with three rooms upstairs and it only cost me 14000 to built and get 2 rooms upstairs grow ready. And that was with adding solar panels for my veg room to run on.

I can assure you it won’t umbra it’ll be price for price other than tent will be more expensive. I have built many rooms before as extensions or renovations to people’s houses and the whole job doesn’t even cost $7,000. I have even got a growers guide That shows you which equipment can be used without breaking the bank!. have you ever built a room fit out before? When you first ever started growing and were looking for knowledge did you get told you have no clue about it? As I said earlier I’m after experience not opinion
It is experience I was talking about. My mini split was $3500 alone. The 200 Amp service, insulation, drywall, studs, controller, humidifiers, ventilation for the lights, man I could go on. If you've done this before why would even post this question. Good luck

IMG_0912.JPG
IMG_0880.JPG
IMG_0868.JPG
my tent and my room

more control over environment in a sealed room vs a tent.
save the tent for a veg/clone chamber.

Latest posts

Back