That is the question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheStickyIcky said:
I don't care what you have read that says that. Its **.

links to back up your statement or any research?

No links, just the best teacher....experience.
Your links and research?

This thread backed up my original thoughts. People have no real reason to germinate before planting.

TheStickyIcky said:
No links, just the best teacher....experience.
Your links and research?

This thread backed up my original thoughts. People have no real reason to germinate before planting.

My reason is to ensure that the seed has properly germinated, if its a runt or has a very slow germ rate i cull them right off the bat, and they never make it to my growroom.

I can understand that, Dankerz. I just have never had to cull a plant because of that.

TheStickyIcky said:
I guess its all about preference. Or just how you learned.

Yeah, I put mine in soil, BB. I see no reason to germinate before planting.

I just fill the cup/pot with soil and then stick my finger in the center up to the first knuckle and drop the seed in. Then I just brush enough dirt over the seed to cover it good (maybe a 1/4 inch). I keep that moist and under 24 hour light. Voila! 3 days and you will generally have sprouts. 96-98% success rate or so.
thats the way i do it too sticky i have had better results that way too

Yep. Out of all the plants I have ever started (quite a bit), I may have had 2 tops that didn't germinate and thats just because of faulty seeds. They are up and ready to go on the 3rd day.

well this grow I did what the sticky icky does except I put 2 seeds per pot and I only got 1 to sprout per pot and 1 pot didn't get anything... Thats why I germinate...

No need to put more than one per pot. Another key is knowing what to look for in the seeds.

i use both methods..just the other day i threw some mexi seeds in with a house plant with year old soil and in 2 days i had 100%germ 5 seeds 5 sprouts starting their first true set.

Latest posts

Back